FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mark Brown

Wyness13

This has been discussed in passing in other threads but I feel it perhaps warrants its own.

With Celtic having agreed a pre-contract agreement with Lukasz Zaluska, and nearing the signing of American keeper Dominic Cervi, Mark Brown is surely set for the transfer list this summer.

Our own Michael Fraser is destined for Motherwell and there is talk of Esson never playing in an ICT shirt again, surely us signing Mark back is a likely scenario?

The wages would not be too big an issue. By staying at celtic for that length of time he should be semi-set for life so he does not need toget a ridiculously igh wage packet.

Hope he returns he was excellent.

I was speaking to Mark Brown at Richard Hastings testimonial.

The wages would not necessarily be an issue as he would rather earn less and play football every week.

I am sure if we made him a reasonable offer, he may well consider it. He certainly had no issues with living in Inverness.

He should have thought about that before he upped sticks and went to sit on the Celtic bench for a handsome fee.

That's harsh mate. You too would do the same. Anyone would. Human nature to do the best you can. I would love to see Brown back. Great player.

He should have thought about that before he upped sticks and went to sit on the Celtic bench for a handsome fee.

He never went to Celtic with the intention of being backup the whole time he was there. He does have ambition!

I find it ridiculous when people try to judge a person for showing ambition. He also had to endure redundancy at Motherwell so security for his family would have been close at mind.

He was a great servant to the club and left for what was a better opportunity at the time simple as.

I don't think it's harsh at all. Did he really expect to oust Boruc as Celtic's number one. Yes the increase in wages would have been grand for his bank balance. Unfortunately this sort of thing happens all the time, and not just to ICT players. I don't blame Brown at all for doing what he did, but no use him complaining about sitting on the bench and rather be playing first team football. He could have had that here, but he chose to go and fulfill his dream , as they all say.

This does not mean I have to like what he did. He is not the first to do this, and certainly won't be the last.

Why shouldn't he have gone with the intention of replacing Boruc?

Had Boruc left as was being touted on numerous occasions in the last few years Brown would have had the opportunity to make the number 1 shirt his own. There are various scenarios that could have worked in his favour. Unfortunately they didnt.

You are right though loyalty in football is getting smaller and smaller every year.

That's harsh mate. You too would do the same. Anyone would. Human nature to do the best you can. I would love to see Brown back. Great player.

Of course anyone would have done the same TSNY - you're absolutely right.

Only a feckin tube would be incapable of seeing that.

He never went to Celtic with the intention of being backup the whole time he was there. He does have ambition!

I find it ridiculous when people try to judge a person for showing ambition. He also had to endure redundancy at Motherwell so security for his family would have been close at mind.

He was a great servant to the club and left for what was a better opportunity at the time simple as.

As if Brown was going to get picked before Boruc :lol: He joined them on 18/01/2007 and has played 13 games and now Celtic have signed Lukasz Zaluska and Dominic Cervi (well end of the week he'll sign). They only took him there as cover

As if Brown was going to get picked before Boruc :lol: He joined them on 18/01/2007 and has played 13 games and now Celtic have signed Lukasz Zaluska and Dominic Cervi (well end of the week he'll sign). They only took him there as cover

Boruc has not been consistent all that time. Unfortunately Brown was worse when he came in from who knows what. You saying if you went to a club you would be quite happy just sitting at the side and not make an effort to make your own name?

Boruc has not been consistent all that time. Unfortunately Brown was worse when he came in from who knows what. You saying if you went to a club you would be quite happy just sitting at the side and not make an effort to make your own name?

I would be happy enough to sit on the bench if i was making alot of money at the end of the week