FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Rangers -V- I.C.T.

Scotty

I presume McGregor probably started moving off his line, so Hayes didn't do the normal thing of cutting it back. Perhaps he should have but I can't really blame him.

Is it just me or does Adam Rooney look a real player? I don't mean a decent lower end of the SPL player but if Goodwillie is the best young Scottish talent outside the OF, then Rooney looks a more complete player. His holding up play is spot on, plus he scores. The sky's the limit.

Yeh I agree about Adam! He's been getting on top of and been bulying defenders recently. Just hope we can hold on to him!

Edited by JohnnyHayesMessiah
  • Agree 1

Interesting stat...................................

Our away form is often discussed, but

tonights SPL table shows that every one of the top five

Teams has won more matches playing away than they

have at home.

Another interesting stat

We're the only team with 3 players in the top 15 scorers.

BBC

My poor niece near ended up in tears when we scored. Not through joy, but from the fright of the shout I let out :lol:

I've been saying all week that we would take something from this game and despite going a goal down I was still confident that we were playing well enough to rescue a result.....isn't it great to have that belief in your team!!!

Excellent call on Jim Traynor's "Your Call" from Jimmy in Inverness, who said everything I was wanting to say on that programme, but couldn't get through.

He was absolutely right to suggest that Walter never gave ICT any credit for their performance today - also that the pressure the OF put the refs under has become totally unacceptable. Also Traynor and the Beeb seem to forget that their programme is broadcast the length and breadth of Scotland and not everyone is obsessed with what happens in Weegieland.

Does anyone know who "Jimmy" in Inverness is?

• Agree 1

Excellent call on Jim Traynor's "Your Call" from Jimmy in Inverness, who said everything I was wanting to say on that programme, but couldn't get through.

He was absolutely right to suggest that Walter never gave ICT any credit for their performance today - also that the pressure the OF put the refs under has become totally unacceptable. Also Traynor and the Beeb seem to forget that their programme is broadcast the length and breadth of Scotland and not everyone is obsessed with what happens in Weegieland.

Does anyone know who "Jimmy" in Inverness is?

Smith never does. Many Rangers managers, fans and players are self-righteous tawts. Traynor obviously plays to his listenership.

I have no problem with Hayes having a go as he has been scoring these attempts recently.

Just in from the game and wow Rangers should feel relieved with a point. We played absolutely brilliantly from the first minute to the last and we really showed that we were there not just to get a point but to try and get all three. We passed the ball brilliantly and at times it was hard to tell that we were the promoted team and that they were the Scottish Champions. Not one player let themselves down and i hate picking out one player for particular praise but young Shinnie at left back...take a bow. I can't recall one time in the entire match where Davis, first half, or Naismith in the second half took him on and got past him. He looked so comfortable and his distribution was brilliant. Munro and Tokely defended brilliantly and that dreaded long ball didn't appear at any stage in the afternoon. I could go on singing the praises of the team all night!

Terry and Mo are clearly building something special at our club and it's brilliant to be a part of it. The support this afternoon was brilliant with everyone joining in the singing and banter. The players definitely respond to that and it was great to see the players come to the fans at the end of the game and show appreciation for the support they received.

Great point and in my view we were very unlucky not to get all three. Fantastic game.

• Agree 8

Macdonalds eh? I suppose they can have one a season.

Reminds me of a quote from Arsene Wenger once when he talked about what players eat or consume and how important it was in relation to a professional footballer or sportsoman and the fact that "you wouldn't think of putting diesel in a sports car"