FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

DP on his way

Guest Chemist

Guest Chemist

Have heard that CC and DP have fallen out and Parkie is on his way to Livi. Didnt see him in the dugout yesterday but that might be my eyes. Anyone heard whats going on?

Guest Sandy Cromarty

If this is true then it will really hurt us as the younger players respond well to Donald and he has a lot of experience which Charlie Christie needs, this doesn't look good.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

If this were true it's be a disaster! We'd need to get someone else in there ASAP. BRING BACK PELE!!!

I was speaking to John Doc today.  He was in the dug out yesterday and he told me DP was away to join the Scotland youth team, which he does on a regular basis. No idea which story is the truth and I agree that Parkie would be a sad loss, but let's not make mountains out of molehills.

Wish I had read this post first and I could have paid more attention to his reaction. Seemed very feasible to me.

Donald is away for ten days or thereby in, I believe, Estonia with the youth team. I was horrified at the extent to which rumours to the contrary gained currency over the weekend!

I heard he was in Dundee speaking to Eddie Thompson about the soon to be available United managers job...

DP is an SFA Youth team coach and, as has been said, is in Estonia. Absolutely pathetic how some, because the guy isn't at a match, can deduce such preposterous claims. The sad thing is that some people actually believe, and embelish, the rumours without knowing the facts.

I quite like the rumours (in general) as they tend to stir up a good bit of discussion, even when they are far-fetched.  It's especially funny when the press pick up on them and run stories only to find out they are complete bahollocks after they have gone to press  :015:

You also have to consider the fact that we move more threads from the Rumour Mill to the Football sections of the forum than we do the other way round so many of the rumours are normally based on some kind of factual info.

Not something I think people need to get upset about, and I am sure anyone at the club who saw/was watching this thread had a nice wee giggle to themselves.  You can be sure at least some of the reporters registered on this site would have been off chasing a story after they read it and that in itself is an ammusing thought.

With us getting our first home win of the season while DP was away, I've heard rumour that he is now banished from the home dugout for the remainder of the season  :004:

Guest Chemist

Sorry ive been away for a few days much like oor Parkie. Source was a player!!! and im not going to say who as the papers can start a mountain out of a molehill. Parkie is part of the scotland coaching team so that can explain Saturdays absence. Is Doc not usually in the dugout normally?

Anyone prepared to guess which papers might pick up the rumour??