FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee United -v- Ict : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Good atmosphere at the game yesterday. From the stand my initial thought on Duncan's tackle was a straight red, but looking at the replay, he clearly got the ball!!! Bit where the ref was positioned, he probably only saw the man go down and not the touch. Good chance of a successful appeal i think. Duncan had a good game so get off his back, we're here to support the team, not bitch!! In our current situation, we need everybody fighting for the cause and giving the team as much support as possible. As Terry said on the meet and greet forum, focus on the positives!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was anyone else getting frustrated with lionals continous hoofs up the park towards the end? Fair enuff when were under pressure, but when the boy has time thats all he does. I think he may get found out when we start to control games more.

We were under a lot of pressure at the end, and Gary Wood dosnt exactly have the pace to chase long balls.

But il take the point, only wish we killed the game when we had the chance!!

Guess it's a sign of how much Butcher has improved our confidence that I came away yesterday feeling a bit disappointed about us only getting a point. Fair result, but after an hour or so I was daring to hope. Another really spirited performance, though. Duncan, as many have already mentioned, had an excellent first half in particular. Black stood out in the second and covered Duncan's absence really well when Duncan was sent off. I like the look of Imrie and Odihambo up front - load of pace and effort and a little skill too, although as someone said earlier, they still need to build a better understanding. The defence fought for everything and apart from the goal coped reasonably well with a fair bit of pressure. Actually felt Munro was more commanding than Midhadjuks today, but there's no doubt they're the best CB partnership we've had in a couple of seasons. Esson makes a big difference too - he may have fumbled for the goal but he got everything else. I suspect opponents feel far more intimidated playing against him than they do against Fraser. Zadi made a few more good interceptions and strong clearing headers, and although there was also a fair bit of wild slashing at the ball as the second half went on, I think that overall this back four clears its lines far more effectively than the previous line-up where was Hastings at LB and Rosscoe seemed to push forward more. As for the wider players, Foran won a lot in the air, used the ball well and tracked back well, without really imposing himself as a creative force, while Proctor was probably our quietest player without doing anything wrong.

Although I'd like to see a little more creativity from the midfield, I think Butcher's strategy of retaining a successful line-up is the right one. Two changes will be enforced on him next week - I'm sure he'll take the opportunity to give Kerr his chance, and while I'd like to see Vigurs get the other place, I wouldn't be surprised if Butcher opted for the experience of McBain. A few winnable games coming up, and if we keep up yesterday's attitude and get a little more sharpness into the team going forward, we'll start picking up points.

According to the Mail on Sunday ( I get it for the free DVD ) we had Derek Stillie in goal for us yesterday....where do they get these reporters from.

Initially thought that Russell Duncan won the ball, but as soon as I saw the ref running over i knew what was coming. He didn't seem to argue much about it though, and i didn't see it on Alba. But hey, he took one for the team and I prefer drawing 1-1 than losing 2-1.

Imrie and Odhiambo look like the forward two we have been needing all season, and with a few more games they will have a better understanding. Imrie just needs to learn to look up when he's charging down the field!

Our next two games against Hibs and Motherwell are huge. Falkirk take on Hamilton next week I think. We need to pick up the points while the others take points off each other.

I thought Utd hardly played any football at all it just seemed to be Kenneth playing the long ball up for Sandaza and Daly.

Felt we played well and deserved the point shame imrie couldn't get the ball to odhiambo because i think that could have ended the game.

Saw the Red card before the OF game which was awful and Duncan definetley got a touch on the ball and Utd fans were moaning about him taking too long to get off the pitch well if you put the tunnel in the middle (the proper place0 we wouldn't have had that problem.

Fact of the matter is that what looked like an unpromising round of fixtures this wekend saw us lose no ground on any of our relegation rivals and gain a point on Hamilton. Esson was at fault for he goal but I'm sure he's experienced enough not to let it dent his confidence.

Just watched the highlights on BBC, Russell had to go, didnt look like he got even a wee touch.

Imrie should have done a lot better when he did so well to get in on goal, only to pass the ball right into the keepers hands, likewise Wood should have at least made the keeper work when he had the goal at his mercy.. oh it could have been 3 points!

Just watched the highlights on BBC, Russell had to go, didnt look like he got even a wee touch.

Imrie should have done a lot better when he did so well to get in on goal, only to pass the ball right into the keepers hands, likewise Wood should have at least made the keeper work when he had the goal at his mercy.. oh it could have been 3 points!

I agree Imrie should have scored from that position. Not sure he's a natural striker.

On the subject of Russell being sent off - as Swanson had the ball at his feet and Russell was chasing, it is obvious that had Russell taken two more steps before the 'lunge', he would then have been alongside Swanson and doubt as to the ball/man man/ball would not have been an issue.

I realise it is all now history but that two points slipping through our hands is really sore!

On the issue of our now established left back, each game a possible MOM, why does IHE keep undermining the lads performance week after week?

He is waiting for the big boy to make a mistake, he states, we are bottom of the league because the whole TEAM has made mistakes, every player has to hold their hands up at some time - so if IHE is expecting a team of players that will not make a mistake I would suggest maybe a visit to Old Trafford is required.

Lionels the best we have in his position, at this time, if his game goes off we have Hastings or Byrne as backup, IHE says Lionel will cost us matches, well he has saved us matches with his play and clearances in the recent past.

IHE is suggesting that TB is not picking his best players. Well the players I have seen in ICT shirts this past wee while are not doing a bad job, considering they were down and out when CB left.

What then, if I am correct, is IHE's agenda?

Is he a tinkie in the camp? Is he really a jailender in disguise? Maybe CB leaving was the last straw and he is now a convert to over the bridge! Nothing worse than the strong opinions of the newly converted and they can be so manipulative, if they wish. Beware the enemy within!

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Where the sun even at the game?

Ryan Esson looks nothing like Derek Stillie!!

and Ryan is 7 years younger than Derek!

why would we want to know the age difference?

no1 cares

On the subject of Russell being sent off - as Swanson had the ball at his feet and Russell was chasing, it is obvious that had Russell taken two more steps before the 'lunge', he would then have been alongside Swanson and doubt as to the ball/man man/ball would not have been an issue.

Only problem with that is, Russell was coming in from the side and Swanson was running forward at full pelt. No option other than let him go.

What then, if I am correct, is IHE's agenda?

Is he a tinkie in the camp? Is he really a jailender in disguise? Maybe CB leaving was the last straw and he is now a convert to over the bridge! Nothing worse than the strong opinions of the newly converted and they can be so manipulative, if they wish. Beware the enemy within!

Feck me, rumbled at last. Talk your way out of that.