FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Neil Lennon

Bronson

Photographic evidence!

Good to see Commons having a laugh about it, and the whole rumour just seemed too good to be true, but Mjallby's denial is one which makes suggests something probably did happen.

"I've not seen any bust-ups," as opposed to "There was no bust-up"

"They're too nice for that, our players." Aye, but what about the manager?

Edited by Yngwie

Is no-one going to say it? Really? Does it have to be me?

Alright then . . . Celtic narrowly avoided a humiliating defeat by scraping a 3-1 win against sub-standard foreign johnnies in Glasgow last night. Lennon looked a shocked and worried man as his tactics spectacularly failed to achieve the planned 0-3 loss that his team selection was destined for.

As he left the ground last night the embattled manager was overheard to mutter "I don't understand it . . . how did it manage to go so right?"

nanananana.gif

• Agree 1

Does Lennon want the Celtic managers job? I very much doubt it. Why? Well, their line-up tonight has a central defence of Majstorovic and Loovens, whilst their chief prompter is Samaras. He likes a challenge alright.

Samaras was outstanding for Celtic last night .

• 4 months later...

Apparently, it's all the ref's fault. Rangers dominating against 11, 10 and 9 men was all the ref's fault. Cha getting the wrong side of a player and putting his hand on his shoulder to pull him back was the ref's fault. Sure, Wallace went down easy but (unfortunately), that's the last 30 years of footie - I wish it would change but not just for one match. It might be debatable for a red card but with only the keeper in front of him (I don't buy that Cha would somehow have made up a yard within the penalty area or that Mulgrew was anywhere close to beating down a shot), it certainly looks like one to me.

As for Lennon thinking it was unfair that he was sent off for telling the ref he was poor, I would love for the ref to tell Lennon he got his selections all wrong. Give him advice on tactics and personnel selection. How do you think Lennon would take that? He'd be shouting for the ref to be sacked (again).

Yet another important game lost. I just don't see he's got that tactical nous about him to make a great manager. Put him in charge of a Motherwell or Inverness [shudder] and they'd be relegation candidates. The multi-millions are hiding inadequacies behind that scowling angry front.

• Agree 1

Agree with Starchief.

Lennon gets away with murder because of his 'anointed' standing within the Celtic support. Some of his decisions are absolutely baffling with the full back debacle yesterday another in a long line. He is to play for Cha's sending off, no one else. He picked him!

Edited by Sorted

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another important game lost. I just don't see he's got that tactical nous about him to make a great manager. Put him in charge of a Motherwell or Inverness [shudder] and they'd be relegation candidates. The multi-millions are hiding inadequacies behind that scowling angry front.

Ditto.

At the end of the game, li'l Neil chased after the referee to complain about both the weak penalty to Hearts and Celtic's offside goal.

Why do poor little Celts never get the breaks :doh: ?

If I was a Celtic fan, I would be thinking why isn't someone behind the scenes at Celtic taking Lennon aside and teaching him about how to handle himself with referees, how many other SPL or English Premier League managers would have run onto the pitch today? I think his demeanour leaves a lot to be desired and the longer he is there, the longer it will continue.

Lennon on twitter: Referee told players he though Wanyama handled.......feel so sorry for players and fans......I think its personal myself

Why on earth would you write that?! The SFA letter writers must be shaking their heads, knowing what the first job they have to do tomorrow morning is.............

If I was a Celtic fan, I would be thinking why isn't someone behind the scenes at Celtic taking Lennon aside and teaching him about how to handle himself with referees, how many other SPL or English Premier League managers would have run onto the pitch today? I think his demeanour leaves a lot to be desired and the longer he is there, the longer it will continue.

Lennon is only there because of the money behind Celtic!

How long would he last with any normal SPL side??.........................A month?