FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Open All Mics

Mrs Pauliebee

Chuffed we still get covered in Open All Mics - banter was superb! Sounded a corker of a game!

Roll on Saturday!

Did start listening to MFR, but they were about 20 mins behind in the Cricket, reporting the

score as live, so we thought better of it!

Mrs PB

Chuffed we still get covered in Open All Mics -

Mrs PB... as I said before the season started if a team is near the top of the First Division or playing another team near the top, there will be a fair to good chance of coverage on Open All Mics as part of the programme's live coverage of the whole of Scottish League football. The format is that all 3pm KO SPL games are covered along with perhaps two or three from the lower leagues which for most of the season tends to be the prime First Division fixtures.

I also unserstand that there is an Open All Mics "twittering" service or whatever it's called which is another good option. It's interesting here how an activity which seems to have originated as a means for the self obsessed to give the world an unsolicited running commentary on their boring lives can actually be put to some positive use here.

yeah, in the absences of tweets directly from the ground yesterday, our twitter service was relying on the Dundee text commentary and the open all mics comments of a certain mr Jim Spence.

jim spence was talking absolute crap with his post-match analysis, he was saying that it was ony because of two defensive mistakes that dundee lost points. pathetic, why on earth is there a self-proclaimed dundee fan offering just plain lies, even the papers clearly did not have a man at the game, they just went with what that muppet said.

I thought that Jim Spence was fairly good with his comments during the game - they did seem to go to the ground quite a few times so that was a plus....

Hopefully more of the same for the County game and JR and his confectionery habit :D

PS - the Dundee web-site text update service was pretty good and quick - did drop off a little second half with the change of controllers but can't complain

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

jim spence was talking absolute crap with his post-match analysis, he was saying that it was ony because of two defensive mistakes that dundee lost points. pathetic, why on earth is there a self-proclaimed dundee fan offering just plain lies, even the papers clearly did not have a man at the game, they just went with what that muppet said.

mr spence would be horrified to hear that he's a dundee fan!!

despite his son playing for them jim's an arab!!

heillandee and davie will vouch for that!

Yup. I can confirm that as well. Spencie has Arab leanings but has encyclopaedic knowledge of the game as whole in the City of Discovery.

And as for the papers not having "a man at the game" that is really such complete nonsense that it barely warrants a response. Even Highland League games have reporters filing material for newspapers. First Division games typically have around six print journalists present. And apart from what was in the Sundays, please, when you turn to the local press, also be aware that Garaham Linton, Stephen Kasiewicz and Paul Chalk were there on behalf of the Courier, PandJ and HN so please don't try to attribute what you read there to Jim Spence as well!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

right fair enough, in a bit of a huff when i wrote that.

although i never said a word against the locals, they go to lengths to get accurate information, but it does get annoying when the NOTW, the Mail or the Express all or a variation of 2 out of the 3 have exactly the same story, obviously written by the same man.

the NOTW, the Mail or the Express all or a variation of 2 out of the 3 have exactly the same story, obviously written by the same man.

What happens is that a variety of papers commission the local freelance or sports agency to give them a specified number of words which they may then tweak in a tabloid or a broadsheet direction but essentially it's the same story. In other words, broadsheets tend to prefer a long, pretentious and apparently unrelated introductory sentence while tabloids use an abbreviated form of everybody's name, ending, where possible, in "o".

Yup. I can confirm that as well. Spencie has Arab leanings but has encyclopaedic knowledge of the game as whole in the City of Discovery.

And as for the papers not having "a man at the game" that is really such complete nonsense that it barely warrants a response. Even Highland League games have reporters filing material for newspapers. First Division games typically have around six print journalists present. And apart from what was in the Sundays, please, when you turn to the local press, also be aware that Garaham Linton, Stephen Kasiewicz and Paul Chalk were there on behalf of the Courier, PandJ and HN so please don't try to attribute what you read there to Jim Spence as well!

Yep. as one of the named guilty, he's an arab. He once (in the old shed at tannadice) allegedly and inadvertantly punched me in the back of the head in an overrumbustious 1980's celebration against some belgians.

I think Robbo and Chic should have a wrestling match at the next ICT -V- St Mirren game (maybe we will get them in the cup) ..... they should be dressed up in Sumo costumes in the centre circle and the winner gets a year's supply of Barry's mum's baking :lol:

[off topic for a second]

but seriously ..... not sure what the craic is with the person that "can't stand" Robbo, each to their own and all that, but if you are an ICT fan, you should at least respect the man for what he did as ICT boss. I would still put Pele ahead of Robbo in terms of achievement based on his length of reign and the results he got (sorry John), but if you go by the numbers, Robbo was more succesful. Perhaps it was the "crime" of leaving us to go to Hearts? Sorry, I cant be angry at him for that given his playing history and given the fact that he has spoken honestly on here in the past saying - with hindsight - that it may not have been the right move !!

[back on topic]

I know open all mics isnt everyone's cup of tea, its sometimes chaotic and appears shambolic with everyone shouting in when something happens, but trust me you get used to it and it is the single fastest update service available, faster even than twitter from the ground for goals or major incidents !!! All you lot who are in the UK were spoiled for choice until we were relegated but now you are facing up to the type of coverage available to ex-pats the world over for the last few seasons !!!

Prior to the introduction of open all mics, if your game wasnt being covered you got nothing, absolutely nothing and thats what you would be getting now if it wasnt for OAM. The thing I like about OAM is the different personalities involved. You can be sure of a war of words (or wits) between Robbo and Chic (not really fair when Chic only has his "wit level" set at ? though) and you can hear the passion these pundits have for the game or for certain teams ..... Going back to Chic, its really funny when he is reporting from a certain stadium that isnt St Mirren Park and he still gets all excited but tries - and fails - to tone it down a notch ;) . It is also a big plus for me that we have Robbo on there who always talks up ICT and the Highlands in general when one of the central belters starts going there with the A9 stories or the typical backward highlander p*sh !

It is also a big plus for me that we have Robbo on there who always talks up ICT and the Highlands in general when one of the central belters starts going there with the A9 stories or the typical backward highlander p*sh !

Murdo MacLeod is another who always sticks up for Inverness, possibly owing to his Highland roots. It's a shame there aren't more northern voices on radio scotland. I always thought Charlie Christie would make a good pundit.