FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewsters 4 Goals

BornCaley

I assume you are referring to Charlie Christie who left us after three games of the 07/08 season. It is hardly comparable to the club removing Brewster after 22 league games of the 08/09 season with a W5-D2-L15 record which was significantly worse than any other manager (Charlie had a W11-D13-L14 record the previous season).

Anyhoo, thats getting off topic. suffice to say that in a way I am happy he is scoring a few goals ....or at least 'not that bothered'. Regardless of what anyone thought of Brewster the manager, I dont think anyone on here ever doubted the ability of Brewster the player.

It is however frustrating that a mere few weeks after getting the dunt from ICT, he turns up at county as a player. Many would have loved to see him pull on an ICT shirt when still manager as he could potentially have been his (and our) own saviour. His managerial record was so much better when he was on the park than on the sidelines. I guess the fear of damaging his shoulder receded when he had to earn a crust ........ that is understandable. Frustrating, but understandable.

The silver lining in all of this is that although I believe that Brewster the player would undoubtedly have strengthened us, he may still have struggled to save us from relegation, but I believe Butcher will with a little room to spare. 10 games in and a W5-D2-L3 record ... pretty decent !!!

I assume you are referring to Charlie Christie who left us after three games of the 07/08 season. It is hardly comparable to the club removing Brewster after 22 league games of the 08/09 season with a W5-D2-L15 record which was significantly worse than any other manager (Charlie had a W11-D13-L14 record the previous season).

Anyhoo, thats getting off topic. suffice to say that in a way I am happy he is scoring a few goals ....or at least 'not that bothered'. Regardless of what anyone thought of Brewster the manager, I dont think anyone on here ever doubted the ability of Brewster the player.

It is however frustrating that a mere few weeks after getting the dunt from ICT, he turns up at county as a player. Many would have loved to see him pull on an ICT shirt when still manager as he could potentially have been his (and our) own saviour. His managerial record was so much better when he was on the park than on the sidelines. I guess the fear of damaging his shoulder receded when he had to earn a crust ........ that is understandable. Frustrating, but understandable.

The silver lining in all of this is that although I believe that Brewster the player would undoubtedly have strengthened us, he may still have struggled to save us from relegation, but I believe Butcher will with a little room to spare. 10 games in and a W5-D2-L3 record ... pretty decent !!!

I was actually thinking more of our league poition when JR left to go to Hearts. From my memory we were in pretty bad shape but I could be wrong!

My frustration comes from the abuse CB is subjected to on CTO. Anything positive that happened during his reign was a legacy from JR or even Pele, anything negative was entirely his fault. Any positive signings he made were down to someone else's contacts, those that have turned out badly, he's entirely to blame!

Pavels for example, is citied on this site as having nothing to do with Brew. This is total tosh. Morais only came here because Brew persuaded him as he said after his departure. Both can be said to have made significant impact to date. What do posters want to focus on.....Andy Barrowman?

Even at Utd where he bombed, he signed Noel Hunt for ?50k (with Utd making in excess of ?600k in profit when sold), signed Lee Wilkie for buttons when no one else wanted him, Craig Conway another success and Kristian Kalvenes who is now in the Championship.

He has significant limitations as a manager/coach in my opinion but has a decent average on spotting players as well as being a top, top class centre forward. You only need to speak to Hibs, Utd of Dumf fans to see what they think of him. But for some reason the view of many a narrow minded Highlander is at best tainted or worst twisted and warped. Posters are rating guys who scored goals in the Second and Third Divisions as better CFs than CB!!!!!

Never disagreed with the call to replace him, needed to happen. Always have been and always will be totally and utterly repulsed by the witchhunt that lead to it and has continued on this site from many, orchestrated by people who have the audacity to call themselves professionals.

Positively, think that TB can get more out of the many decent players CB signed as there is no doubt he is much more tactically aware. That said, if it goes wrong for TB at some stage, he will still get my respect for giving it his all, as CB, CC and JR did before him.