FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Dundee : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Douglas was done for "marking" his six yard line. If you scrape it in line with your post, you know when it's going wide or not. Every keeper does it, they just ain't all dense enough to get caught. Ungentlemanly conduct, so a yellow.

We had enough in that game (and the last 2 against them) to win nae bother. griffiths just sold Lionel for the pen, but he can do that to most defenders so no complaints. I thought it was nearly there today. Cest la vie.

Really enjoyed todays game, bit of a reversal of the cup final with us dominating the first half and I still felt comfortable till a nightmare mistake gave you's the momentum ,was glad to get out with a point at the final whistle, although Leigh Griffiths would have nicked it on another day near the end.Good luck on the 2nd, reckon i might come along to support ICT, hangover permitting.

Was as well placed as anyone in the stadium to see it and it was NOT a penalty. Should have been a free kick to Dundee a few inches outside the area.

Odhiambo's corner perhaps the worst of the decade but hugely funny.

A very enjoyable game, however, that either team could have won.

douglas walked out from each post and marked on his six yard line where the post was so he knew where his goals were when shots/crosses were etc.

anyone know what happened at final whistle. someone was down the front saying something to griffiths and he didnt take it too kindly and douglas was having the hold him back whilst telling the guy to shut up and go away?

good performance today i though, just need to take chances. penalty couldnt tell if in/out box but had he hit the ball out of play though? though sanchez/duff/rooney/cox all did well. hope we can keep duff for longer

Best day at TCS for a wee while but I seem to be saying that more often these days, so someone must be doing something right. We were worthy of the win, no doubt about it.

The one-two quick passing is a joy to behold and works well till the back line when everyone starts going sideways across the front instead of shooting. Rooney took his goal so well, he is going to be missed when he goes i January. As are some of the top lads, just when this team is beginning to gel.

Lionel suckered for the penalty. The striker was going nowhere, and if LDZ had waited .45 of a second he could have clobbered him outside the box. The clown made the most of it witha double axel and 3/4 twist. Very Barry Robson.

Genrally the Dundee players like to churn it up, how many stoppages for their excruciating, but brief injuries? They were at the same thing in Perth. They must be very scared of us.

All players played well, but special award (good) goes to Rooney for his workrate and one-twos, and special award (bad) goes to Foran for his inability to trap a ball without moving it three yards. Watch Hayes do the same thing, just like Robson, maybe it is a winger thing.

Most enjoyable, County will get torn a new one if we play like that, though it may be a possibility we may not.

In the first half you could see why Dundee were dominating the league. The controlled the game and deserved to be in front. I never saw the penalty but I have been told that is was a silly tackle to make and a stone wall peno. As for the second half I thought we pretty very well and I came away from the game dissapointed that we never took all 3 points. It was brilliant from Rooney to get on the end of a sloppy pass back from Kerr and a great finish.

I wish Foran had put his foot through the ball from the indirect free kick and tried to keep it on the ground rather than trying to chip it in. I felt we wasted the chance (even if we hit the bar). Sanchez also had a brilliant chance which I thought he should have scored as well. I was already celebrating and was gutted to see the ball go wide.

Duff was excellant today as well. He had some dodgy moments but for the most part his passing was very good and had a lot of one two's with players. However I did feel that we were trying to over complicate things when we were close to the Dundee Box.

I dont think Dundee can have any complaints about the sending off either. The lad (Harkins I think?) was stupid to throw the ball away and then made a rash tackle for his second yellow.

Normally I would have been happy with a point but that effectively ends our hope of promotion (if you didnt already think it was gone). There is plenty to build on off the back of this performance so I just hope we can put a run together and get as close to Dundee as possible by the end of the season

frustrating in as much as i dont think dundee are anything special at all and feel we deserved the 3 points but didnt have the luck.

i'd give proctor the MOM award today, great show , Rooney was class again too but good show from everyone really.

griffiths won the penalty more than lional giving it away, clever play, and it was definately about a foot inside the box, so cant really complain.

didnt see douglas marking his lines but it wasnt a pass back that resulted in the free kick so maybe that was it.

Heres my two cents. The good points - Rooney's goal was a peach, our second half performance in general was excellent. I was pleased that so many braved the terrible weather for the game. Thought in general the team were solid today.

Bad points were Imrie, if he goes in January I won't bat an eyelid, Lional giving away a stupid penalty ruined an otherwise competant performance, like Imrie he can go in January. The queue for the pies and my pie falling apart was annoying also. The worst part of the day as whoever was in charge of the music played a COVER of Fairytale of New York. Thats blasphemy in my view. Like spitting on Kirsty Macolls grave and stealing the rest of Shane Macgowen's teeth.

In all an enjoyable game. If we keep playing well theres no reason we can't finish higher in the league than we are currently.

The worst part of the day as whoever was in charge of the music played a COVER of Fairytale of New York. Thats blasphemy in my view. Like spitting on Kirsty Macolls grave and stealing the rest of Shane Macgowen's teeth.

I'd have them taken out and shot....it's just one thing after another with this bloody club, when will they ever learn? After all, we only had 3660 people there today, you think they'd be able to please everyone!!!

The worst part of the day as whoever was in charge of the music played a COVER of Fairytale of New York. Thats blasphemy in my view. Like spitting on Kirsty Macolls grave and stealing the rest of Shane Macgowen's teeth.

I'd have them taken out and shot....it's just one thing after another with this bloody club, when will they ever learn? After all, we only had 3660 people there today, you think they'd be able to please everyone!!!

what date is the execution? will it be an all ticket affair? will season ticket holders get first choice? will pie and bovril be served? will we be alllowed to stand or will the stewards make us sit down?

1-1

Overall a fair result. Dundee looked much slicker than us in the first half although it's always difficult to tell when your own team is at the far end. Griffiths is a top notch striker, plenty of acceleration quick turns and strong enough for a slip of a lad. He drew Lionel on to the challenge and no complaints from me about the award, although all Lionel had to do was police him on the edge of the box. He had made his mind up from twenty yards away though and slid through Griffiths removing his standing leg as he went through. For all Dundee's intricate play in the first half, they never capitalised on this and we should have gone in level.

Different tune in the second half. Douglas was done for marking his box.....a bit like cats do with territory......we hit the bar from the resultant indirect free kick from eight yards with the Dee defenders all along the line. Rooney scored after an error with the slack back pass, but he still had plenty to do and his strength and hustling pace (not often that appears in the same sentence as Rooney) prevailed as he ran thirty yards as he held off the two defenders to slide the ball under Douglas....nutmegged. Snchez had the pick of the attempts but he slid the ball across the face of the goal from the left side of the six yard box and agonisingly wide with Douglas beaten. He really should have scored, but before we could dwell on that Griffiths was lobbing the ball wide at the other end. Thats three games against Dundee and they have all been good games. It was a pulsating game and either team could have nicked it, our second half play could have won it for us but a point apiece is no shame.

The league is now Dundee's to throw away, I can't see them doing that.

I gave Bully my MoM. Solid defensively and willing to pass out of defence.

I must have been a bad mood or something as I'm struggling to be anywhere near as positive as most people on here. With some of the players in the press saying the next two games are must win I was expecting them to come out fighting in the first half but no, they were terrible. Every time Dundee went forward our defence looked so nervous. For me in a must win game the first half performance was totally unacceptable. And how many more times this season are we going to see them play good for one half and not the other?

Lionel should not be playing when Roy McBain is sitting in the stands, I cant think of any other player who would go into a challenge in the box at that pace, just stupidity. He is an accident waiting to happen and always has been. He was better in the second half but gave the ball away a couple of times in dangerous positions.

The second half was better after we scored but it had to be we were chasing the game. I though Duff got better as the game went on and was creating a lot. Imrie gave them a bit of urgency going forward but can anyone tell me why Odhiambo wasn't taken off instead of Foran. Eric had done nothing all day, he is supposed to have pace but wouldn't dare take on his full-back, who Hayes gave a roasting in the final. Foran may not have been having the best of games but he was far better than Eric and provides much more of goal threat. For me that was and atrocious decision from the management.

Overall, just not good enough.

Enjoyed the game and really thought we would nick it near the end. From the games we have played against Dundee this season we have shown we are just as good as them. Although I think we can forget promotion this season if we keep this squad together we have an excellent chance next season. Duff is fitting in really well and I thought Odhiambo played a lot better yesterday than he has done, corner kick being the exception. Proctor is doing a grand job for us. To be quite honest the only player I would want to see being got rid of is Barrowman.

what date is the execution? will it be an all ticket affair? will season ticket holders get first choice? will pie and bovril be served? will we be alllowed to stand or will the stewards make us sit down?

I hope you realise that I was being sarcastic and over dramatic. If you do however want to do an execution as part of the half time entertainment. Can we do Gary Glitter. I missed the programme when it was on.

Hi Guys.

A Dundee fan, without blue tinted glasses, giving an opinion...............

I thought that we dominated the first 45 minutes, by playing sharp, short crisp passing, and using the wings well. That was the best opening 45 minutes that we have played all season. The second half was pretty much the same, until we gifted you the equaliser. After that Caley looked the more like scoring. The big change in the play came when the coloured midfielder switched to the left. He had Paton in knots.

All in all a draw was a fair result, over the 90 minutes.

As for Caley, I think that 12 points is to much to pull back, so now is the time to start planning for next season.

Great pies, BTW.

They must be very scared of us.

ICT are the best team we've played this season in an attacking sense, but defensively, you're brutal. We've played three games this season, we've won one and drawn two. 8 points clear at the top, 12 ahead of your lot. Still far from over, but I don't think we fear you lot, though. There are three teams above you that we fear more.

We've got balance and a manager who is tactically aware.

Anyway, all the best.

I must have watched a different game to some people. My MOTM has to be Proctor. He was good on the whole I reckon. Of the rest, I'm surprised that people aren't foaming at the mouth from Lionel's performance. He had a couple of decent moments, but to me looked dodgy a lot of the time and at other times didn't seem interested. Didn't think it was a penalty though. Munro and Bulvitis started out a bit sloppily, but got more solid as time went on. Esson did fairly well as well for the whole game. Cox was okay but missed a glaring opportunity. When the ball went loose, he had to hit the target, he he kept the ball don so it would've been at goal level, he would've scored. I wasn't impressed by Duff at all. Odhiambo didn't do much, and Foran had a quiet game, while Sanchez did okay, but only has one foot. And how did he miss that chance? I couldn't believe it when it went wide. Rooney took his goal well, but by God is he slow. Of the subs, Eagle did okay, as did Imrie but the latter still seems to have a rather high opinion of his own skill.

Why doesn't Butcher still constantly go with these long ball tactics, especially in the first half? They quiet simply don't work. The second half performance was a little better, but not overly great. And why aren't the wingers on the correct sides? It just doesn't make sense.

BTW - Did anyone notice that Number 2 for Dundee? Looked like he was going to die at one point, and then came back on and was fine. Shocking.

I would rather have them in my line up than - Sanchez, Odihambo, Imrie, Barrowman, Eagle, Duncan, McBain and so on.

I wouldn't take McMenamince if you paid me. Harkins and Griffiths are the two best players in the First Division by some distance. They would walk into any starting line up in this league and probably every SPL starting XI as well. Something I have said since July / August when Dundee signed them. I recall a few posters on here not thinking much of them and they have been proved spectacularly wrong.

I must have watched a different game to some people. My MOTM has to be Proctor. He was good on the whole I reckon. Of the rest, I'm surprised that people aren't foaming at the mouth from Lionel's performance. He had a couple of decent moments, but to me looked dodgy a lot of the time and at other times didn't seem interested. Didn't think it was a penalty though. Munro and Bulvitis started out a bit sloppily, but got more solid as time went on. Esson did fairly well as well for the whole game. Cox was okay but missed a glaring opportunity. When the ball went loose, he had to hit the target, he he kept the ball don so it would've been at goal level, he would've scored. I wasn't impressed by Duff at all. Odhiambo didn't do much, and Foran had a quiet game, while Sanchez did okay, but only has one foot. And how did he miss that chance? I couldn't believe it when it went wide. Rooney took his goal well, but by God is he slow. Of the subs, Eagle did okay, as did Imrie but the latter still seems to have a rather high opinion of his own skill.

Why doesn't Butcher still constantly go with these long ball tactics, especially in the first half? They quiet simply don't work. The second half performance was a little better, but not overly great. And why aren't the wingers on the correct sides? It just doesn't make sense.

BTW - Did anyone notice that Number 2 for Dundee? Looked like he was going to die at one point, and then came back on and was fine. Shocking.

I agree with the bit in bold and also think that sanchez was very good as well.