FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Before the window closes ?

I've just been looking at Celtic's squad on their website. They have soo many players the likes of O' Dea is probably about their seventh choice centre half. I recon some Celtic loanees would be a good piece of business.

Yeh i remembered he couldnt settle for something specific, couldnt remember what it was.

But in saying that given his current situation he may be prepared to make the treck North in order to get a wage.

IIRC Craig Brewster was looking at him before he got the sack. From what I remember, he said he going to Hamilton instead and then changed his mind and went somewhere else (Leicester perhaps?), despite giving Billy Reid his word. When he eventually did go to Hamilton, he played three games (but not very well apparently) and then decided he wanted away. Something to do with his American girlfriend being unable to settle in Glasgow I think was what prompted it. I see he has also since been on trial in America with Chicago Fire but they didn't want him. Can't see him coming here to be honest.

Saw Gavin Rae is still without a club and he is touting himself to both MLS and Oz in a bid to find a new club. He was willing to join Aberdeen before they backed out (not sure what the script was) and if he was willing to come North he might not turn his nose up at ICT. Bags of experience, both in the championship and SPL. Could probably play the holding role most comfortably.

No idea what he'd be after wage wise but if it's football he's after, then that might not be a huge issue.

With the mighty Brum possibley hiting the wall, we should see about maybe picking up that Red head last Adam Boosee or somthing like that........ He'll be free to good home surly.

Saw Gavin Rae is still without a club and he is touting himself to both MLS and Oz in a bid to find a new club. He was willing to join Aberdeen before they backed out (not sure what the script was) and if he was willing to come North he might not turn his nose up at ICT. Bags of experience, both in the championship and SPL. Could probably play the holding role most comfortably.

No idea what he'd be after wage wise but if it's football he's after, then that might not be a huge issue.

Given our lack of experience in midfield, he is exactly the sort of player we could do with, but from what Aberdeen suppporters have suggested, it sounds like it was his wage demands led Aberdeen to drop their interest, so that would rule us out too.

Allegedly Terry likes canaries with a European royal house of Welsh origin that ruled the Kingdom of England and its realms.

Oh, and Fleetwood Town are Duff.

He's one of 6 players told by Norwich to find a new club.

(And well done ictrmd - when I first read tm4tj's post I just thought he'd been on the weed again)

Edited by Yngwie

In terms of numbers i would say we are in need of about 5 more players.

Ideally 2 new center backs, a winger, an experienced center mid and a striker.

Also along with Tudor Jones, noitced Stephen Hughes is surplus to requirments at Norwich. Would love to have him at ICT.

Edited by ajsict92

I don't see that we'll be getting two new centre-backs, leaving Tokely (who played much of last year as an SPL centre-back), Aldred and Meekings on the bench, alongside Proctor. ICT don't have that sort of cash, plus is there much better out there for the same money?

Also, another winger? Doran and Hayes must be first choice, so buying one in means dropping one of them. Can't see that happening. A back-up? Well, they'd have to be better than Ross, Sutherland, Tade, Foran and G./A.Shinnie, just as adaptable and cheap. Again, not easy to find.

Few have seen Mackay but there's your striker, alongside Sutherland, Foran and Tade, with A.Shinnie also being played up there. So again, he has to be better but at least as cheap. If he can find someone, great, but that's going to be tough.

I would have thought a central defender and a defensive midfielder (maybe even the same player) to be priorities. Then, if a gem comes up that's cheap, get him in too but it's not gonna be easy to find.

All-in-all, I'm really just expecting a defensive midfielder to come in for a first-team start. Succeed-or-fail, this is Butcher's team. Can't see him bringing in players then ditching them straight away.

I don't see that we'll be getting two new centre-backs, leaving Tokely (who played much of last year as an SPL centre-back), Aldred and Meekings on the bench, alongside Proctor. ICT don't have that sort of cash, plus is there much better out there for the same money?

Also, another winger? Doran and Hayes must be first choice, so buying one in means dropping one of them. Can't see that happening. A back-up? Well, they'd have to be better than Ross, Sutherland, Tade, Foran and G./A.Shinnie, just as adaptable and cheap. Again, not easy to find.

Few have seen Mackay but there's your striker, alongside Sutherland, Foran and Tade, with A.Shinnie also being played up there. So again, he has to be better but at least as cheap. If he can find someone, great, but that's going to be tough.

I would have thought a central defender and a defensive midfielder (maybe even the same player) to be priorities. Then, if a gem comes up that's cheap, get him in too but it's not gonna be easy to find.

All-in-all, I'm really just expecting a defensive midfielder to come in for a first-team start. Succeed-or-fail, this is Butcher's team. Can't see him bringing in players then ditching them straight away.

So Grant Munro and Russell Duncan? :tongue:

The new Dods (how many years did it take to replace him???)

We haven't replaced him with anyone as good but we've at least brought in decent cover over the years. All the talk will go away when these two holes are filled I'm sure.