FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods to Barnsley??

kencar

Apparently Championship side Barnsley are quite interested in him.

He was watched on Saturday and will be watched again against St Mirren.

The question is would the club make him honour his contract till May or let him go for a nominal fee in January. Arguably he'd get a big hike in wages moving down there

Partly the reason he is leaving ICT is because Darren and his girlfriend want to start a family, and want to do it in their Edinburgh home.

Barnsley is pretty far away from Edinburgh I think. Unless the wage increase tempts his gfriend to upsticks...

Guest kingkojak

id be pleased for dods if a championship side came in for him.  wouldnt be so chuffed if he moved to one of our rivals though!

Say or think what you like about Bobby off the park - and I know many have issues with him for things he has been alleged to have said or done -  but on the park he was one of the best defenders we have ever had.

I concede that we will never know whether he could have done it in an ICT shirt in the SPL week in and week out but he made vital tackles, marshalled the players and was one of very few players we have had who could turn defence into attack with an accurate 60 yard pass right to one of our players feet.

Guest kingkojak

Dont think Mrs Mann would let him come back. Not after her wine fuelled posts when he left us :015: :015:

:010: :015:  i was only a fairweather ICT fan at the time - never heard anything about this -  please elaborate !!

It was hilarious.  A few people on the forum were slagging him off for going etc etc.  She had oviously been getting wound up by the posts and after a few glasses of wine one night she just couldn't hold back.  A fantastic post, which was quickly picked up by the press.  I can't imagine Mr Mann would have been to happy with her.  :015: :015: :015:

Caff can easily fill the void

I'm not so confident, mind you I haven't been able to make it to any reserve matches so no doubt I'd have a better idea from that.  Even if Caff did the job for us at centre half we will still need cover for him and I think CC will be looking for cover in right back also, all the reserve game line ups I've seen we seem to end up playing Soane at the back due to our lack of options.

Could be a good move for Dods at this stage in his career.  I've been trying to work out who the nearest team to me is that Barnsley will play, so that I can go with my Caley scarf etc and support him, should he go.  I'd be happy with Caff as replacement.  I don't think you can turn the clock back and  get Bobby Mann back, much as I admired him when he was wuth us.  However, I hope we are all jumping to false conclusions and that Dods stays with us as a vital part of our drive to maintain a top 6 place.

I was one of those who was not pleased with Dods when the season started and felt he should be dropped over the Brewster/DUFC link and the talk of him going / wanting to go ....

HOWEVER: I can happily eat humble pie on this one and admit that after a rocky few games to start the season he is still giving 100% for the cause so whatever he decides (stay at ICT (hopefully), move to another club nearer home, move to Championship) come the window or the end of the season I will wish him well and thank him for his contribution to ICT.

I would be very happy to see Bobby Mann return in the event of Dods leaving. He coped well enough with the SPL at Dundee and has at least a couple of good years in him as a central defender if he can keep his weight in check.

It could be argued that he helped guide Dundee into Div 1.....

What do you think Hielandee?

Bobby Mann was our best player by a country mile last season and is still performing solidly week in and out,and is fitter now than a couple of years back when he arrived.Could he hold his own back in the ICT team?Probably ,but yer no gettin him back!!

Darren Dods is saying he wants to move closer to home and Barnsley is even further away from Edinburgh than inverness so I don't think he'll go

Darren Dods is saying he wants to move closer to home and Barnsley is even further away from Edinburgh than inverness so I don't think he'll go

Admirable opinion but highly unlikely.

He would be offered a much, much higher wage and be playing in inarguably a better league, surely to much to resist in the twilight of his career

Guest eriboll

I also have a chunk of humble pie to swallow as I thought he was rubbish at start of season but now like all the others - Fantastic. If he decides to move I will wish him the best but I pray he stays.

To be where we are in league at the moment is brilliant and I hope they can keep it up - difficult as it will be.

The comeback against Falkirk and the excitement and noise of our supporters had to be seen to be believed.

At 2-0 down, a man infront of us was shouting ATTACK, ATTACK and all of us were cringing -  by the end we were all shouting it - so well done that man ( he had to move from his seat at the start so a photo could be taken of a honeymoon couple ) - what a start to married life. :022: