FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Nice Wee Comments

Guest charlesmurdoch

Guest charlesmurdoch

Being at one club for so long, and being a local boy, Fraser built up quite an infection for the Caley Thistle. So it was gut wrenching to be involved in the game that consigned Inverness to their very first relegation in their history.

?It?s a real regret of mine that I left with the team being relegated,? Fraser admitted.

?I?ve was at Inverness for a while so obviously built up a strong bond for the club. Terry and Maurice did exceptionally well when they came in and turned things around because we were struggling before that. But it just wasn?t enough - It was hard to take, being my last game for the club, but hopefully they can come straight back up.?

Frome motherwellfc.co.uk :rolleyes:

suppose im a hibs fan should wish the big man well! still ma fave keeper in the SPHELL

I remember reading in the Sun that Motherwell may go into administration due to the setanta collapse. If this happens, motherwell will seriously need to cut down and sell there good players. I think if this true (not saying the sun isnt a reliable sourse) then i think Graham Smith will leave and make Micheal Fraser the first team Goalkeeper. That maybe why he got the number one jersey as Motherwell may be intrested (then again not) for selling him to make some money to deal with the financies.

Then again i may be speaking shet...

...as per usual

If he hadn't played in those games at the end of the season I firmly believe that we would NOT be playing in the first division next season.

If Esson hadn't let in four against the mighty Falkirk we wouldn't have gone down...

If he hadn't played in those games at the end of the season I firmly believe that we would NOT be playing in the first division next season.

If Esson hadn't let in four against the mighty Falkirk we wouldn't have gone down...

Think it was just two Esson conceeded in that game before he got sent off....

If Fraser hadn't lost the other two we wouldn't have gone down!

FWIW I agree entirely. IIRC, Fraser has only ever had one really good showing between the sticks and that was the 3-2 victory over Celtic. I've never really rated him. Esson is a far better keeper than Fraser is and probably ever will be. Harsh? Yes but fair, IMO.

Guest natasha

Fraser was a good goalkeeper, totally dedicated to what he did.

When looking at how a goalkeeper performs it must be remembered what he has in front of him and in this case not alot, so I think it is unfair and uncalled for to start pointing the finger. Fraser had a bad game against rangers but even then got little help from those in front of him. Brewster used it as an excuse to bring in his own player, I have no real qualms about Esson he has the same problems as Fraser had.

In the passed a solid back four protected the keeper Mann, Dods to name but two.

Fraser is a very promising young keeper... I'll always remember him for an incredible finger tip save in the 3-2 game against Celtic....

Good luck to him at Movversmell but as far as ICT are concerned he's now history.

Does anyone know if Ryan Esson will form part of TB's plans for next season?

What about Fraser shipping 5 at Ibrox?...

All I'm saying is you can't single out individual player failures for us being relegated. Brewster's tenure is more to blame. He took a stable team and de-stabilised it. It was our stability and team spirit that made up for areas with less skill than the bigger teams. That's why we got relegated.

Anyway, I digress. Good luck to Mikey (another one who left due to Brewster's de-stabilising of the team).

When looking at how a goalkeeper performs it must be remembered what he has in front of him and in this case not alot, so I think it is unfair and uncalled for to start pointing the finger. Fraser had a bad game against rangers but even then got little help from those in front of him.

Have to disagree.

A keeper is part of that defense and when the 4 in front mess up then he is called into action to do what a goalkeeper should. Fraser continually f**ked up, the season before last season we conceded goals against St.Mirren and Gretna because he failed to stop tame shots and he showed no improvement this season. You can pick whaetever goals you wish that "if whoever hadn't let in" all you want, we were a better team and had a more confident defense with Esson.

I wish Fraser all the best but he will not be missed.

I hate to keep asking this question but does anyone know if Esson will be first choice keeper when the season starts?

I dont know but whatever happened between him and Butcher must have been fairly serious for him to be left out at such a crucial stage of the season, can only hope that the summer break has eased whatever went on