FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

world cup qualifying

lukemackay

so scotland have croatia, belgium, serbia, macedonia and wales

who else is confident we could be packing our bags and heading for brazil in 3 years??

I'm not. I can't see the Scotland team qualifying for anything for a long time.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

so scotland have croatia, belgium, serbia, macedonia and wales

who else is confident we could be packing our bags and heading for brazil in 3 years??

I'm not. I can't see the Scotland team qualifying for anything for a long time.

you seem very pesimistic about most things today

• Agree 1

When I saw that Wales was the diddy team in our group, with Macedonia the next "easiest", I thought here we go, it'll be Spain, France, Argentina and Barcelona next, but the rest of the draw was actually pretty good for us.

From top to bottom it's about as even a group as you can get, and all the teams will take points off each other. Anything could happen.

Edited by Yngwie

Of all the groups we could have got this is probably the best we could have hoped for, with another year together hopefully we can improve and see what happens. When it comes to Scotland though I never get optimistic at anything as you just never know, we would beat teams like Italy and France but get beat by the Faroe Islansa, that's what gets to me about the national team.

If we play to our best in every game I see no reason why we can't come close or even go that bit better although I some what doubt we can do it over ten games. At least we're in a group of 6 and not the usual group of 5 we normally get.

Whatever group we were going to end up in - its just too hard to believe that our nation will be there in Brazil - will it not be the usual glorious failure ,we`ll see - i`m not a Levein fan either - however if somehow the dream could come true- wow- can we charter the old QE2 !!

I was hoping for Greece but this might turn out to be even better. I'm going to keep my kilt in Athens and buy a season ticket for the Balkan Express. We could win this group and we could finish bottom of this group. The group also has the potential to cause serious problems in the chain of wooded mountains, and as sad as that fact is, it may be our best hope of qualification.

A small confession here. I've just been checking for rooms in Rio for June 2014. Chic Young says he's going to retire at the end of this World Cup, and that alone is worth celebrating.

Culduthel I green dotted you as I agree with the sentiment (even though I had to fix your quote :thumbup: ). You too Rene.

Sorry you young lads, can't fault your optimism, but anybody who is old enough to remember Argentina 1978 is scarred for life :laugh:

Edited by TheMantis

one thing i couldnt believe was that greece and their star striker SAMARAS!!!!!!!!!!! were in pot 1 if that can happen who knows how high we can get

Do remember though did they did qualify for the last World Cup and did win the Euros in 2004.

Culduthel I green dotted you as I agree with the sentiment (even though I had to fix your quote :thumbup: ). You too Rene.

Sorry you young lads, can't fault your optimism, but anybody who is old enough to remember Argentina 1978 is scarred for life :laugh:

Thanks for fixing Mantis.

Argentina 1978 - we never did get our money back!