FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

No Football Next Season?

Guest birdog

Guest birdog

Just heard on the morning news that a swine flu pandemic is likely to be announced later today, will this force the cancellation of the football season?

Guest birdog

Just heard on the morning news that a swine flu pandemic is likely to be announced later today, will this force the cancellation of the football season?

No

Care to expand on this statement?

No

because Falkirk and Clyde arent in our Division.

Also when i clicked this thread, i was expecting this to be about collapse in Scottish football due to lack of funds provided bt Setanta (*breath*)

Guest birdog

No

because Falkirk and Clyde arent in our Division.

Also when i clicked this thread, i was expecting this to be about collapse in Scottish football due to lack of funds provided bt Setanta (*breath*)

:rolleyes:

So because the topic never met your expectations you decide to post an uninformed reply with no explanation as to your thoughts?

For your information I am referring to the governments contingency plan that if a bout of influenza reaches pandemic state gatherings of a large amount of people would be canceled eg music concerts and football matches. SEE HERE

EDITED for spelling.

Edited by birdog

Well i must say that my thoughts to this matter is very non decive at the point in time. I feel that the playing off scottish football must continue although their is swine flu going about. Would it be required for fans to wear mouth masks to help prevent swine flu spreading in vast numbers? I dont think that Swine Flu will affect us very much as it is just mild out bursts of sickness and coughing.

I hope my opions can help you in your quest to find the correcct unknown answer for you.

EDIT - Changed my mind, am scared :019:

Edited by caleymad

Guest birdog

Well i must say that my thoughts to this matter is very non decive at the point in time. I feel that the playing off scottish football must continue although their is swine flu going about. Would it be required for fans to wear mouth masks to help prevent swine flu spreading in vast numbers? I dont think that Swine Flu will affect us very much as it is just mild out bursts of sickness and coughing.

I hope my opions can help you in your quest to find the correcct unknown answer for you.

Sorry, my mistake, I read your user name too quickly and mixed up "caleymad" and "caleyrule". Your first post was a little off topic but my response was a little harsh given that I mistook you for someone else.

Masks do nothing to prevent the spread of anything after about 10 seconds of wearing. Unless of course you hold your breath for longer than 10 seconds.

Guest birdog

[unless of course you hold your breath for longer than 10 seconds.

Around 93 minutes usually.

You forgot half time.

[unless of course you hold your breath for longer than 10 seconds.

Around 93 minutes usually.

You forgot half time.

Oops, so I did.

Don't know how I could have forgotten - it's such a guddle trying to find a vein to inject my pie into.

Edited by alimci

Guest birdog

gatherings of a large amount of people would be canceled

Phew, our games can go ahead then.

:019: :P :P :P :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Definite contender for post of the month!

Guest birdog

Birdog sets it up, Yngwie taps it in.

I don't think that even I could claim I meant that pass :004: I'll take the assist though.

gatherings of a large amount of people would be canceled

Phew, our games can go ahead then.

That would be a better signature than my Renegade one :004:

Birdog sets it up, Yngwie taps it in.

Something Foran cant do :rolleyes:

Back on topic, I havent heard much about Swine Flu these past weeks, has it died down abit or is it still causing Havoc in Mexico?

Its likely to be declared a pandemic today by the W.H.O. The criteria for a pandemic is as follows: "a full Phase 6 pandemic implies sustained "community-level outbreaks" in at least two WHO regions, or continents." Given that Mexico, U.S.A., Canada and Chile are the top 4 sufferers of this so far, North America has already "qualified" as the first region. Australia with more than 1000 cases since early May is - in experts eyes - about to be declared the second region and therefore its a pandemic.

PS - Caleymad - they changed its name from swine flu to the "H1N1 virus"

Its all fooking scare tactics. Its a psychological FACT....that we (as humans) consume when we are fearful. And what better time to get us spending, than a recession. So the Governments keep us under a state of fear with stories like this. Take Australia for example...1000 cases in a month, out of 20 million people. I bet theres been many more times the amount of people had a stomach bug in that same period of time!

As Public Enemy once sang....DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!

"27,000 cases and 141 deaths"....from a population of 6 Billion :004:

To put it in perspective....The "Spanish flu", 1918?1919. First identified early in March 1918 in US troops training at Camp Funston, Kansas. By October 1918, it had spread to become a world-wide pandemic on all continents, and eventually infected an estimated one third of the world's population (or ≈500 million persons)"

SCAREMONGERING!

Edited by SMEE