FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kyle Allison

collectiveaction

This is hopefully the beginning of the end for this rubbish which only appeared to start when we hit the SPL. The levels of abuse that some of our own players/managers have had from so called fans has been ridiculous and been dismissed for too long by far too many people as "childish banter". It is not and needs to be policied by us as fans and the authorities. Looks like there are now a number of folk ready to stand up and be counted.

If we expect parents to take their kids to games and help build a new set of supporters it is up to us to give them an environment that encourages not breeds hatred, homophobia, racism or bigotry. Who cares what happens at other clubs, surely we are capable of delivering better?

The authorities? This is getting very dramatic now, protecting kids from hatred, homophobia, racism and bigotry? Theres an awful lot worse places they could be taking their kids than ICT matches, these same kids you want to see come to games will hear a hell of alot worse in school, if the atmosphere at ICT matches was really that hate filled then nobody would go.

I think it went too far yesterday by our standards. If it was genuinely abusive or aggressive then the police standing at the front of the stand wouldve stopped it, coming on here and encouraging them to step in against all abuse of ICT players/managers is ridiculous, as thats what theyll do, many innocent fans will get caught up in it.

Everybody there paid the same money to get in, some chose to abuse one of our players and some chose not too, personally I dont consider what anybody else in the ICT section does on a matchday to be any of my business.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WynessLegend

There is another angle to this, you will always get an element who have been dragged up with no respect, no morals etc, I will give you one example that I witnessed a few weeks ago, a mother using four letter words at her child in the superstore.

When this kid grows up, do you think he/she will think twice about using abuse at their own child, or a player from their chosen team!!

Unfortunetly thats life today, all you can do is point the error of their ways out to these people, as has been done, and hope that they learn from their mistakes.

My children sometimes go on this forum ............ so, in future, please take more care with your spelling and punctuation. I don't want them growing up fecking stupid.

This is hopefully the beginning of the end for this rubbish which only appeared to start when we hit the SPL. The levels of abuse that some of our own players/managers have had from so called fans has been ridiculous and been dismissed for too long by far too many people as "childish banter". It is not and needs to be policied by us as fans and the authorities. Looks like there are now a number of folk ready to stand up and be counted.

If we expect parents to take their kids to games and help build a new set of supporters it is up to us to give them an environment that encourages not breeds hatred, homophobia, racism or bigotry. Who cares what happens at other clubs, surely we are capable of delivering better?

The authorities? This is getting very dramatic now, protecting kids from hatred, homophobia, racism and bigotry? Theres an awful lot worse places they could be taking their kids than ICT matches, these same kids you want to see come to games will hear a hell of alot worse in school, if the atmosphere at ICT matches was really that hate filled then nobody would go.

I think it went too far yesterday by our standards. If it was genuinely abusive or aggressive then the police standing at the front of the stand wouldve stopped it, coming on here and encouraging them to step in against all abuse of ICT players/managers is ridiculous, as thats what theyll do, many innocent fans will get caught up in it.

Everybody there paid the same money to get in, some chose to abuse one of our players and some chose not too, personally I dont consider what anybody else in the ICT section does on a matchday to be any of my business.

Agree with all of that... a few of them went a bit overboard yesterday but on the other hand that group generated the atmosphere throughout and made it a belter of a day

I think Sorted is using this for his/her own agenda

I have merged these topics as original post deviated onto Kyle Allisson abuse.

Please use the matchday thread to discuss the contents of the game, and this thread for the abusive content.

Sorry, but I fail to see how anyone in their right mind can condone this sort of behaviour, or does anarchy still rule in Inverness.

Pathetic.

Thats taking it a bit to far. Yes I agree that their is no need to be giving abuse to Kyle Alison. He is a Caley player and a promising one at that and should be given all the support he needs

But I dont agree with what you say. When we sing songs that are offensive to other teams eg County or other players that are not a part of our team is just a bit of banter. It comes with football.

The players should be expecting it and if they are not they really are stupid. Opposing players will always get abuse and I dont think there is anything wrong with that. Unless obviously it is racist chanting

I dont agree with giving the abuse to our own players that is not on

And people still can take their kids to their games. I was sitting behind a dad who took his little girl to the game must of been 4 or 5 years old and they were 1 row in front of all the people that were singing and there was a lot of abuse going about but it looked like they were having a great time and were not going to be put off by the swearing as lets be honest they are going to learn the words at some point

I struggled to comprehend what it was about. The extremely foul mouthed attack was aimed at Allison and not bayne. Guys that was pretty pathetic. Overuse of the c swear is out of order in my book. It's not clever, it's not smart and it's not for ICT if you don't mind. To call one of our own playes A f'in c'in Dingwall gypsy b'rd is not acceptable. Grow up or stay at home.

Stay at home, If they stayed at home the atmosphere would have been better at a Primary School match (or a home Caley match)

If you just tell them that it is out of order they will stop and we can get the brilliant atmoshpere at every away game this year

i dont care who Allison supports, he plays for ICT so should get our support- Simple as that.

maybe you thugs should have a go at Imrie because he's a Gers fan...oh! pity you didnt get a chance to hurl your neaderthal musings at Ian Black being a Jambo

your a bloody disgrace to this club

Edited by BornCaley

i dont care who Allison supports, he plays for ICT so should get our support- Simple as that.

maybe you thugs should have a go at Imrie because he's a Gers fan...oh! pity you didnt get a chance to hurl your neaderthal musings at Ian Black being a Jambo

wooah there nelly.. read the thread it's not just about who he supports

Lol. Not really what the chanting was about. As Harry says, give the whole thread a read.

I believe Kyle Allison was on holiday and saw an ICT fan with his ICT top on and squared up to him as Allison is a County fan. Said fan was at the game yesterday, hence the chants.

Thats spot on, Allison saw the boy with an ICT top on in Zante, and started giving him abuse for being an ICT fan.

And has since been trying to find out the boy's name back in Inverness so he can have a fight with him.

Deserves to get the chip knocked off his shoulder IMO.

Edited by DingwallAway

I might have started this, in the matchday thread. What I said was, no matter what, you don't abuse (in whatever terms) your own players during a match. It had nothing to do with language, authoritarianism, moral outrage or anything else (please, get your own bandwagon, mine is full). I shall be at the County game shouting and probably swearing with the best of them. I shall poke merciless fun at our northern cousins.

I just won't do it to our team of Highlanders, Englishmen, Central Belters, Irish, Frenchmen and the rest.

I spoke to a couple of people after the game who had (initially) joined in with the chants being discussed because they thought they were being aimed at Bayne. They were then mortified to discover that they were aimed at Allison, as were many around them, and that's when the chants eventually tailed off.

The guys in the group that were starting the bulk of songs/chants are a powerful section within our support and for the most part I don't think you'll find anyone who'll knock the for their effort. OK, you might find the odd person who doesn't like to hear sweary words, but that's life and I'm a great advocate for educate kids instead of trying to hide them away from these things and those who say they'll hear much worse in the playground are spot on. With that "power" also comes a bit of responsibility.

However, you do have to apply a bit of context on both sides of the argument. Most people aren't expecting to go to a football match and not hear a few expletives....it comes with the territory, but it should also come with the territory that any "abuse" being dished out by a support is aimed at the opposition and not at our own players.

The only reasoning I can find in the attempted justification is that Allison allegedly upset a single person who happened to be wearing an ICT top. If what's been said did happen I find it very hard to believe it was a totally unprovoked act/incident and it's a fair bet those partaking in the abuse yesterday are far from being aware of the full story.

I've witnessed a few of our players over the years get abuse in the street for no other reason than a particular "fan" didn't like them. Players are expected to turn the other cheek or simply ignore it because "they are professionals and should know better". Bollocks to that....it's those shouting the abuse in the first place who should know better. Could you imagine the uproar if one of our players who'd got a bit of stick from a fan stood at the side of the pitch pointing at them, shouting their name and giving them abuse because they'd given him hassle in the street? Would those defending yesterdays chants be so quick to defend the player with the same arguments they are using to defend the fans?....I don't think so.

The atmosphere, craic and banter yesterday was fantastic without the added abuse of Allison. It's not needed, it's not justified, it's not wanted and it only serves to weaken us as a support IMO.

Those involved in starting the chants only let themselves, and the rest of the fans down....it served no other purpose.

Rock solid at the back today, no worries there at all, against worse teams we wouldve scored alot earlier today.

As for the Kyle Alison abuse, its fair enough in my book, the fans can do no wrong, its upto the player to show where their allegiances lie. If hes a self proclaimed Ross County fan then he should accept the abuse thatd be served up to him anywhere in Scotland, where a player claimed to support their wage payers rivals.

Fantastic post of the quality I've now come to expect from many within CTO.

There are numerous examples of players all over the world whio end up playing for their boyhood heroes arch rivals without difficulty. Fortunately for them, this took place in parts of the world that have received the benefit of books and other forms of educational material. All this lack of opportunity and small man syndrome?!!!!!

I despair!!!

Whats more worrying is that it's a moderator who is taking this standpoint !

Whats more worrying is that it's a moderator who is taking this standpoint !

Moderators are entitaled to an opinion aswell..

Deserved a bit of abuse after all it was him that started it off. But after what I've heard from the Pars game, should stop from now. The point has been made.

Agree with most of CD's points, bar the fact it must of been provoked for Allison to start it off. It wasn't, the boy wearing an ICT top didn't even know it was Allison that started on him at first.

Agree with all of that... a few of them went a bit overboard yesterday but on the other hand that group generated the atmosphere throughout and made it a belter of a day

I think Sorted is using this for his/her own agenda

Harry

I have no agenda other than wanting to take my kids to football matches without having to listen to drones and drones of abusive chants aimed at people they may know and/or admire. Also tired of having to justify to my six year old son why I don't do something about it!! I am encouraged that this behaviour is now being challenged on a more regular basis and will continue to harp on about it until it stops. Just because all your body hair isn't fully in place doesn't give you the right to behave like that and it needs challenged!!

In the past I've had to explain to my boy what several unacceptable terms mean whether aimed a Asian or Black players at TCS. I am amazed at how often these remarks were laughed at by others and will not allow my kids to grow up thinking that they are acceptable at football or anywhere else in life.

If that means I have an agenda so be it. I hope many others do to!

Cheeers

Sorted

I had thought about going yesterday would have probably taken my 8 year old daughter. Unfortunately I didn't have the money.

Glad we didn't go now, I agree completely with Sorted on this.

It dosen't matter who started it, two wrongs don't make a right. If this young lad was threatened, there are proper channels of action he could have taken..

Edited by kiltarlity

The football's the one place many people go to channel frustrations and let out their feelings, where it wouldn't be accepted in other places.

Don't think kids should be exposed to as much of the expletives as they hear at the footy, but they're gonna hear it sometime whether you like it or not.

The football's the one place many people go to channel frustrations and let out their feelings, where it wouldn't be accepted in other places.

Don't think kids should be exposed to as much of the expletives as they hear at the footy, but they're gonna hear it sometime whether you like it or not.

A gym, a boxing club or perhaps anger managment classes would be my suggestion!!

Harry

I have no agenda other than wanting to take my kids to football matches without having to listen to drones and drones of abusive chants aimed at people they may know and/or admire. Also tired of having to justify to my six year old son why I don't do something about it!! I am encouraged that this behaviour is now being challenged on a more regular basis and will continue to harp on about it until it stops. Just because all your body hair isn't fully in place doesn't give you the right to behave like that and it needs challenged!!

In the past I've had to explain to my boy what several unacceptable terms mean whether aimed a Asian or Black players at TCS. I am amazed at how often these remarks were laughed at by others and will not allow my kids to grow up thinking that they are acceptable at football or anywhere else in life.

If that means I have an agenda so be it. I hope many others do to!

Cheeers

Sorted

I had thought about going yesterday would have probably taken my 8 year old daughter. Unfortunately I didn't have the money.

It dosen't matter who started it, two wrongs don't make a right. If this young lad was threatened, there are proper channels of action he could have taken..

I can understand that you both are looking out for your childrens well-being but you're at a football match and if you don't want them to hear abusive language then don't take them to a football match. No place for racism in football but that isn't even close to what we are talking about on this thread so start another one if you think there is really an issue at TCS or among our fans... for me it's not, I've not heard any offensive racial slur in our support.

A few fans have gone overboard after an incident which happened with an ICT player... lets not make this into somethig it isn't

Edited by Harry Chibber

No place for racism in football but that isn't even close to what we are talking about on this thread so start another one if you think there is really an issue at TCS or among our fans... for me it's not, I've don't ever heard any offensive racial slur in our support.

A few fans have gone overboard after an incident which happened with an ICT player... lets not make this into somethig it isn't

Totally agreee with Harry on this one, this should be the end of it I would think. If it continues though, then would agree something should be done to stop it.

As for racism :finger03: No mention of any racism in this thread, nor have I ever heard it at a Caley game. If that was the case then wouldn't Lionel and Eric be the first targets?

Edited by DingwallAway

This is not just aimed at you but everyone else who is making a big deal out of abuse and swearing at a football match.

I know that what was being sung at Allison should never have happened it was shocking but if it had not been sung nobody would be making a big deal about the abusive songs being sung. We were singing in you Dunfermline Slums at the game yesterday which is a offensive song which I was singing along to and nobody cares about that. When we play Ross County we will be calling them Gypsie ******** as well and nobody will make a complaint about it.

So is it going to be ok to take your kids to those games and pretty much every away game that will be played this season or is it just because it was one of our own players. If it is just down to being one of our own nobody can make an arguement about singing abusive songs with swearing in it. That has nothing to do with it. It is the fact that it was aimed at our own players