FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Does the league table lie

12th Man

Yes

I wont be looking at league tables for a while,whether its recent form or all matches tables.The table isnt really telling the truth at the minute.

I would say its far more important to physically and mentally prepare for each match than be stressed about numbers on a table.

The team is now moving in the right direction,the fluidity is returning, the effort and commitment is there, its just going to take a while for a chart with numbers on it to start telling the truth but the preparation and application is far more important for now

• Agree 1

At 2-1 up on Saturday it was looking a lot better on the BBC website than it has for a while....but then back to earth with a bang....

Still think Hibs are the worst team in the league but the unbearable thing is that they have more points on the table....the league is tight but the important thing in the short term is to ensure that the gap between us and those above doesn't widen....

Cast minds back two years. To a time when we were fifteen points behind our nearest rivals. The teams we were up against then were as much on a par with us as we are now with the bottom eight clubs in SPL this season. In that season we finished the league above all else with twelve points to spare. There is no reason to think we cant start to climb this season and finish well up the table.

• Agree 3

No, it doesn't lie. With injuries, we've been unable to play with our first and second choice central defensive pairings. We've not had a defensive midfielder - the bedrock of the team - for the most part and there's rarely been a chance to play with wingers. Hence, we've struggled to score or keep a clean sheet. We've been rocked by late goals and some amateur defending, as well as bad decisions (that's still part-n-parcel of football).

But at this stage, it doesn't matter. The table doesn't lie now and it won't lie at the end of the season. ICT can only get better with hugely important players to come back. There's little chance, IMO, of us being down here come the end of season.

• Agree 1

Lets just say that the bottom line is that the team in 12th position at the end of the season goes down. In many ways we have almost deserved to be there as we have been all over the place so far this season. But there is now light breaking into the darkened ICT tunnel and I certainly expect us to start climbing up the league and with application, consistency and much needed luck - I dont think that we will be in the relegation league for too long. I feel that Dumbfarmlife will begin to drift just as Hamilton did. A performance at Killie, irrespective of the score, would prove that Well was not just yet another brief and reactive improvement and then I feel that we could take real advantage of Mr Lennon's woes. Wouldnt it be really nice to kick start our season, move up a wee distance from the bottom and get the ginger nyaff the sack on the same weekend.

at the end of the day the table can say what it likes..as long as by 5pm on the last day of the season we are not at the bottom of it i dont care

would love to have things wrapped up by then but being honest i would settle for a 4 point lead going into the last round of games right now

• Agree 1

yeah ino the league table is clearly having a wee joke... is it hell? we have been playing really good but the bottom line is we are bottom for a reason. Missing too many chances and being crap at the back.

yeah ino the league table is clearly having a wee joke... is it hell? we have been playing really good but the bottom line is we are bottom for a reason. Missing too many players and being unlucky at the back.

fixed it for ya donjo :twothumbsup:

Thought that Donjo and DonDOH were both accurate : We have been playing really good but the bottom line is we are bottom for a reason. Missing too many players, missing too many chances, being unlucky and being very suspect at the back.

But as ever the seer probably (hopefully) got it rite:

A performance at Killie, irrespective of the score, would prove that Well was not just yet another brief and reactive improvement and then I feel that we could take real advantage of Mr Lennon's woes. Wouldnt it be really nice to kick start our season, move up a wee distance from the bottom and get the ginger nyaff the sack on the same weekend.

Luck is a myth created for making excuses.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

"I believe life is a series of near misses. A lot of what we ascribe to luck is not luck at all. It's seizing the day and accepting responsibility for your future. It's seeing what other people don't see And pursuing that vision."

Luck is a myth created for making excuses.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

"I believe life is a series of near misses. A lot of what we ascribe to luck is not luck at all. It's seizing the day and accepting responsibility for your future. It's seeing what other people don't see And pursuing that vision."

"Keep out of the black and in the red, there's nothing in this game for two in a bed"

Edited by Sorted
  • Agree 1

As Tyler Durden once impresed upon me "How much can you know about yourself

if you've never been in a fight"

I find it so important now to be a role model and an inspiration. And I know that may sound strange to some people, but most important is my connection with my fellow posters and the connection that they breed with one another.

- Johndo MacKenzie

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1