Scotland team for Holland

Caley Stan

I'd go 4-5-1:

-----------------GORDON------------------------

HUTTON----WEIR---CALDWELL---WHITTAKER

-------------HARTLEY---FLETCHER--------------

MALONEY----------BROWN----------FLETCHER

---------------------MILLLER----------------------

I'm sure Burley will be tempted to find a place for McManus or Alexander but i hope he doesn't - this the best 11 left in the squad and it falls into a very solid formation.

Prediction: 4-1 Scotland

My contact has just informed me that this is the team for tomorrow...

Gordon

Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker

Naismith Brown Hartley Fletcher Maloney

Miller

Aye, that team seems to be doing the rounds tonight. Just like Burley to throw in a wee surprise. Can't complain though, with that line-up and the news that the Dutch will field their 3rd choice keeper, i'd like to revise my prediction:

5-1 to Scotland. As Ronnie Browne says so well - C'MON!

As I mentioned in the Macedonia thread. I would have the same back 5 that played 75 minutes on Saturday. I would bring Caldwell in as a holding midfielder and have Brown, Maloney and Darren Fletcher in front of him with Miller and Steven Fletcher up front as there is a chance to change the formation about, moving S. Fletcher to left midfield to go 4-1-4-1 if required.

As I mentioned in the Macedonia thread. I would have the same back 5 that played 75 minutes on Saturday. I would bring Caldwell in as a holding midfielder and have Brown, Maloney and Darren Fletcher in front of him with Miller and Steven Fletcher up front as there is a chance to change the formation about, moving S. Fletcher to left midfield to go 4-1-4-1 if required.

A couple of people have suggested they would have Caldwell as a holding midfielder.... Why would you bring in a defender to do that when you've got Hartley who plays that position naturally?

Caldwell's played that position with Scotland before, during the Smith then McLeish era.

Wouldn't see any harm than giving him a go there, as I think we've got better defender's than him. Yet we could still use someone like him to be attacking free kicks etc. That's what got us the 3 points against France first time around, oui?

Caldwell's played that position with Scotland before, during the Smith then McLeish era.

Wouldn't see any harm than giving him a go there, as I think we've got better defender's than him. Yet we could still use someone like him to be attacking free kicks etc. That's what got us the 3 points against France first time around, oui?

Has anyone watched Caldwell play recently?? He has been mince so far this season and to be honest anytime I've ever seen him play the holding role we've lost or Celtic have lost. He's a ball playing centre half, at best, and even then his passing has been dire so far this season.

He merited his place as a centre half for Scotland last season but he is a complete liability at the moment. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad in such an important match

From the scotland squad which has been doing the rounds I'm interested to see how Naismith would get on. Could be a master stroke or a big mistake.... interesting that Commons isn't getting near the team, good call IMO, he was the worst played on the park against Norway

Think its a bit of a long shot to expect much from Naismith. Why Fletcher is not starting is confusing unless his cold he's meant to have picked up has ruled him out.

I cant see Maloney doing much other than winning throw ins of dutch defenders legs.

Burley always likes to throw a suprise in. Maybe one day he will have a tactical masterstroke but it aint really worked so far. Sometimes I think he does it to feed his own ego.

Glad to see Whittaker over McAllister. No idea how Davidson got in ahead of him. That guy wasnt good enough 7 years ago and cetainly isnt any better now.

Good to see a natural midfielder in Hartley in there instead of Graham "stopgap" Alexander. I refer to him as stop gap as he just seems to be there to fill missing gaps. Never actually does anything.

Perhaps Darren Fletcher might not go missing for once after kick off as he has become accustomed to.

We need him to show up, the rest to be at the top of their game and Naismith to be the tactical masterstroke we all hope he will be to even remotely think of getting a result.

Glad to see Gordon; Weir, Caldwell, Hutton, Brown and Miller starting. They pick themselves. D. Fletcher would too on ability but he needs to perform.

Id much rather have a fit Chris Burke in there than Naismith but that is rare to say the least (and he isnt in the Squad)

Im gonna sit on the fence and say 1-1

Glad to see Gordon; Weir, Caldwell, Hutton, Brown and Miller starting. They pick themselves. D. Fletcher would too on ability but he needs to perform.

Id much rather have a fit Chris Burke in there than Naismith but that is rare to say the least (and he isnt in the Squad)

Im gonna sit on the fence and say 1-1

Are you replying to yourself? B)

Caldwell isn't starting

My prediction

Scotland 0 - 3 Holland

Thats my prediction. on @ 20/1

Also Kuyt as first scorer and 3-0 @ 105/1

Holland evens to win. Should be money for nothing.

At least if we get gubbed, I might make some money at it. And if we win, we might get to play-off, win-win.

Just hope its not a draw.