FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Boo Boys at it again were they?

Alex MacLeod

Quote from Richie Foran in Courier:

It was when Caley Thistle were trailing, however, that Foran maintains a minority of home supporters should have got behind the team, rather than choose to criticise them."We didn't start off that well and then all of a sudden some of our own supporters seemed to turn against us, which I felt was very disappointing," he stated."We've not lost at home since October last year and we've been on a great run, so when we go a goal down that's when we need them to give us a lift."We're not going to go between now and the end of the season without dropping points. It's possible that we could, but that would be hard, so when we are struggling that's when we need them to help us out."I was a bit disappointed in some of them and I know a few of the other players were too. It might only have been a few who were booing, but we need them all to encourage us and fortunately the vast majority did."We understand their frustrations because the players feel the same. However, we're all in this together - the players and the supporters."

When are the so called supporters of this club going to realise that their stupid antics during a game are affecting the performance in the wrong way?

To be honest Alex, i didnt hear much in the way of boo's in the bridge end, a disgruntled moans at 0-2 and 2-3 but there are those who seem to greet no matter what.

Edited by caley100

North Stand were impeccable in their support as far as I can remember, even chanting support at 2-0 down.

It was the same in the main stand.....

I get annoyed when players blame the supporters for poor performances.

At 2 nil down at home to the likes of Ayr United I think the fans have the right to vent their frustrations in whatever way they like .

You're just trying to be controversial.

The booing doesn't really help does it? It's interesting how you don't hear booing at the away matches. Perhaps this is a factor as to why the team perfoms better.

The only abuse I shouted on Saturday was directed at Tam McManus and Stephen Grindlay. I actually turned to the lads I go with when we were 2-0 down and said 'I'm not really worried here, we're going to score a few today'. Just a pity we couldn't keep tight at the back.

Im a tad annoyed with Foran's comments. I didn't realise it was the supporters fault we didn't beat Ayr.

And before anyone says otherwise, he sort of is laying the blame for the result on us.

Edited by MabawswaRichie

This is a double edged sword really, we claim the right to criticise the players when we feel they do not perform to our standards, I think we should afford them the same rights when they feel we do not perform to their standards. Fair's fair, no point in getting aggrieved.

Personally I think that if someone boo's there own players during a match, no matter the score, then they are booing the shirt and the club. Those people are not true supporters and would probably do more good if they just stayed away.

DC, Ayr United are a team in the same league as us and are just as entitled to score as we are. Fans should be getting their players fired up to counter that, not breaking their confidence with booing. This wouldn't happen with any other club. After the final whistle then vent your frustrations if you wish.

Wasn't at the game, but fans have a right to be a bit grumpy when you concede three goals against a second division quality team. If there wasn't moaning then Richie is just using the fans as a scapegoat, its easier to blame the fans than to admit to playing badly.

Did anyone, apart from Foran, hear any booing directed at ICT players?

."I was a bit disappointed in some of them and I know a few of the other players were too

The above should maybe answer your question John

Were you there, Alex? Did you hear ICT supporters booing ICT players?

I'll try this one again....

Did anyone at the match on Saturday hear ICT players being booed by ICT supporters?

There was plenty of booing but it was directed at the numpty holding the cards.

So if players hear booing they shouldn't get paranoid and think its directed at them

I don't want it to get to the stage where 'Should I cheer on the players for missing the goal but having a go? do they think I'm being sarcastic?'

Just get stuck in and stay in the zone.

It was also good to see the well behaved youngsters in the main stand lower B, they seemed to enjoy themselves, hope to see them back soon.

At 2 nil down at home to the likes of Ayr United I think the fans have the right to vent their frustrations in whatever way they like .

The booing doesn't really help does it? It's interesting how you don't hear booing at the away matches. Perhaps this is a factor as to why the team perfoms better.

Not trying to be controversial at all , I read recently of a Premier division side who's players use the booing from their own fans as a spur to do better .

."I was a bit disappointed in some of them and I know a few of the other players were too

I think there is a world of difference between grumbling when something goes wrong and booing. The boos are intended to be heard by the team and act as a disincentive to play well.

Foran has made it quite clear that the players do not respond positively to this. What more do you need?

Boo at the end, by all means, but while the game is still alive, don't kill it.

Edited by gordyfromsneck

I think there is a world of difference between grumbling when something goes wrong and booing. The boos are intended to be heard by the team and act as a disincentive to play well.

Foran has made it quite clear that the players do not respond positively to this. What more do you need?

Gordy, were you at the match?

Did you hear ICT supporters booing ICT players?

Sorry if this is such a diificult question.

Gordy, were you at the match?

Did you hear ICT supporters booing ICT players?

Sorry if this is such a diificult question.

Not too difficult, mate, either question.

Yes, I was at the match.

No, I did not hear any booing.

Not trying to be controversial at all , I read recently of a Premier division side who's players use the booing from their own fans as a spur to do better .

And i think it was the Nottenham Forest Manager, Davies or something, who asked fans to boo!

I heard no booing but a fair amount of "Esson you're shite" type comments after the first goal went in and this was repeated after the second. Maybe this is what Foran means? Foran has, on a couple of other occasions, made gestures to the fans in the North Stand to get behind the team instead of criticising them. He did it again on Saturday and I think he is quite right too. Our fans get on the players backs far too early on instead of actually getting behind them but we've been over this before.

Edited by RiG

I heard no booing but a fair amount of "Esson you're *****" type comments after the first goal went in and this was repeated after the second. Maybe this is what Foran means? Foran has, on a couple of other occasions, made gestures to the fans in the North Stand to get behind the team instead of criticising them. He did it again on Saturday and I think he is quite right too. Our fans get on the players backs far too early on instead of actually getting behind them but we've been over this before.

I brought that up a few weeks back. What the hell are some people on? Just because we let a goal in does not mean you need someone to belame. And if there is no obvious choice to belame, its Esson that gets it. Waken up you idiots.

I brought that up a few weeks back. What the hell are some people on? Just because we let a goal in does not mean you need someone to belame. And if there is no obvious choice to belame, its Esson that gets it. Waken up you idiots.

I was embarrassed by some of the shouts on Saturday. The ones about Esson were particularly cringe worthy. Our fans are nothing short of pathetic sometimes. Fully with Foran on this one.