FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Division 1 Positives

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah i'm talking about the established spl clubs currently in the spl (kilmarnock, motherwell, dun utd, aberdeen etc). They have all been relegated sometime in the not too distant past and have bounced back stronger and stayed back.

Aberdeen is a shocking example!

Sorry but you are kidding yourself with that one. You can look that far back all you want but Scottish football has changed since then and in the current climate going straight back up to the SPL is a very hard thing to do. One thing that does give us a boost is that we are in a better financial position than teams like Dundee and Livi when they were relegated.

When we were last in the first division the prices were as follows:

Seated season tickets:Adult ?180

Concessions ?90

Standing season tickets:Adult ?120

Concessions ?36

Seated Tickets:Adult ?11

Concessions ?6

Standing Tickets:Adult ?9

Concessions ?3

If that helps you at all.

nah i'm talking about the established spl clubs currently in the spl (kilmarnock, motherwell, dun utd, aberdeen etc). They have all been relegated sometime in the not too distant past and have bounced back stronger and stayed back.

Aberdeen is a shocking example!

Sorry but you are kidding yourself with that one. You can look that far back all you want but Scottish football has changed since then and in the current climate going straight back up to the SPL is a very hard thing to do. One thing that does give us a boost is that we are in a better financial position than teams like Dundee and Livi when they were relegated.

hey trying to be positive. one thing is we are not in a better financial position than dundee now.

I didn't say anything about finances between us and Dundee now. My point is that when Dundee, Livi and Gretna (you could argue) came down they were in dire financial positions and had to undertake massive cost cutting measures. Gretna eventually imploded (not really a surprise to most of us) but the other two found themselves struggling as a result of these debts. ICT, as far as I am aware, are not in such a position so we have a better platform to build on that the Dundees and Livis that have come down before us.

EDIT: Don't let me knock your positivity incidentally. I tend to be more "glass half empty" anyway.

Edited by RiG

Now this is not a positive as, speaking on behalf of the Aberdeen(shire) ICT supporters, our 'home' games are now 60 miles away, in Dundee and our easy points at Pittodrie will have to wait till next year.

The Bon Accord Golf club expressed their disappointment at our relegation, the super ICT support V the Falkirk support

(a minibus full that carries their own Buckfast) is how they are thought of.

They, the Bon Accord, have curtailed their expenditure for 12 months until we are back again!!

3 if you look at the real established spl clubs, they have all been relegated from the top flight and bounced back better

No they haven't. Look how long it's taken Saint Johnstone to get out of there. Dundee, Dunfermline and Livi have never come back after relegation.

I know you said you are trying to be optimistic but I think you are kidding yourself with that one.

Dundee and Livi both went into administration before coming down and Dunfermline were not far off (paying players by cheque etc) Thats a major factor in why they havent bounced back.

Only really Dundee have recovered financially from those days.

We on the otherhand are only appearing to be releasing the players out of contract who never played and trying to keep the ones who do. We're not in financial mire.

Falkirk would have went up alot earlier than they did if it wasnt for SPL stadium criteria. Aberdeen should have been relegated if it wasnt for that. Sometimes it takes team time to adjust. As long as we know we have a fight on our hands though, and that 3 or 4 other teams will reckon they have a chance to win the league and take our scalp. As long as we realise this early, we can go straight back up.

Guest Caleylass

we did'nt leave the SPL as a diddy team- 37 points says it all.

So we enter the 1st division in a far stronger position.

Cheaper season ticket.

A strong desire to hump the Spl teams in the cup games.

More ICT fans than the last time we were in the 1st div

:024: :rolleyes: