FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The De Vries 'Stamp' On Munro & Dods

RiG

Suprised no one else has mentioned this yet.

Did anyone else think that when De Vries came to claim a cross that he deliberately stamped on Munro as he came down?

Now I know it would have been hard to avoid Munro to an extent but he made absolutely no effort to try and not stamp on Grant while he was on the ground. I am also pretty sure I saw him actually look down at him then planted his boot onto Munros leg/torso.

Thoughts please  :003:

Also Dods, apparently he got thumped in the face by a flying elbow and had to get stitches in his face?

It didn't look good when De Vries trod on Munro... Shame that - I thought he looked like an excellent keeper who kept the Pars in the game, and might have got MoM if we hadn't scored.

As for Dods coming off covered in blood - must have been off for 10 mins - I was listening to the radio commentary and for some reason that incident didn't get a mention.....

RiG, you mentioned it on the main match thread.  I saw it quite clear as well and the defender holding Grant back.  As I said on that other thread, that t*sser of a ref Murray missed the first offence and took action at the second, often retaliation incident - he booked Grant for his reaction and complaining.

Hamilton should have been booked in the first half for his persistent fouling, but again Murray failed to take action then.  Now if it was Ian Black ..................

I couldn't believe what I saw when this happened. Keeper stands on Munro, then has a go at Munro, Pars players crowd round Munro, and Munro gets booked?

Meanwhile the Dunfermline defence kick anything that moves and nothing. And don't get me started on McAllister being held back in the box...

I thought the referee was very poor. Did anyone else think that it was the defender who put the ball past the post when Rankin was through?

...Only Rankin thought that. :015:

To be honest I thought the ref did ok, which is a serious compliment considering the usual tripe he serves up - the only complaint is that he didn't speak to Jim Hamilton in the first half about his elbows....then again when Brewster was our front man we didn't mind his 'robust' style did we?? :017:

RiG, you mentioned it on the main match thread.  I saw it quite clear as well and the defender holding Grant back.  As I said on that other thread, that t*sser of a ref Murray missed the first offence and took action at the second, often retaliation incident - he booked Grant for his reaction and complaining.

Indeed I did but the lack of reaction made me wonder if I had imagined it on Saturday.