FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

what are the roads like in Sneck today?

Drochit Blue

No big prob on main roads, affy icy last night,houseing estates are poor though and very difficult to get accesss.

I hereby disclaim responsbility for any consequence of actions taken as a result of reading the above, drivers are recomended to travel only if journey is essential and they have completed advance driving in Artic conditions training

Hello all, Hope you all had a good hogmany.

I'm flying back from Spain on Saturday and was wondering what the roads are like. Anyone know what the A9 is like? Are the roads ok in Inverness?

I'm flying into Glasgow and driving up Saturday night.

Cheers for any info.

I'm flying back from Spain on Saturday and was wondering what the roads are like. Anyone know what the A9 is like? Are the roads ok in Inverness?

Cheers for any info.

Book a hotel for Saturday night OZ, don't risk it. Temp will be around -20 in the mountains and snow everywhere.

Book a hotel for Saturday night OZ, don't risk it. Temp will be around -20 in the mountains and snow everywhere.

This! The A9 has been blocked a lot this last while oz. theres 6ft of snow in places up here!

Cheers for any info.

check out this site for live webcams http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx ice is the main problem now, one good thing is that it should stop the snow from drifting as now the snow has a hard crust on top, just expect it to take a long time to get up here.

Half the cameras arent working ?

Edited by 12th Man

Hi all

I made it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Left Valencia yesterday at 11 oclock in the morning, train to Alicante, taxi to airport, Flight on time, got to Glasgow at 9.15 at night the car was frozen solid but started first time so can't complain after 17 days in minus temps. The road was clear all the way up apart from a bit of snow on the roads in the Slochd area. Turned into my driveway and got stuck in 1 1/2 feet of snow. 2 oclock in the morning didn't care so went to bed and dug it out this morning.

All in all can't complain went quite smoothly.

Thanks to all for the tips and info posted. :P