FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Dundee : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably say game of the season at our stadium so far. I really enjoyed it and we played some really good football. Duff is by far the best player in our team. Lionel had a good game, just the pen which was a shocking tackle that he didnt need to make. Quality finish from Rooney, possibly we should have won it on the 2nd half performance.

Totally bizarre decision from the ref for the in direct free kick on the 6 yard line in the dundee box, anybody know what that was about? I saw Imrie standing near Douglas but that was it?

16:18:11

1-1 Rooney - Long ball through and Rooney gets in between Lauchlan and MacKenzie and slips it under Douglas.

It was actually a dreadful back pass by Kerr that setup Rooney :rolleyes:

Proverbial game of 2 halves. Dundee pummelled us in the first and I don't think we forced Douglas into a save but we were much, much better in the second.

If anyone can explain why we got that free kick in the box and Douglas got booked I'd love to hear it

Barring his usual blooper Lionel was probably the pick of our defenders with Proctor being by far the worst. Pretty much all Dundee's attacks game from his side.

Surprised by Butcher hooking Foran instead of the ineffective Odhiambho as was the majority of the crowd I think.

Esson probably my MOTM for that save right at the end but Rooney & Sanchez also played well. Duff put in a powderpuff display McBain would have been proud of & Cox started to come onto a bit of a game after a poor first hour or so

A point a piece is probably fair on reflection although it's of little use to us in terms of the league

it was something about douglas on the 6 yard line he d had drawn a line when the line was allready there..but i hear he does it every game...

eh?

:rolleyes:

on the Inverness ct match report it said:"...the assistant referee alerted the referee to something rab Douglas had done in his box..."

Edited by MissICT

Yes, really enjoyable game. Good crowd, despite the earlier moaners predictable posts, and good atmosphere. We were by far the better team, particularly in the second half when we kept them under constant pressure. Dundee were very fortunate to escape with a point. Frustrating from that point of view, but encouraging for the good passing and moving, just a pity we couldn't finish off some very good moves. Worth the three points. The penalty was on the edge of a box, a questionable decision, not a heavy or malicious challenge. Their man of course went down. A free kick on the edge of the box would have been sufficient for many refs. On the strength of today, you would wonder why we aren't challenging Dundee for the title, we were easily as good, actually better than them.

Only thing we could come up with that fitted the circumstances of the indirect free-kick was that Douglas must have picked up a pass back. Taking a kick from outside the permitted area would only have resulted in having to take the kick again under normal circumstances (I think) and would have been a harsh booking. What was shocking was that Douglas then moved early to charge down the free kick, ref had card out of pocket...must have realised he'd just booked him, and put the card away again.

Not much to complain about with the penalty, although it was a close call on whether it was in the area or not. Not a tackle Lionel should have had to make as it should have been offside....and not the biggest of fouls, but we would have been calling for it had the situation been reversed.

The goal was very well taken....Rooney picking up the ball midway into the opposition half and keeping his cool as two defenders closed him down and the keeper came out at him to slot it confidently under the keeper and into the net. The kind of chances/opportunities he's been blowing this season, so good to see him stay composed and with any luck he'll have taken some confidence from it.

I thought Proctor had another great game...potential MotM...and Tokely must be wondering if he'll get straight back into the team when he comes back.

Duff seems to have brought the midfield together and I wouldn't be at all upset to see us signing him on loan till the end of the season.

Sanchez was getting into good position but the ball just wouldn't break cleanly for him or he might have logged a couple of goals.

All in all a pleasing performance and had we not been trailing by so much then I doubt we'd be seeing many complaints about pulling off a draw in this one.

Probably the end of any realistic opporchancity we might have had to pull ourselves back into contention for the league....but please can we not have any of this "the season's over" BS. Still a lot to play for, even if first place is out of sight.

it was something about douglas on the 6 yard line he d had drawn a line when the line was allready there..but i hear he does it every game...

eh?

on the Inverness ct match report it said:"...the assistant referee alerted the referee to something rab Douglas had done in his box..."

he had drawn a line with his foot if i am right in saying...thats why the free kick was giving...

eh?

he had drawn a line with his foot if i am right in saying...thats why the free kick was giving...

sounds stupid

I just saw him speaking 2 Imrie

Duff seems to have brought the midfield together and I wouldn't be at all upset to see us signing him on loan till the end of the season.

What's the point if he's not signing for longer. I'd rather use that to get Cox, Proctor, Rooney or Hayes on a longer contract.

Great game I thought, and how we didn't win it in the second half is a mystery.

Pretty even first half where they didn't really create anything, and we seemed to try and walk the ball into the net.

Then Lionel has a mad moment, clear penalty when there was no need to make the tackle. And it was easily inside the box for those saying it was on the line.

Second half we dominated, and Dundee seemed to go to pieces as soon as we got a bit of momentum going. No idea what the free kick in the box was for, but it's an almost impossible situation to score from when 10 players are stood on the line. Rooney took his goal well, then Cox and Sanchez had wonderful chances to win it. Both should've scored.

Why was Foran hooked? Eric would've been my choice to go off.....though to be honest, how Imrie ever gets on the pitch is beyond me. I hope some mugs come in and buy him in January as he is utter mince.

Entertaining game in which either side had great chances to win it.

Dundee were in control for most of the 1st half woth Griffiths, Harkins and Hart causing problems but we coped reasonably well until half time. It was a clumsy challenge from Lionel but i'm convinced it happened outside the box. Btw Lionel didn't crumble after his mishap. He actuallly played reasonably well in the 2nd half.

We improved 2nd half and Rooney took his goal really well prior to that Foran had hit the bar and Lionel had a good effort tipped over by Douglas. Cox and Sanchez both spurred great chances for us to win the game but Griffiths and Hart also had chances for them. Red card was deserved for Harkins, encouraging performance but i would say it was ashame not to win today....and Johnny Hayes was missed today.

Bring on County next week.

It was a clumsy challenge from Lionel but i'm convinced it happened outside the box.

It was right in front of where I sit, and clearly inside the box. No doubt about it being a penalty, though, as I said, there was no need at all for Lionel to make the tackle.

It was a clumsy challenge from Lionel but i'm convinced it happened outside the box.

It was right in front of where I sit, and clearly inside the box. No doubt about it being a penalty, though, as I said, there was no need at all for Lionel to make the tackle.

looked outside to me!

Only thing we could come up with that fitted the circumstances of the indirect free-kick was that Douglas must have picked up a pass back. Taking a kick from outside the permitted area would only have resulted in having to take the kick again under normal circumstances (I think) and would have been a harsh booking. What was shocking was that Douglas then moved early to charge down the free kick, ref had card out of pocket...must have realised he'd just booked him, and put the card away again.

Makes sense as the North Stand thought he had taken the GK outside the 6 yard box but fair play to the linesman for spotting it.

Not much to complain about with the penalty, although it was a close call on whether it was in the area or not. Not a tackle Lionel should have had to make as it should have been offside....and not the biggest of fouls, but we would have been calling for it had the situation been reversed.

Well in the box, atleast 2 yards in.

The goal was very well taken....Rooney picking up the ball midway into the opposition half and keeping his cool as two defenders closed him down and the keeper came out at him to slot it confidently under the keeper and into the net. The kind of chances/opportunities he's been blowing this season, so good to see him stay composed and with any luck he'll have taken some confidence from it.

The goal was quite bizzare in fact as Kerr had lobbed it back to his defenders and ballsed it up big time and im surprised Rooney managed to outpace their CB's and a good finish between Douglas' legs.

I thought Proctor had another great game...potential MotM...and Tokely must be wondering if he'll get straight back into the team when he comes back.

Sanchez was getting into good position but the ball just wouldn't break cleanly for him or he might have logged a couple of goals.

All in all a pleasing performance and had we not been trailing by so much then I doubt we'd be seeing many complaints about pulling off a draw in this one.

I agree that Proctor played well and LDZ(apart from the penalty) aswell. Duff was bvery good and im very surprised that no-one has commented on this but the 1-2 passing was a joy to behold, tore them to shreds time and again and its still such a shame that our strikers wont operate on a "shoot on sight" policy as i keep saying that relentless pressure on defences and keepers and they will eventually fall. This has benn the best ive seen Dani Sanchez play all season and was unlucky with his shot towards the end(same with Lionel's brilliant 25 yards shot that Douglas just tipped over. Shame that the resulted corner was wasted by Cox who slipped).

Imrie did not too bad but he still needs to work on his ability to spot runners and numerous times Sanchez and Foran were down that Right Wing.

Probably the end of any realistic opporchancity we might have had to pull ourselves back into contention for the league....but please can we not have any of this "the season's over" BS. Still a lot to play for, even if first place is out of sight.

Well the title race is over unless we take 12 out of 12 from the remaining Dundee/County games and hope that Dundee slip up because they were not great at all today but you just had a feeling that when the pressed they looked likely to score. The quick passing game did work well today and just the confidence of everyone to take a chance on goal will work wonders for the team The fans would rather see a shot go by than just to watch us pass and then eventually lose. So far the best game at home as for once we played the full 90 minutes.

It was a stone wall penalty. Someone sitting behind me was shouting "Noooo don't!!!" right before Lionel ran in and wiped Griffiths out. Was in the box for sure.

I've seen us play Dundee 3 times now and we should have won all three times. They don't like playing us and their fans view us as a big team, hence why they put on such a show whenever we play them. Griffiths is brilliant though and the Dundee fans know how to get behind there team. Well done to guy with his top of. I was wearing technical winter gear and felt like greeting I was so cold, so I reckon he had quite a drink in him.

Duff was excellent, as well as Cox, Bulvitis, Rooney and Sanchez. Sanchez won quite a few headers today. I reckon Foran wasn't as up for it today as mush as usual but Eric did not look comfortable at all. I assume this was because he was out of position? Proctor was quiet and totally buggered up that throw in. The ref told him twice where to take it from and Bulvitis and Griffiths were both standing where the ball had gone out. Did anyone else notice Bulvitis and Griffiths becoming good mates the more the game went on? Lovely stuff.

Who knows what happened with Rab for that free kick but all the Dundee players seemed to accept it.

Good tactics from Butcher and well done to Munro for keeping Zadi in check and keeping the back four together.