FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporters Buses

DornochCaley

Guest birdog

As you have edited your post to make sense I have deleted my last post.

I think you will probably find that , as post two explains, this is split thread and as such the context of the first post has been lost. It was a deliberate attempt by a moderator to try to fill my inbox with complaints given that the original post in this thread, without any background does indeed come across as a personal attack.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should get a new supporters bus thats run by someone other than Kath Fraser. Thats just my own opinion.

Would their be enough fans going to an away game to justify 2 supporters buses. i can understand people want to get down early and a few drinks with other fans , so why not do what other fans do coming to Invernes,leave the day before and make a night of it in the away town, as someone said booking trains well in advance is pretty cheap, Premierand Travel Inns are cheap for 2 sharing. That way you can suit yourself and still meet up with your mates. :D

Guest birdog

I think we should get a new supporters bus thats run by someone other than Kath Fraser. Thats just my own opinion.

Would their be enough fans going to an away game to justify 2 supporters buses. i can understand people want to get down early and a few drinks with other fans , so why not do what other fans do coming to Invernes,leave the day before and make a night of it in the away town, as someone said booking trains well in advance is pretty cheap, Premierand Travel Inns are cheap for 2 sharing. That way you can suit yourself and still meet up with your mates. :party01:

Other fans coming to Sneck do it twice a season.

Guest birdog

Since CaleyD has so graciously given me the moderation of this thread I would like to impose the following rule.

No more mentioning of names of people involved in the running of the buses. Whether in a good light or bad

We have established that Kath does an excellent job and is deserving of praise but, given that a wide section of support use the service, it is not suitable for everyone's needs.

It would be good if we could limit talk to how the service could be improved for those who do not find their needs met or the plus points of the service for those, like myself, who may well be interested in using said service in the future.

supporters buses are good but its to long a walk to stadium and they should go from city centre and at 9am,the times they have for going to to away games should change,so fans can go for a meal and a drink before the game

Edited by feb82000

I'm with Chris - if you are not happy with the Supporters Club one then do it yourself, use your initiative and put one on yourself. That way you go go when you want, where you want and do what you want - apart from drink, obviously... May I also add that I would consider it rather juvenile to come on and say you don't want to use the bus that Kath runs (actually, it is the Supp Club that runs it, she is bus convenor) if you are not going to make a reasoned argument nor offer alternative suggestions or constructive advice. The bus doesn't always suit me so I simply don't use it - end of story!

I too have been involved with running buses to games and when you see the responsibility, and to an even greater extent, the financial gamble involved, then you may think again.

If you notice, i did come up with an alternative, another bus. So people have the choice between the two. Also was unreasonable about what i said? I was simply stating another bus would be good.

Reading his first post I would have to totally agree with DC, I think perhaps that it is quizzer who is being juvenile

coming on to a thread just to call people names.

Don't think you'll find anywhere within my post where I called anyone any names, on the contrary actually, I posted as I found the OP's first post came across as a personal attack. I certainly didn't come on here simply to call anyone names, I was joining the discussion and putting forward my point.

It's easy to criticise the way buses are run but I challenge anyone else to put one on every fortnight on a regular basis! For someone to organise a bus personally (without a business/club/organisation behind them) is a lot of work and as I said before, a big financial gamble as I believe a day's bus hire is approx ?500, as well a lot of work and organisation. I can't see any pubs or businesses running them to away games as they simply have nothing to gain.

Actually, DornochJAGGIE, TtotheOtotheM, and myself have orginised a supporters bus from Dornoch to home Games so if a few Secondery school kids can do it it cant be as hard as you are making out.

Since CaleyD has so graciously given me the moderation of this thread I would like to impose the following rule.

No more mentioning of names of people involved in the running of the buses. Whether in a good light or bad

We have established that Kath does an excellent job and is deserving of praise but, given that a wide section of support use the service, it is not suitable for everyone's needs.

It would be good if we could limit talk to how the service could be improved for those who do not find their needs met or the plus points of the service for those, like myself, who may well be interested in using said service in the future.

You broke your rule straight after you made it..... :director01:

I took it up the headmaster at dornoch, he is letting us use the minibus to take to take people to the home games and county away. We should be able to fill it every second week, their is about 7 season ticket holders and the rest will just buy tickets at the games.

we also have to ask ourselves why some of the younger travelling support get the train to games (including some of those closely related to the bus convener)....

Have I got some extended family that I don't know about?

I took it up the headmaster at dornoch

:rolleyes: Never heard it called that before.

I did not Have sexual intercourse with me headmaster! Just a spelling error :015:

:lol::lol::lol: Your getting a slating in school tomorrow :lol::lol::lol:

Well.... We all want to know....

Did you get a slating at school?

OR did the rectum (sorry) Rector sort you out? :015: