FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jamie Stevenson

Libero

he is to be told today whether he has earned a contract or not

Personally i havent seen him play so cant really comment

What about anyone that has seen him play in friendlies so far? Worth a deal?

Cant comment on if he is good enough or not but he has been with us since the start of pre season and with the departure of Duff i can see him being given a year with us.

Nothing against him but I would have hoped we could find someone better, as I can't see him being anything more than a squad player this season. We need players who will improve out first team.

One thing that helps his chances of getting a contract though is that he will be very affordable.

He played central midfield beside Tansey at Aldershot and I fel that he put in a decnt shift. He can pass a ball and appears to have the pace if not the bulk. IMHO he is worth holding on to although that was the only real time that I have seen him.

Thought Tansey looked better at Aldershot too.

I too thought that Stevenson was not too bad against Aldershot, although he was hooked at half time.

That'll be why I dont remember him playing, I didn't sober up until half time.

Jamie Stevenson will not be offered a contract according to todays Inverness Courier

The article also says that Butcher is keen to add a defender, central midfielder and striker to the squad

A boost on the playing front as well in that Tade is pushing to be fit for this Saturdays SPL opener as well as Sutherland and fellow new signing Billy McKay

One trialist who will not be signing for Caley Thistle, however, is midfielder Jamie Stevenson. The 27-year-old featured in the matches against Yeovil and Aldershot, but Butcher has decided not to take his interest in the former Airdrie United player any further.

Butcher keen to add a defender (Grant Munro?) and central midfielder (Russell Duncan?) and a striker. Surely be releasing those 2 he caused himself more problems than he fixed if thats the case.

I agree in a way, if we had held onto Grant and Russell then we would have a settled team going into the new season. New players always take time to gel with the team

It all comes down to whether he can replace them with better players

Cant comment on if he is good enough or not but he has been with us since the start of pre season and with the departure of Duff i can see him being given a year with us.

is that duff defo gone?

The contract offered to him last week was withdrawn.