FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alan Morgan

Yngwie

I noticed that our former left midfielder has signed for Junior side Musselburgh Athletic, and thought it was a bit sad, and quite unusual, that aged 26 he has dropped so far so fast.

It actually got worse when I realised that this move was actually a step up for him, having been at Musselburgh Amateur FC last season - less than 2 years after he was playing for us at Ibrox in the SPL.

He left us in January 2008 for an unsuccessful spell at Killie, who loaned him out for an unsuccessful spell at St Johnstone, before releasing him. He then had an unsuccessful spell at Stenhousemuir.

It's a bit of a shame, because there were signs of talent when he was with us and he had a damn good left foot when it came to set pieces. I think he might have been hampered by injury problems, in addition to his inherent lack of pace and effort.

Good luck to him anyway.

Very nice guy and was a player of great potential with a sweet left peg but just never managed to stay fit, very sad to see him drop out of professional football but wish him all the best for the future