FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Simple Minds and Big Country

L_G

I assume that Mike Peters from The Alarm will continue to replace try and emulate Stuart Adamson in the frontman role?

Having said that, pretty good price for a couple of iconic Scottish bands that were up there on the world stage for a while.

I think i read somewhere that The Alarm are playing their own shows this summer. I did wonder on who would take over singing dduties for Big COuntry. I really think that they should have called it a day in their case to be honest....still...it would be good to hear the music live again.

We always hoped that ICT could get extra income from events at the stadium so I'm curious why it seems some way down the pecking order, with Cawdor seeming to be CK Events' venue of choice, and now the NMP being chosen for this one in Inverness itself.

On the footballing front critics often say that TCS is too expensive and lacks atmosphere, does the same apply for it as a concert venue?!

We always hoped that ICT could get extra income from events at the stadium so I'm curious why it seems some way down the pecking order, with Cawdor seeming to be CK Events' venue of choice, and now the NMP being chosen for this one in Inverness itself.

On the footballing front critics often say that TCS is too expensive and lacks atmosphere, does the same apply for it as a concert venue?!

Maybe....coz of the limits of the capacity, its fine for concerts, where they can charge ?70-?80 per ticket and cover the costs of renting the park, but Simple Minds gig is only ?36, so a lot less margins and profit in this gig, so less money to fork out on venue

Whilst CK events has extremely strong ties to ICT through its managing partners, it is an independent company not an ICT business and therefore cannot be dependent on a single venue that may or may not be appropriate for the concert they are promoting.

In my opinion, the stadium will always be up there in terms of preferred venues but it wont be the venue for everything .... I think the main reasons for that have also been covered - ticket cost, profitability, expected crowd numbers, and cost to make sure pitch is back to pristine condition .....

The damage caused to the playing surface can be expensive and I doubt many organisers can guarantee reinstating it to tip top condition.

Penalties for damage are hefty and organisers are fully responsible. However, due to the material they lay down over the pitch then damage is practically non existent. It's like an egg carton type shape on the underside, which spreads the load but permits a certain amount of air to remain which prevents the grass dying as quick as it would if you just put down a flat sheet. When the flooring was removed from TCS last year you would have been hard pushed to notice that a few thousand people had been prancing all over the pitch the night before.

I think i read somewhere that The Alarm are playing their own shows this summer. I did wonder on who would take over singing dduties for Big COuntry. I really think that they should have called it a day in their case to be honest....still...it would be good to hear the music live again.

Mike Peters will be fronting Big Country for all their tour dates this year. SMEE, The Alarm have a UK tour in May. The rest of the time Peters will be with BC and the others in the line-up are all original members. The line-up:

Tony Butler - Bass Guitar and Vocals

Mark Brzezicki - Drums and Vocals

Mike Peters - Vocals and Guitar

Bruce Watson - Guitar and Vocals

Jamie Watson - Guitar

I've heard on more than one occasion recently that the big name at TCS this summer will be Tom Jones. Could be a load of rubbish of course...... the story, not Tom Jones that is.

I've heard on more than one occasion recently that the big name at TCS this summer will be Tom Jones. Could be a load of rubbish of course...... the story, not Tom Jones that is.

Werent there rumours last year saying it was to be Paul McCartney? I would say...if TCS was good enuff for Elton John And Rod Stewart...it would certainly be good enuff for Tom Jones.

BUT....that sed....i think that the Simple Minds/Big Country gig will be the big summer offering from CK events this summer