FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Winning ugly

big man

It is a bit negative from me. This defensive posting was brought about by the managerial teams lack of tactical awareness and using the wrong players in the wrong positions. This takes me back to the end of last season and the start of this one.

Trust me, we took a giant step backwards on Saturday, lets hope there is some serious talking going on this week. The only plus was the three points gained. I agree that different circumstances give you differing issues, but I stand by what I posted before that the manager chose the wrong players. Don't tell me that Sanchez, or Roy McBain or Eagle would have been less effective than some on the park, even Lionel would have shone through the gloom.

I have thought for a couple of months that we were as good as, if not better than the rest of the division, my expectations have lowered a bit after watching that. I do believe, but they are making it harder to actually believe that I believe, lets hope the players have the belief in themselves.

It is a bit negative from me. This defensive posting was brought about by the managerial teams lack of tactical awareness and using the wrong players in the wrong positions. This takes me back to the end of last season and the start of this one.

Trust me, we took a giant step backwards on Saturday, lets hope there is some serious talking going on this week. The only plus was the three points gained. I agree that different circumstances give you differing issues, but I stand by what I posted before that the manager chose the wrong players. Don't tell me that Sanchez, or Roy McBain or Eagle would have been less effective than some on the park, even Lionel would have shone through the gloom.

I have thought for a couple of months that we were as good as, if not better than the rest of the division, my expectations have lowered a bit after watching that. I do believe, but they are making it harder to actually believe that I believe, lets hope the players have the belief in themselves.

I didn't think playing Ross was the most worrying thing, after all he scored (as easy as it might have been) and we won but I am concerned that he's dropped Bully.. not because Tokely is playing at centre half but I don't think Proctor is a great right back. Possibly worried about the team burning out with the number of games recently but I don't know what Bully's done to deserve being dropped, thought he was excellent against Dee and likewise Tokely had the best game (I've seen) at right back

I was wondering if either team was ever going to score on Saturday and lord knows who picked eric as MOTM - must have been a relative as I thought he was completely anonymous and would have changed him for Sanchez or eagle at half time.

We really need to up our game considerably next Saturday against Ross County or sadly we can kiss goodbye to promotion for this season.

I am not sure whether I prefer winning ugly or losing with flare, I suppose 3 points justify the means to an end but.........

Whenever hayes got the ball he was closed down by 2 opponents which left somone spare, nobody ever showed up, we seem to have no idea what to do when we had a throw in, we have a static mid field who seem to be better at defending than creating anything in attack. Rooney up front chasing scrapes it goes on, a man of the match who really should have been substituted at half time along with others, on tuesday we played with flair and commitment so what went wrong. It cannot be just the loss of foran. We will be slaughted if we play like that against ross county,

From all the reports I've read the difference between this game and the upcoming County one is that County will be trying to play and score. I dont think even Foran would have been successful against nine defenders.

Long ball football........my favourite. :D

Not Fijian long ball football Ren?! I don't care how we play. So long as we have 3 points come the final whistle. Mike Tumilty is the referee tomorrow - decent appointment. Assistants are Willie Conquer and Morag Pirie.

Long ball football........my favourite. :(

Not Fijian long ball football Ren?!

:D

I don't see what to do with anything.

But in truth, there's nothing worse than long ball football. It's dull, soul destroying and rather ineffective.

Edited by Renegade