FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

How to help the team!

latviaman

As an Expat I cannot enter the Euro Lottery, So?? why not get all the moaners to start a Euro syndicate, then if they win they can buy./ own the club and then take the flack

On the other side why not get true fans to do the same??? and before we get the usual negatives, it could work!!!

I'd help your idea along by saying if I won the Euro millions and the club wouldnt have me, Id simply buy Clach and then the "true inverness fans could come watch my team" :rolleyes:

Edited by Georgeios

Slight flaw lads in that the odds are millions to 1 against you winning, in fact there is probably as much chance of a major shareholder suddenly finding he loves football and that the club should not be used for self gain, in fact maybe not, there is more chance with the lottery.

haha, I Just love all this True Fan, negatives and moaners stuff, thats the love of the game the highs and lows!! even the old firm moan and lets face it thay are at least in the top 3 teams in Scotland... thats just the game dude.

theman4thejob will love this thread... :rolleyes:

Since i'm bored trying to organise my connections back to the isle of skye I will distract myself on this one.

A fans buyout may yet be in the pipeline, only after its been rundown into div 2 mind, and Marius has got 3p in the pound after the administrators have been and gone :lol: .

All clubs are facing the wall, mind, so this is not a directed post. But speaking in the clouds I would have this

Alan Savage and David Stewart as Chairman (rotating), with Robbie the Pict as vice-Chairman, Caley D, Guzz, IHE, and Maimie as directors, Pele as manager, Charlie asst., Barry Wilson, and Iain Stewart as coaches, and SMEE as Gaelic-relations officer.

A fans buyout may yet be in the pipeline, only after its been rundown into div 2 mind, and Marius has got 3p in the pound after the administrators have been and gone :P .

How are Ebbsfleet doing anyway with their fans buyout?

I also thought there was a team in Scotland already who had a fans buyout??

A fans buyout may yet be in the pipeline, only after its been rundown into div 2 mind, and Marius has got 3p in the pound after the administrators have been and gone :P .

How are Ebbsfleet doing anyway with their fans buyout?

I also thought there was a team in Scotland already who had a fans buyout??

Stirling Albion's owner is far far worse than DS, infact, DS is a saint compared to SA's. They couldn't do it because he wanted more cash in his greedy hands.

Scotty is chief scout for Canada, Latviaman, Gabby, Me, Scarlet Pimple, Stevico, are all similarly busy, as with others abroad that I am missing out.

A fans buyout will be the future of many a club

I would say a fans buyout would be extremely difficult to achieve. David Sutherland is not going to give up his interest for nothing, nor are the other shareholders, so the first five million or so raised would not go to the club but would instead go into the pockets of the shareholders. Another five million on top of that to see the club through the first couple of seasons and to ensure a steady footing for the future. Around 3000 fans would need to find about ?3.5k each for a successful buyout.

I would say a fans buyout would be extremely difficult to achieve. David Sutherland is not going to give up his interest for nothing, nor are the other shareholders, so the first five million or so raised would not go to the club but would instead go into the pockets of the shareholders. Another five million on top of that to see the club through the first couple of seasons and to ensure a steady footing for the future. Around 3000 fans would need to find about ?3.5k each for a successful buyout.

Yes, I agree. I would imagine it would not be on those terms, if it all but rather if the landscape was considerably different than the staus quo. As I say, it is pie in the sky stuff. But if we build it, they will come.

Georgeios...you are the ICT Head of Lossiemouth Development and Recruitment, a post you have been in for some time now, no?

I'm in.

On a more serious note though, If you've haven't done so, you can play the centenary club lottery - I'm pretty sure I'm only 6.50 a month direct debit. And if you've got kids (or for yourself), how about opening a Caley Thistle saver account with the Scottish Building Society. I've still got one and the staff in there are brilliant.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

There are ways of making existing shares worth virtually nothing. Paisley Gilmore did it to the OLD GUARD at Saints. :rolleyes: Don't know if it would be possible at Caley tho.