FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Highland March 8

WYNESS101

Trying to use mobile internet so please forgive errors. we're goin strong. 4 of us still end to end. gutted for chumba (aka beatonio) who broke foot. he did about 30 miles and walked at least 7 of that on it before chuckin in. havin a few beers and hope to make drumond roundabout tomorrow. possibly even falcon sq. bring it on.

Cracking effort troops, keep it going, last big push. See you at stadium :(

We have finished in falcon sq. today. It feel great to be home.

We are leaving falcon sq. about 11:00 so if anyone can manage the last 2 miles with us with a stop in the innes would be nice.

What an absolutely brilliant week!!! the most difficult, physically painful, mentally challenging and emotionally draining week I've ever experienced on a Highland March...... but absoluely f***** brilliant!!!

It's not over yet though, as we have 2 miles left to offically complete the challenge.

It'll top it off for us guys to have a band of 'followers' from Falcon Square at 11am. We'll no doubt (almost certainly, possibly, maybe) head into the Innes for a beverage or 7.

We are requested by the club to be there for around 2-2:15 so will leave the innes around 1ish.

All the aches and pains seemed to disappear yesterday for a couple of hours as the title party got under way.

To have Terry Butcher join us on our Lap pf Honour was magnificent. I wonder if he'll be fit after his knee op' to join us for a stage one year (alongside Robbo who has been 'quoted' as doing a stage in the future)!

The OFFICIAL Highland March 8 mileage was.........

:crazy07:

HM8 therefore has become the FIRST EVER route to break the 200-mile marker! Superb

A small selection of photos will be posted on this thread later today once I upload them from my camera. I'll also ensure the FULL HM8 Gallery is uploaded as soon as possible (within the coming weeks :021: )

The OFFICIAL Highland March 8 mileage was.........

:P

202.78 HM8 therefore has become the FIRST EVER route to break the 200-mile marker! Superb

It seriously is superb. WOW a024.gif

As promised, a small selection from the hundreds of photos we'd taken en route. All photos should be available on the highlandmarch.co.uk website in the coming days....

Enjoy....

post-59-1272831726_thumb.jpg

post-59-1272831797_thumb.jpg

post-59-1272831881_thumb.jpg

post-59-1272832087_thumb.jpg

post-59-1272832225_thumb.jpg

post-59-1272832357_thumb.jpg

post-59-1272832524_thumb.jpg

Great pics.... What a fantastic achievement!!

I'm definitely going to join you on your next venture, next time.

You'll be okay taking turns to push me in my wheelchair, won't you?

:D

:ohmy:

I think its further if you count walking round the pubs and still in good voice at 3 am.

Yes we were :D

With a certain number 10 starting a round of his song at about 3.30am :022:

Thanks for the messages of support. It was an absolutely incredible week for the walkers. The injured were missed, speedy recoveries to all.

I couldn't recommend it any more highly.

Highland Marchers were on the front page of the Inverness edition of the P&J today.

We had a shot in the Sunday Mail yesterday too... along with the tuesday Courier last week and the P&J the week before, some of the coverage we've had this year has been fantastic. Highland March seems to grow year on year.

We'll have to wait for the SPL Split before we know where we head next year, but i'll no doubt have a few routes plotted by the end of this month, let alone next season :P

As Slater said earlier, it truely was a fantastic week (as it always is) and the title party at Ayr and up here will be extremely hard to beat.

After missing out on this years march through injury and getting over seeing the guys depart Somerset Park without me, I took on the role of secondary support to the marchers. What a week it was. I've never laughed so much in years as Carbon Footprint on me took the roads. It gave me an insight into the supporting role to the team and the hard work that goes with it. The HM is and always will be a team effort and would never be the success it is without all the work that goes on in the background, before, during and after the march. My sincere congratulations to Yompa, Gringo Jnr, Dunco and Slater for completing the end to end in what was the toughest HM ever. I will be back next year.