FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrowman

Snaarf

its annoying hearing people abuse Barrowman all the time, the problem was he didnt fit into our system, Brewster played him as a target man and so did Butcher if he played under Butcher. He is a finisher and hopefully in the 1st division we'll stop this long ball crap and give Barrowman and Rooney proper service and chances

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with Barrowman is that we're paying way over the odds for someone who is, at best, a mediocre player.

The worst thing is, he's on a package with us that he's not going to get offered anywhere else so we're lumbered with someone on a wage which could have been used to bring in more useful players and/or a player of similar calibre on less money which would perhaps have allowed us to stretch a bit more on players really worth keeping.

One of Brewster's biggest mistakes was offering him the wages he did. And now we are stuck with him. I can only hop that Butcher will get the best out of him in the 1st division.

When Barrowman was under Brewsters 'control' he was giving a starting place. When he got the starting place, he was the only striker on the pitch wearing a caley top. Brewsters idea of winning a game was to start with defending and in the last 5 minutes of the game, change his formation. Andrew Barrowman is probably going to be a very good player for us in division One football next year, IF we stop playing long balls and there is more than just the one striker.

He would have been good if he had another striker to rely on but he only had defenders and midfielders, which i see, like playing the ball backwards. Barrowman needs Rooney or Wood to start the 1-2's and getting the play moving forward rather than back to Munro everytime we want to go attacking.

Butcher really needs to give him a starting place for next season because i really think he is going to be our best striker for divional football and if only people caould relise that. Its the tacttic more than the player.

In theory if he and Rooney get service next year they could form a fantastic partnersip. Both could be back on track for the higher leagues if they produce the goods.

Thats very true. get it right and they could be playing SPL again the following season clad in red and blue. :P

i can see him being good for us in the 1st div.

Anyone know roughly what he is on wage wise? alot of people talk about it, but ive never known.

I read somewhere he earned in excess of 2k a week.

In theory if he and Rooney get service next year they could form a fantastic partnersip. Both could be back on track for the higher leagues if they produce the goods.

I also agree with this. Barrowboy hasnt been played to his strengths YET. Lets hope, Div 1, sees the back of setting out not to lose the game, and a return to attacking football with two up front!

Anyone know roughly what he is on wage wise? alot of people talk about it, but ive never known.

?1500 per week basic he,s on

I think second division to SPL was too huge a leap for Andy. Hopefully we accommodate him in our playing style in the first division and allow him to adjust easily for our glorious SPL return in a couple of years! BELIEVE.

I also heard he was on 2 grand a week from a reliable source. Incredible isn't it? How on earth was this allowed to happen?

Fair play to AB for holding out for the best package he could get for himself and his family, but what were the club thinking? After all the controversy and bad feeling over Marius Niculae (an international class player) 'breaking the wage structure' and going against the ICT way, and all the quotes from the board about not allowing this to happen again, we go and do it again the very next season with an unproven second division player.

No one knows for sure what kind of wage he is on. Its in between ?1,000 - ?2,000 by what people are saying on this. At the end of the day its the clubs on fault if they are losing more money cause there is no way a player from the 2nd division only getting a few hundread should get that much

I think he's on ?1800 per week but we had to offer him that to fight off offers from bigger clubs, yes it was a big risk and it didn't really work this season but we also took a risk in signing injury-prone Dargo on a similar wage who got more starts before his first goal and Niculae was probably on 3 grand a week, a club has to take risks like this but unfortunately it didn't really pay off, about 30 grand per goal and they were a tap in and a penalty, here hopes he'll get better service next season and not long balls to him

i haven't seen much promise from barrowman to be honest but i think he actually might find his level next season, i think we should just wait and see. he can't get any worse lets put it like that so thing's have to get a little better anyway.

He will be good for us in the first division. I reckon we will have the upper hand in most games due to us having a solid defence so hopefully, this translates into more chances for our forwards. If he is given more starts and people avoid dishing out the kind of abuse that the 'fan' at Falkirk gave him, he could be one of our better players.

How do you think Barrowman would get on playing directly against Tokely? The 1st is full of centre halfs like that, Barrowman is too light weight if you ask me, im just glad its nae us playing him ?1800 a week haha

How do you think Barrowman would get on playing directly against Tokely? The 1st is full of centre halfs like that, Barrowman is too light weight if you ask me, im just glad its nae us playing him ?1800 a week haha

The honest answer is that we've no idea because we haven't seen enough of Barrowman playing in what seems to be his natural role: goal poacher in a team playing pressing football with wide players who can cut crosses back from the bye-line. At the start of last season Brewster did make some attempt to get the team playing passing football, but he negated the effect by playing Cowie and Imrie the wrong way round, and Barrowman didn't get the finger out half the time. Butcher opted for playing long ball on the break - understandably to some extent, given the necessity of defending well - and this doesn't seem to suit Barrowman. I thought he put in a lot more effort in the last few weeks than he had at the start of the season, but he didn't have the pace to get into the box after dropping back to win and lay off the ball.

The problem is, if we lose Morais and don't sign any midfielders or wingers with pace, then I can see Butcher opting for the same tactic again, and Barrowman will probably not be much more effective in the SFL than he was in the SPL. There were glimpses last season that suggested he has a quick football brain in front of goal (e.g. the dummy in the relegation match) and this might get him some joy against Tokely-esque central defenders, but we need to see him given the chance to get into that position.

I'm afraid that someone signing for an SPL club from the second division and then saying Van Nistelrooy couldn't score from the service he was getting, just made me dislike the lazy, ineffective little git even more.

Although I'm sure he's a great guy and loves his mum.