FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A Caley Thistle masters team?

AJS

Was watching the Northern Masters football on Sky Sports and noticed Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Mirren all had a masters team and it got me thinking that we would be more than capable of getting a great team together.

Calder, Christie, Wilson, Mann, Wyness, Sheerin, Golie, McBain, Bingham, Ritchie, Keogh, Hastings the list is near endless of a great team we would be able to create, seen alot of those guys playing recently and many of them still play to a capacity and are in great nick. Would be great to see some of them playing alongside each other again.

• Agree 2

This suggestion seems to crop up annually...

Whilst I agree that it'd be great to see an ICT team, I very much doubt the club would organise a team unfortunately. We never seem to be that quick off the mark with these kind of events.

We also get the annual ICT fans v. Legends charity match suggestion, which again is easy to set up and promote... yet the club don't bother with it either. I had a fantastic experience 2 weeks ago captaining Scotland at Hampden, scoring in a 3-1 win for a football aid charity match. Incredibly well run and great to score on the Hampden pitch whilst playing with the likes of Scott Booth and Pat Nevin.

County even managed to run a successful charity match from what I remember!? :irritated:

This suggestion seems to crop up annually...

Whilst I agree that it'd be great to see an ICT team, I very much doubt the club would organise a team unfortunately. We never seem to be that quick off the mark with these kind of events.

We also get the annual ICT fans v. Legends charity match suggestion, which again is easy to set up and promote... yet the club don't bother with it either. I had a fantastic experience 2 weeks ago captaining Scotland at Hampden, scoring in a 3-1 win for a football aid charity match. Incredibly well run and great to score on the Hampden pitch whilst playing with the likes of Scott Booth and Pat Nevin.

County even managed to run a successful charity match from what I remember!? :irritated:

I discussed this with a person at the club a couple of years ago. the problem we have is cost. It takes a fair bit of cash to run a Masters team and the club haven't got it. If I win the lottery I'll sponsor one.

why not a highland masters? caley county clach and elgin or something,all to raise funds for the highland football academy or something

We can't do that because we'd be rubbish. Need to keep it ICT. If St Mirren etc can manage to field a masters team then i don't understand why we can't.

Have been reading over Masters Football website and it would appear that teams dont enter off their own back. It seems that the teams are selected based on their league position and location in relation to the venues. In efect the only way ICT will be entered is if we finish top two or three in our SPL. Players chosen tend to be those who have taken part in a legends or veterans team for their respective club. (Think it may have been Legends football and not Masters that I mentioned in previous post) So before too much discussion goes on about the why's and why nots of us having a team bear in mind that we can't choose Masters. They choose us. Website here