FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

I.C.T fans going to Hampden. Why?

I can only imagine, the reason for so many ICT "Fans" getting behind county is that they are not so much fans of ICT....they are more just fans of football. I hve brought this up before, and further backs up my theory, IF these people are not just fans of football....where were they (the 3000-4000 "fans" ICT have) when Inverness had 3 Highland league teams?

Deny it all you want...but most fans of Aberdeen will NOT be wnating Dundee Utd to win today. As much as Dundee Fans wouldnt want St Johnstone to do it, or Dunfermline Fans would see Raith Win it etc etc. Ross County get to the final...and a pile of fence sitting ICT fans sod off to cheer them on. Maybe this explains the poor atmosphere at TCS. Coz lots are there to watch a game of football rather than "support" ICT

I also believe it is people like myself, who have a longer established, deeper seated roots with local football, who find it harder to cheer on what is our local rivals! And therefore...we are in the minority, compared to the New Age ICT fans!

But you can support a team that was made up of 2 great rivals :huh:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll be the nail hit sqarely on the head then! :025:

Well said that man.

continuing to follow your team in its new guise after merging with another isn't really quite the same as actually supporting a rival though is it

That'll be the nail hit sqarely on the head then! :025:

Well said that man.

continuing to follow your team in its new guise after merging with another isn't really quite the same as actually supporting a rival though is it

That argument's wrong.

Inverness Thistle and Caledonian ceased to exist so you couldn't continue to support a defunct team.

Or you started to support your local rivals as well as your own original team.

Or indeed both.

The difference here is that the well wishing (and indeed clandestine support) has now stopped as the game has been played out. I will point out though that if County had won I'd be keenly checking their Euro results.

Thats it all done and dusted and we can all breathe a sigh of relief. County were second best and United scored three good goals. Am I upset, no........am I pleased, no.........do I care, no.

What will we find to complain about our own fans next......?.....is the pitch invasion thread still open........?

I can only imagine, the reason for so many ICT "Fans" getting behind county is that they are not so much fans of ICT....they are more just fans of football. I hve brought this up before, and further backs up my theory, IF these people are not just fans of football....where were they (the 3000-4000 "fans" ICT have) when Inverness had 3 Highland league teams?

Deny it all you want...but most fans of Aberdeen will NOT be wnating Dundee Utd to win today. As much as Dundee Fans wouldnt want St Johnstone to do it, or Dunfermline Fans would see Raith Win it etc etc. Ross County get to the final...and a pile of fence sitting ICT fans sod off to cheer them on. Maybe this explains the poor atmosphere at TCS. Coz lots are there to watch a game of football rather than "support" ICT

I also believe it is people like myself, who have a longer established, deeper seated roots with local football, who find it harder to cheer on what is our local rivals! And therefore...we are in the minority, compared to the New Age ICT fans!

In all my time as a Caley fan (in the highland league days.....Thistle were NEVER viewed as "rivals". They were the fools on the hill! So.....to watch my club put in about 70% of the new team wasnt as hard to stomach as it must have been for Jags fans.

And isnt it Ironic DC..that you claim to be a great Caley man, yet here you are...trying to call me a hypocrite...on an ICT supporters forum! I would have been a hypocrite....IF i had NOT voted for the merger, but...I DID....as i saw the writing was on the wall for Caledonian Fc.

And while am at it....MANY of the so called rebels were actually Johnny Come Lately's, who i certainly dont recall being at Caley games...in the mid 80s when some pretty dire football was being served up...and being watched by, at times, less than 100 folk. No....these "fans" were too busy going to watch their big teams...namely Rangers, Celtic, Hearts. I wonder which camp you were in DC?

Edited by SMEE

In all my time as a Caley fan (in the highland league days.....Thistle were NEVER viewed as "rivals". They were the fools on the hill! So.....to watch my club put in about 70% of the new team wasnt as hard to stomach as it must have been for Jags fans.

And isnt it Ironic DC..that you claim to be a great Caley man, yet here you are...trying to call me a hypocrite...on an ICT supporters forum! I would have been a hypocrite....IF i had NOT voted for the merger, but...I DID....as i saw the writing was on the wall for Caledonian Fc.

And while am at it....MANY of the so called rebels were actually Johnny Come Lately's, who i certainly dont recall being at Caley games...in the mid 80s when some pretty dire football was being served up...and being watched by, at times, less than 100 folk. No....these "fans" were too busy going to watch their big teams...namely Rangers, Celtic, Hearts. I wonder which camp you were in DC?

And...as a footnote....it is certainly true....that i was far more fervent Caley fan in the HL...than i ever have been ICT in the Scottish Leagues! Hope that clears it up for you DC

Exfeckincactly - Thistle were never the Caley Rivals - We hated Elgin first and fore most and then feckin County - and due to the fact that Tinkerville have built a good side they are evidently the one in our sites nowadays - It is mainly all feckin banter but I was so glad that they got stuffed yesterday - like they would in a vice versa position.

The gypos in Europe - what a feckin embarrassment that would be - or should I say O2B - and didnt those erseholes used to think that it was funny to sing that. :huh: :025: :lol:

Exfeckincactly - Thistle were never the Caley Rivals - We hated Elgin first and fore most and then feckin County

Yarp Yarp Yarp, thats pretty much how i recall it....especially Elgin!

SMEE you voted to make your Highland league side extinct yet have a problem with anyone wanting county to beat United ! Where do you start with that 1 :blink:

I, unlike the "diehards" (thats the ones who Caley were their second team), accepted that Caledonian FC were goners! There was no two ways about it! So...i reluctantly accpeted the fact and dealt with it. Something, i think, 16 yrs on, you still have trouble accpeting!

I really am intrested in your story tho DC. Are you actually an ICT supporter? you seem to hold a lot of hostility at times at folks like myself. I am not actually sure if i have ever read a post by you saying anything positive about ict. I reckon your more of a Keyboard Warrior who likes to come on here and rabble rouse for the hell of it.

Exfeckincactly - Thistle were never the Caley Rivals - We hated Elgin first and fore most and then feckin County

Yarp Yarp Yarp, thats pretty much how i recall it....especially Elgin!

O 2 , O 2 B, O 2 B a Jaggie. Got your wishes in the end. :blink:

I was there as a football fan. It was a good day out. Who says we can only go and watch one team?

I fully enjoyed my day out and would happily do it again.

Edited by MissICT

Apparently the club put a banner up wishing County luck.

I wonder if all the players were supporting County...

Well There Was A Caley Player In The Utd End!

So I Think Not