FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Your Call

RiG

Apparently an ICT fan rang in to complain about the St. Mirren fans jumping over the wall when they scored!  :015:

Some Mirren fan phoned back saying that Dargo dived to win a penalty in the first half. Did notice int he second he had his legs taken from under him but he struggled on to try and win the ball back. Had he gone down I think we would have had a penalty  :007:

The one RiG mentioned in the 2nd half was well inside the box, I actually thought the Ref was going to give it as when I looked up from the incident he was looking straight at it.  Agree that if Dargo had gone down then I think the ref would have had no hesitation in pointing to the spot, but he seemed to bottle it as he managed to stay on his feet.

I didn't feel too agreaved at not getting a penalty as Dargo had lost the ball by then and the incident was "off the ball", but I have seen penalties given for far less.

Not blaming the ref for our defeat, but when you consider he gave 17 fouls against us and only 8 for, it doesn't reflect that fact that St Mirren were the more physical team on the park yesterday.  I don't think many of us would have expected much else from Freeland.

Surprisingly Jim Traynor was bearable for a change.You could almost like the fella.

Apart from the fact that he is often quite peremptory and semi-scathing (with a smile) with his female assistant. Doesn't like her getting too much airtime ---"it's my show  you know so...wheest will you".

She can cope but whether she will be on the air with Jim for long remains to be seen--has stuff going for her and a finger in other pies.

I only tune in for information, anyway ....... :004:

Johnboy: :002: Aye..or in her EYE fer heaven's sake. :016:

That's a naughty comment for a  old boy--after all you must be old or you would not be afraid to show your age in your profile, huh? :003:

As for Annie--l ike her spirit--she puts up with quite a lot from him-- Jim has a tendency to interrupt her too often ; I mean she is only chattering on in terms of her mandate..eh?--must be getting a good pay..to stay..the day.

Johnboy: :002: Aye..or in her EYE fer heaven's sake. :016:

That's a naughty comment for a  old boy--after all you must be old or you would not be afraid to show your age in your profile, huh? :003:

Suspect this thread might get moved away from here, shortly..... :004:

I'm not quite as old as you, SP....  Maybe you've been in Canada for so long you've forgotten about Scotch Pies.... These were the ones with a little hole on top. Sometimes, if you were lucky enough to find a good one, at the right temperature, juices could often be seen bubbling from the little hole... Exerting gentle pressure with a finger around the hole, very often increased the flow of juices. I used to love to get my tongue on to the hole.... The taste could be quite spicy at times.... A lot depended on where you had picked up your pie.....

I knew a girl once, Mary... she worked in a chippy in Dunfermline... her Scotch pie was something to die for....  :005: :005:

To be continued....

But Johnboy--I distinctly remember you saying "on her pie" not IN her pie.... :015:

I suppose that means you whole hand(s) is covering the said item--going for broke, like? :002:

Anyway what have I started here--I am almost afraid to comment now in case this thread get's moved before I have a chance to see your reply...Ha!?

And Johnboy I am much older than you --but can still appreciate a good laugh when I see one. Obviously you also have a fan in the FW , maybe even a woman after your own heart so to speak.

Now I await ...........your call. :003: