FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ink

Jay_7

OK after telling top six next year that I wasn't going to post this, I've decided I may as well!

Here's my tattoo I got yesterday:

post-1923-070084600 1283693177_thumb.jpg

Over to the masses to post theirs!

Edited by Jay_7
  • Agree 10

It's very well done Jay 7.

However, my dad once showed me the large tattoo on his forearm, which I think he had done in the army before he went into the trenches in France in the 1st World War, saying "I wish I had not done that". He was about fifty-ish at the time.

As a machine gun sergeant in the frontline trenches at the age of 17 or 18 he perhaps must have been trying to assert his manhood in the face of th fear that all of these poor blighters must have felt in that terrible slaughter. Obviousl, being that rank at such a young age , there must have been a good few before him that never made it! However, he was lucky and got out of the conflict relatively unscathed but his soldier colleague crouching beside him got a bullet through his forehead. And that was the only time he ever discussed the First World War and his role in it. However, I did find an iron cross in the bedroom cupboard as a teenager so that in itself made the shivers go up and down my spine. Then I just wondered what it was or represented.For him , it was just the luck of the draw I guess. :blush:

Have another green dot Jay.

Like DoofersDad I'd be scared of what Mrs Mantis would say. My son is about your age and got one a couple of years back in the same spot. Talking of spots, I thought a computer geek like you would have cloned out that zit :tongue:

Edited by TheMantis

Talking of spots, I thought a computer geek like you would have cloned out that zit :tongue:

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone brought it up! :laugh:

Thanks for all the good feedback about the tattoo though people - much appreciated!

Edited by Jay_7

Veeeery nice. Must of been hoorna sore to get that done.

The first few lines just feel like scratches. The blue shading is the worst though because the needle needs to keep going over the same parts over and over again. After it was done it feels a bit like a burn wound (or sunburn) for a few days. Now it just feels normal, and the dead, damaged skin is peeling off.

Edited by Jay_7

post-3910-028798700 1285196684_thumb.jpe

That is one i am considering

post-3910-059528700 1285196693_thumb.jpg

Thats my Dad's one which is my 2nd option

post-3910-006300100 1285196702_thumb.jpg

This is going on the back of my neck

post-3910-090612700 1285196711_thumb.jpg

not sure about getting this but if i did, then along my back