FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

I.C.T fans going to Hampden. Why?

Ross County- Shame of the Highlands B)

What a disgracefull performance in a cup final in front of their die-hard fans :lol:

They certainly were not nearly as good as the side that played us the first couple of times. Stagefright, I suspect.

tbh I am a little disappointed, not that they lost, but that they didn't turn up. On the other hand, their winning would have been unbearable.

Added bonus of a giruy Barrowload!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've supported the Caley fer manys a year

And I've spent all my money on whisky and beer

But this year I'm rejoicing like most years before

Cos we never will play the Ross County no more

And its No nay never :blink: :D :D :lol:

**** you Gypos - You never won the Cup

And what do the Adams family do - play Barrow Boy and Woodentop to rescue the game :lol::lol::lol:

Best TV entertainment in years :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've supported the Caley fer manys a year

And I've spent all my money on whisky and beer

But this year I'm rejoicing like most years before

Cos we never will play the Ross County no more

And its No nay never :blink: :D :D :lol:

**** you Gypos - You never won the Cup

And what do the Adams family do - play Barrow Boy and Woodentop to rescue the game :lol::lol::lol:

Best TV entertainment in years :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:D

Was quite a damp squid today, after all the hype, and all the banter. Glory hunters got what they deserved, poor game really, County just did nt play, didnt turn up, atmosphere on the tv was very very poor for a cup final. Started watching it hoping they were going to get humped heavily, as it progressed and after a bore first half united kind of took the game with more urgency. When they went 2-0 up, found myself smug but all of a sudden felt a wave of pity and hoped they might at least get a decent shot at goal. So be it they didnt, and they were terrible. But where wwere those players who DID play so well against Celtic. Think the occassion must have got to them, only pluses today would be Brittain and a few of the defenders.

Would we sign any of them on todays showing though, a couple of them might make the squad now, but i do still like the look of Richard Brittain.

Not long back from the final. It's the first Scottish Cup Final I've been to in 20 years. I went not bothered who won. As it happened, the Arabs were worthy winners.

I guess in the eyes of many here that if somebody offers me a ticket for the World Cup Final they will be horrified if I go because Scotland won't be in it. Perhaps I might get an invite to the Champions League Final next week and, if I go, will be condemned because ICT ain't in it. What nonsense!

Interesting that its been mentioned here- the likes of me, who wanted County to lose today, do not understand the mentality of Highland football.

As I said in the other thread, the ICT fans I've come across who were supporting Ross County today, all hail from a generation where there was a perceived barrier between the Highlands and the Rest of Scotland. Having spent a hell of alot more time living outside of Inverness than within it this past 10 years (I'm 27), I can assure those 'Highlands' supporters that the boundary between you and the rest of the world only exists in your head, any solidarity you feel with other Highlanders when faced with going 'down South' is not reflected down here.

I suspect having that mentality has nothing to do with the Highlands Football history and more to do with the fact you were raised in a non-digital era, where the low population of the Highlands made it unattractive for the media to report on anything that was going on and served only to re enforce the belief that the Highlands in some way were persecuted.

Right now I can read about the the live fire zones in the Bangkok protests, what my flatmate had for dinner and find out what a shemale and a dwarf get upto when theres a camera's rolling... big world out there, I've room in my life for ICT and nae other football team. F**k the Ross County fans who laughed when we got relegated and f**k the Highlands that does very little for almost all of its inhabitants, I've no time for either.

Interesting that its been mentioned here- the likes of me, who wanted County to lose today, do not understand the mentality of Highland football.

As I said in the other thread, the ICT fans I've come across who were supporting Ross County today, all hail from a generation where there was a perceived barrier between the Highlands and the Rest of Scotland. Having spent a hell of alot more time living outside of Inverness than within it this past 10 years (I'm 27), I can assure those 'Highlands' supporters that the boundary between you and the rest of the world only exists in your head, any solidarity you feel with other Highlanders when faced with going 'down South' is not reflected down here.

I suspect having that mentality has nothing to do with the Highlands Football history and more to do with the fact you were raised in a non-digital era, where the low population of the Highlands made it unattractive for the media to report on anything that was going on and served only to re enforce the belief that the Highlands in some way were persecuted.

Right now I can read about the the live fire zones in the Bangkok protests, what my flatmate had for dinner and find out what a shemale and a dwarf get upto when theres a camera's rolling... big world out there, I've room in my life for ICT and nae other football team. F**k the Ross County fans who laughed when we got relegated and f**k the Highlands that does very little for almost all of its inhabitants, I've no time for either.

:huh: :025:

Right, here's my take on events. I placed money on county to win today. 6-1 seemed like good odds. I watched the game in town (Edinburgh) in walkabout wearing a caley top. I then went out with a pal and one of his mates tonght to a gig - Charlie and the bhoys. Needless to say, and I won't have to explain, it was a celtic fc fest. Now, I'll make it clear, I didn't buy a ticket for this. I was paid in by aforementioned friend (who is a hibbee for the record). Moment of the night? Going outside for a smoke. 3 Celtic fans are chatting. I end up listening in to their conversation. Line of conversation? "I fu*king hate that supercaleygoballistic headline, I really fu*king hate it". Smugly, wearing my ICT top (under a fleece I'll hasten to add) went back inside. After about 10 minutes, I couldn't really take anymore and left the venue with my mate. The same punters were still outside. Needless to say, I couldn't resist unzipping my fleece for the perfect GIRFUY moment at them.

My point is, no matter what county do from now on, they will be forever in our shadow. They will be forever the wee team in the Highlands. They will, no matter what anyone says, be a mere feeder club to us. The infamous, great, ICTFC.

It sickened me to see the sign wishing Ross County luck. They could atleast just put a wee reminder on it that we are the Champions!

ha ha, should have said:

"ICT (your SPL neighbours) wishes you a fun dayout" :huh:

I reckon if you asked any County fan whether they would rather have won the league or got to the Cup Final almost unanimously they would have said the league. That's the biggest point, today it's over for them, it's a memory now, but we are still enjoying our achievement and looking forward to the SPL again.

Whoever it was that said they don't see them as rivals anymore is probably right. I was totally underwhelmed by the derby games this season as I saw Dundee as our main challengers. We've simply moved a few stages ahead of County, the games against them in the early years were passionate and exciting because both teams were fighting for who would reach the top levels first. We won that race and only proved it again by winning the league again.

Whilst I wasn't at Hampden supporting them, I wouldn't have grudged them the victory yesterday. As it is I'm a wee bit relieved they didn't win but the main point is I'm not that bothered either way what County do.

Not long back from the final. It's the first Scottish Cup Final I've been to in 20 years. I went not bothered who won. As it happened, the Arabs were worthy winners.

I guess in the eyes of many here that if somebody offers me a ticket for the World Cup Final they will be horrified if I go because Scotland won't be in it. Perhaps I might get an invite to the Champions League Final next week and, if I go, will be condemned because ICT ain't in it. What nonsense!

If someone offered me a ticket for the World Cup Final and it involved England V anyone. I would accept the ticket and hope/pray that England got humped! If I was offered a ticket for the County V United final I would politely decline. Was it comfortable sitting among fans of County who may be singing e.g LET'S ALL LAUGH AT CALEY?

If I was offered a ticket for the Champions League Final I would accept it big time!

Just out of interest: What teams were playing in the final 20 years ago? Who did you support or were you neutral? Did someone offer you a ticket?

Edited by collectiveaction