FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Neil Lennon

Bronson

Just watching the Interview with Alan Thompson, and he seems just as big a spherical object container. He's happy to take the benefit of the doubt for Hooper's goal but then says decisions cost them. If it hadn't been for that decision helping them, the Hearts penalty would be irrelevant.

Someone said on Radio 5 live that Lennon had retweeted a comment from a fan that it was time for Celtic to get out of the SPL and away from its corrupt officials. That presumably would be to England and to officials who give Man Utd yet another penalty for Young diving against his former club and Chelsea a goal that none of the Chelsea players even claimed had crossed the line. You're welcome to head South, Neil - but please take your cheating pals in blue with you when you go.

• Agree 2

Can not see anything in his complaints. Ledley had his arm in an unnatural position, blocked the shot, and then it hit Wanyama on the hand too. Celtic get an offside goal, ok it was marginal, but refs are against them. And their claim for a penalty, Websters arms were at his side and I thought it hit his ribs ( although I may be proved wrong about the ribs ).

Whats the complaint, that the ref gave it for Wanyamas hand ball and not Ledleys!!!!!!!

How long as the SFA bodies going to allow this man and his personal vedetta against the referres. Not once this season or last since he took over has he ever given another team credit for beating his side - its always a conspiracy against Celtic.

This is a man that himself, the SFA and his club need to take a long look at as his constant outbursts get media attention to a larger field than just here is Scotland and is doing nothing but harm to the reputation of the game (much like the situation with the other half of the OF)

What a complete and utter f***y!

I hear that after the cup semi final defeat and latest conspiracy theories against him Neil Lennon has decided to give up football management and become a professional darts player. Apparently he's good at throwing trebles and doubles.

• Agree 2

Don't forget of course, that apparently in the past Neil Lennon has applied for the ICT's managers job - in fact maybe more than once. I shudder to think what would happened with him in charge!

In all honesty, questions need to be asked about this man's mental health. Normal people, even those under pressure in football management don't act like that. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he really does have something wrong with him, but there's no doubt really that he's a right ned.

Don't forget of course, that apparently in the past Neil Lennon has applied for the ICT's managers job - in fact maybe more than once. I shudder to think what would happened with him in charge!

In all honesty, questions need to be asked about this man's mental health. Normal people, even those under pressure in football management don't act like that. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he really does have something wrong with him, but there's no doubt really that he's a right ned.

Seriously????? I did not know that!!!!! Like you said, i actually physically shudder at the thought!

If he thinks he has it tough at Celtic with the referees not giving his team decisions then imagine what he would be like given our year of refereeing circus acts!

Well, he has been diagnosed with depression and that's usually manic depression (big swings in either direction). In all seriousness, this must be one of the worst jobs in the entire world for him to control his illness.

Penalty was the right decision. Also the right decision not to give either penalty shout Celtic had late on, both laughable shouts. Neil Lennon's actions at the final whistle were a disgrace, he has no right to behave like that towards officials. I'm assuming that he won't be retracting anything he's said now that TV evidence has shown him to be incorrect. Alan Thompson was also a disgrace, coming out with the head-shakingly stupid quote "If theirs is a penalty then so is ours". I believe that this is what is called in science an "appeal to fairness" and is absolute pish. Hearts get a penalty because Wanyama (and Ledley for that matter) handled the ball. Celtic didn't get a penalty because Webster didn't handle the ball. If Hearts had ten penalties and Celtic had none that doesn't make the decisions unfair.

Hopefully Lennon gets a twenty match touchline ban, in a Derek Adams stylee.

• Agree 1

What really disturbs me about Lennon is the aggressive nature of his protestations.

Plenty of managers get worked up and animated (including ours), but with Lennon you always get the feeling he's on the verge of physically abusing whoever it is directed at.

If anyone else acted like that in any other walk of life then they would quickly find themselves up on charges of breach of the peace and intimidation.

• Agree 2

Just had a look on Neil lennons twitter and he was getting messages from Celtic fans saying he's a disgrace and a bottle merchant haha

But best of all a Celtic fan made the point that hoopers goal was offside so the decision evened itself out in the end. His reply "no it wasn't"

I'm now certain that he has lost it

• Agree 1

Lennon has some serious problems. Ridiculous behaviour once again.

All said, if either of these appeals are penalties then our game changes for good. I'd tell my players just get close to the box and aim for the other teams hands! There was no intent in either and the mixing up of Wanyama and Ledley is ridiculous. If that was awarded against ICT I'd be raging.

What really disturbs me about Lennon is the aggressive nature of his protestations.

Plenty of managers get worked up and animated (including ours), but with Lennon you always get the feeling he's on the verge of physically abusing whoever it is directed at.

If anyone else acted like that in any other walk of life then they would quickly find themselves up on charges of breach of the peace and intimidation.

If anyone acted like that in the street, they would possibly find themselves flat on their erse.

If you look at the refs position he probably didnt see Ledleys handball clearly ( ball to hand, but you are not allowed to have your hand in an unnatural position ) ( when you see Premiership players in the box, and Italian, and Spanish they now always block with their hands behind their backs or held to their sides ) but Euan Norris did duck down as it hit Victor Wanyama's swinging hand to get a better view. One of the two of them made him make the decision. The fact he told Celtic players it was Wanyama kind of rules out Ledley from the blame, and becomes laughable when Celtic say Ledley must have got some tan when he gave it for Wanyama's hand ball.

Offside goals, missing sitters, a blatant dive and a non hand ball by Webster, yet Ref gets abuse that if we did that on a Friday night on the High Street, in fact, any night, we would be in Porterfield until the courts opened.

Everyone knows he has passion for Celtic, but before they go off on one they must get their facts right first. Maybe its someone as green eyed as Neil Lennon who is looking at the replayed incidents and saying it should have been for us.

Seriously????? I did not know that!!!!! Like you said, i actually physically shudder at the thought!

If he thinks he has it tough at Celtic with the referees not giving his team decisions then imagine what he would be like given our year of refereeing circus acts!

His reactions would no doubt be completely over the top but at least he would be justified in having a rant :tongueincheek:

Interesting little article here.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ent/4524354.stm

Basically the laws of the game only refer to deliberate handball but there is a general understanding that if the player deliberately holds his arms so that the arms may block the ball whether it be "hand to ball" or "ball to hand", then that can be construed as deliberate handball. It really shouldn't be that difficult in most situations but we see penalties given time after time when there is no way the contact could have been deliberate. FIFA should be giving a clearer steer on this, but even without that I really do think that the referees should use a bit more common sense and stop ruining games just because the ball happens to strike a defender's hand from time to time. If they paid a bit more attention to the defenders' hands that are constantly pulling shirts, gripping arms and generally getting far too intimate with the bodies of the opposition attackers then we would have penalties when the laws of the game have actually been infringed and a generally more open game would result.

would you agree this was highlighted last season at TCS when that poor innocent water bottle got an undeserved kicking???

Lets just make it a totally level playing field for all and take the decision away from the ref. If ball hits hand or arm its a foul end off. No interpretation of deliberate or not.

Can't agree with that. You will still have to interpret whether it did actually hit the hand or arm which might be just as hard to determine as whether the contact was deliberate or not. But in any case, why should you be penalised just because one of the opposing team hits the ball straight at you from point blank range?

It would lead to serious dilemas in defensive walls. As we all know, players stand in a defensive wall with hands protecting their assets. If you are in a wall within the penalty area and the ball comes thundering towards your hands, what do you do? Leave your hands where they are and concede a penalty or quickly remove them and expose your assets to a rapid devaluation?

We don't want stupid rules. we just want sensible refs. It shouldn't be too much to ask.