Calderwood convinced Caley Jags will prosper.

madsooz

"The race to avoid relegation from the SPL intensified on Saturday as Caley Thistle leap-frogged Aberdeen and Dunfermline.

Victory at St Mirren for Terry Butcher?s side moved Inverness off the bottom of the division and former Pars and Dons manager Jimmy Calderwood does not expect the Highlanders to return there."

Press and Journal

Good to hear. Any1 else think this?

My own view is that this is the year the Dons won't get out of it. I agree with JC. Aberdeen have no fight left and are showing no signs of life. However, if Hearts get rid of a few players AND still slip into administration along with a big points deduction, de-motivated players and club in turmoil, then maybe they will join the race to the illustrious SFL.

Incompetent? His record with Aberdeen and Dunfermline was incredible.

I think he was the opposition manager who beat us quite a few times in cup games.

I also heard that when he was at Aberdeen he wouldnt speak to some of the players for days if they made a mistake on a match day.

Incompetent? His record with Aberdeen and Dunfermline was incredible.

Once again you my friend you have a selective memory.

It is easy to pick out pieces of JC's career and view as favourable. Incredible? Never!

Ask Ross County or Kilmarnock what they thought of a manager who turned up at 10am and left at 11am daily?

With the third highest wage bill in Scottish football as the Aberdeen boss surely he should have achieved more?

His record with Dunfermline was great and he deserves credit for that. Or does Jimmy Nicholl?

At long last he has been found out for what he is and chairmen have stopped giving him jobs on his name only. He will remain an unemployed manager for a long time (unless he takes the Peterhead job when McInally leave).

Well, Killie offered him the job so couldn't have been that bad. I've no idea how he organises the day but does it matter if he's successful? Clough barely appeared on the training ground for instance. Wouldn't criticise him though.

He spent his budget (not decided by the manager) to have a team that went from relegation candidates to top 6 and qualification for European group stages then, after sacking, to relegation candidates again. Which other provincial club has managed that? And I'm pretty sure Hearts had a higher wage bill.

Nichol and Calderwood were partners. Nichol's had successes and failures. Sounds like they complemented each other and that's why they worked together so well.

Who's been a better manager in recent years (long-term - non of those one season wonders)?

Don't think that either are particularly good.

All I will say in conclusion is that Jimmy Calderwood remains an unemployed football manager and has been since May 2011. During this period he has had enjoyed numerous self promotion opportunities on tv, radio and print. During this period, between England, Scotland and the Netherlands (where he has publicly stated he is searching for work) there have been numerous appointments made.

Jimmy Calderwood remains unemployed as it appears that more people in football agree with me than you :nanananana:!