FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

I.C.T fans going to Hampden. Why?

The same thing can be said about the crowd for any team that gets to a final. How many of the 30,000 Dundee Utd fans will be back at Tannadice given their average attendance is about 8,000.

If we were to get to a final I would love it if we could take near 20,000 even if most are glory hunters or don't go to games normaly, it happens with every team. Even our crowd on the last day of the season was over 6,000 when we were getting 3,000 normaly. Seems the way some people are going on about the amount of fans County took and if they would be back next season are a bit jealous.

I agree, it's sad really.

Our last game was a bigger crowd because of the surprise musical act. :rolleyes:

I took 2 children with me who wouldn't normally have gone and I suspect there's a lot of others who did likewise.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears there are two kinds of posters on here.

One, mainly younger ones who crew up with ICT as a league team and were always, rightly, able to support their local team in the Scottish Football League.

Two, mainly older ones who crew up supporting a "big" team as there was no league football and went to support their "wee" team in the Highland League. When ICT got into the league, and for some only when the climbed into the first division and on, a lot of guys switch there allegiance and focused solely on ICT.

Category One tends to include the OFesque hatred approach of all things non ICT, fails to appreciate that other people can enjoy other football that may be seen as conflicting with their views and suffers from a severe superiority complex as "we are better supporters than you cos wee hate County/Elgin/Anyone not ICT".

Category Two does not have the inbred OFesque disease and subsequently sees things differently. They can appreciate others being successful, enjoy good football and have lives that are not absorbed by hatred. Many of them can even support their neighbours in recognition that any success for the Highlands benefits their team and helps get rid of the myth promoted by the central belt media that we are a footballing backwater.

For the record, 12 of us went to the game, 6 ST holders at ICT, 2 ST holders at ICT and RCFC and 4 Highland punters. We were all gutted for County, disappointed for guys on and off the pitch who had contributed to ICT in the past and extremely proud to see so many make the journey.

Our lives are not absorbed by hatred. We are not happy clappys. We love football, we love the Highlands and we have no problem saying so!

Edited by Sorted

One, mainly younger ones who crew up with ICT as a league team and were always, rightly, able to support their local team in the Scottish Football League.

Two, mainly older ones who crew up supporting a "big" team as there was no league football and went to support their "wee" team in the Highland League. When ICT got into the league, and for some only when the climbed into the first division and on, a lot of guys switch there allegiance and focused solely on ICT.

Category One tends to include the OFesque hatred approach of all things non ICT, fails to appreciate that other people can enjoy other football that may be seen as conflicting with their views and suffers from a severe superiority complex as "we are better supporters than you cos wee hate County/Elgin/Anyone not ICT".

Category Two does not have the inbred OFesque disease and subsequently sees things differently. They can appreciate others being successful, enjoy good football and have lives that are not absorbed by hatred. Many of them can even support their neighbours in recognition that any success for the Highlands benefits their team and helps get rid of the myth promoted by the central belt media that we are a footballing backwater.

For the record, 12 of us went to the game, 6 ST holders at ICT, 2 ST holders at ICT and RCFC and 4 Highland punters. We were all gutted for County, disappointed for guys on and off the pitch who had contributed to ICT in the past and extremely proud to see so many make the journey.

Our lives are not absorbed by hatred. We are not happy clappys. We love football, we love the Highlands and we have no problem saying so!

tokelyvictorious 17

harry chibber 26

topsixnextyear 30ish

IHE 50 odd

Smee 70 odd

all hate the C*unty.

were you wearing their colours and singing their songs out of curiousity??

No, he went with his actual Boyfriend, he just uses me :lol: when they fall out. :lol:

I couldn't make it... me and Foran were out having a picnic in Queens Park

I think there are another 2 catagories as well.

no1 is folk who have moved into the area and want to see a game and will probably support ict most of the time but will watch county from time to time. Before anyone jumps down my throat I am aware this is not everyone who has moved here and in fact some of our staunchest (not sure if Ive spelt that right!) are new folk to the highlands/inverness.

then there is folk like me who have supported Caley, in my case, or Thistle in others since they were young, through the highland league and through the merger and ICT is still that team just in a different form.I never had a big team so Caley/ict were not my wee team they were and always will be my team.So the rivalries have been around for a long time so would perhaps go to hampden as a neutral and enjoy the day but would not actively support pur near neighbours.My life is not absorbed by hatred and as previously stated each to their own but I personally would not have gone and supported county but could have perhaps enjoyed a good day out as a neutral wantching the game.there is also a difference between banter and hatred sorted.

Edited by old caley girl

I actually went to the game and was in the Dundee Utd end and at first I was going down to support them but I did realise that County did amazing to get to the final and how much I would love to get to a Scottish Cup final. It was also some amazing effort to get near 20,000 fans going down to support them, glory hunters or not and again I would love it if we could muster 20,000 to support us, fans coming from all over the highlands to support them and it was wierd seeing County colours everywhere in Glasgow city centre. When I was at the game I actually found myself wanting County to win and was willing them to score and for Dundee Utd's attacks to come to nothing, I would have liked to see them at least score for thier fans sake.

I'd rather put money cash toward buying a new top or ST than have given it to county and utd. Utd will get enough cash out of me this coming season having to pay to get in to tannadump. Remember - we'll be up against them and contributing financially to their cause is, IMVHO, detracting from our own. In the grand scale of things, County, to me, really are irrelevant.

Yes, Caley Thistle Supporters and Gy**ies. :001:

I do not hate County fans. I admire any Scottish football supporter who does not follow the Old Firm.

But this does nor stop me being delighted that County were put firmly in theri place by a quite ordinary Dundee United Team on Saturday.

I've got no problems with county fans. Fair play to the folk who follow them week in, week out. I don't like those who glory hunt by following the infirm. Especially the ones who are local and sit in the north stand 'supporting' them when we play them.

tokelyvictorious 17

harry chibber 26

topsixnextyear 30ish

IHE 50 odd

Smee 70 odd

all hate the C*unty.

were you wearing their colours and singing their songs out of curiousity??

No, he went with his actual Boyfriend, he just uses me :001: when they fall out. :argue:

I couldn't make it... me and Foran were out having a picnic in Queens Park

Never have worn colours at a match as never felt the need. Does this make me any less fanatical? As for the songs, they only have one and no I didn't join in.

Can't believe your 26!

Edited by Sorted

Never have worn colours at a match as never felt the need. Does this make me any less fanatical? As for the songs, they only have one and no I didn't join in.

Can't believe your 26!

I'm sure the unedited version was better

Me..........70.......try BORN in 1970....fook sake mun! :001:

:argue: