FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Safety reached, well done Tel

bauhaus

I have to say a big well done to all of the team, players, Tel, Mo and the rest. Think that beating the Dons today has guaranteed our highland derbies next season. After the start we had to this season, the injuries, wrongful sending offs and correct ones, lack of clean sheets, and penalty drought.

Time to start signing players onto longer contracts, and start tempting new signings.

Guest Mahonio

Time for me to eat humble pie methinks as i was one of the critics of Tel especially at the start and middle of the season but for him to guide us to safety a few weeks before season ends is remarkable especially with the ammount of injuries.

Think i'll keep quiet next season and lay off the big man!

I do believe we will be in the SPL next season but I will be a lot more comfortable if we pick up 3pts against St.Johnstone in mid-week and then I think we will see a different type of play from the players for the remaining games. I can't see the bottom two winning half of their games to go but you never know. As I have said since the first home game of the season - Hibs are dire - and how they got three points off us that day still puzzles me.

But in order to comply with the thread - well done Terry and Maurice - it's been a long hard season so far and though your team has on far too few occasions shown the standard of play that we all know they have within them they have done enough to get us past the 30 point mark with eight games to go. Hopefully next season you can finalize the squad a lot quicker and we will see a little more luck with the injuries. Looking forward to the County games.... :clapping:

Well, being the kind of guy who doesn't get carried away too easily, I will wait another 2 or 3 games before starting the congratulations. With the newmanager effect, possible at Dunfermline, and still 24 points to play for and only 9 points ahead of Dunfermline. I think another couple of victories are required. And the sooner the better.

Well, being the kind of guy who doesn't get carried away too easily, I will wait another 2 or 3 games before starting the congratulations. With the newmanager effect, possible at Dunfermline, and still 24 points to play for and only 9 points ahead of Dunfermline. I think another couple of victories are required. And the sooner the better.

11 points ahead of them now.

I dont think injuries etc are the reason why ICT have struggled all season...is the mostly sh1te football they have been serving up that is to blame. The fooball i have seen this year has been as dire as anything i have ever seen. Ive seen far better performances down the bught in the summer!

Aye right. If we had no injuries we would still be as poor. I don't think so. The football has been like that because we have been without many of our first choice players for major parts of the season. It does not make for pretty viewing, but it has just been enough to keep our heads above water. SPL football for another season, whether we finished 5th 6th 7th or 10th, it matters not apart from the extra cash for every place.

• Agree 2

If everything is working well with this team you can be assured SMEE will come along and throw a spanner in the works. I do wonder, considering he's forever telling us how he can't get to games due to children, how many performances he's actually seen.

I can see there is no pleasing some people. Performances have not been good at times i agree but there have been several circumstances that have been beyond control of Butcher like injuries and red cards. What is he supposed to do? We cant afford to have 2 or 3 quality players for each position. Given the way things were up until December i think we have done pretty well.

As the OP says all i would like is some continuity in the squad with regards to contracts and maybe the players that are signed in the summer can maybe be a bit more experienced too.

Smee - I have not missed a home game and can honestly say what you posted is nonsense. While not the whole story, the injuries and constant cahnging of personnel in the team has definately had an impact and it has been the biggest impact on the season. However, the next biggest impact has to be the questionable tactics and personnel that Terry/Mo sometimes use!

The way I see it is that this season we've either been immense or sh*te there's been no on between

When weve played well we've played the ball on the deck, passed and moved well and had lots of possession but have lacked the finishing touch alot of the time. The only time we've been clinical is when andy shinnies played

When we havnt played well Weve lacked a plan b and reverted to the longball which with McKay upfront hasn't worked.

But over the course of the season I feel we've played good football but havnt come away from games with anything because of the lack of a finisher.

If we had a fit shinnie all season we'd be in a much better position than we are now

That's not even mentioning the chopping and changing we've had at the back

Edited by lukemackay
  • Agree 1

Isnt this a bit premature.

County and Celtic haven't won their league cups yet, its almost a dead cert but not guaranteed.

Its highly unlikely that we go down now but we are still a couple of games away from saying that we are not going down.

I dont think injuries etc are the reason why ICT have struggled all season...is the mostly sh1te football they have been serving up that is to blame. The fooball i have seen this year has been as dire as anything i have ever seen. Ive seen far better performances down the bught in the summer!

:slapme:

Smee, if we beat Rangers at Ibrox 5-0, Celtic at TCS 6-0, and Barcelona at the Nou Camp 2-0 you would still find something to fault. I can not remember any team having so many first team players out injured for a long time as this season. When one regular is out you miss them, two effects the balance, three means your weakened, four and your in trouble, 5 or 6 and you are praying for leniency. We dont have a big squad, so some of the 20 or so players are pure squad, where if you have one or two out they can do a job, but when you have half the team injured the robustness of the squad will be reduced.

Get a grip Smee, go back to County or Celtic

Smee

As you have probably noticed, I try not to single any one out individually to complain about their attitudes--unless attacked, of course.

But If you would show up next season and try to remain positive throughout that WOULD be a change. Adversity is normal throughout life but it can only be over come with a positive attitude. Anything else is depressing and counter productive.

Please!

• Agree 1

tbh there has been the usual mix of terrible, mediocre & brilliant displays this season

The early injury nightmares we probably all know are the only reason we have not had our best ever

finish, that would have given us an entertaining brand of football, that would have kicked us on to the next level.

Alas Tel has to try again & hopefully manage to get it all going again for next term.

If everything is working well with this team you can be assured SMEE will come along and throw a spanner in the works. I do wonder, considering he's forever telling us how he can't get to games due to children, how many performances he's actually seen.

No doubt Alex...your the type of man that would put his children Second to Football. But i take my role as a Father seriously and like to take my Children as often as i can. Even more so than going to football!

And me doth think you exhagerate somewhat by stating im "forever" telling yous why i dont make many games. I think it has maybe been mentioned a couple of times over about 10+ years that i been on these forums! But i will make allowances, since its you!

and for the record, i have probably seen about a dozen or so ICT games this season, either in person on TV (in full). But I dont purport to be an UBER-FAN of ICT.. . especially these days

No doubt Alex...your the type of man that would put his children Second to Football. But i take my role as a Father seriously and like to take my Children as often as i can. Even more so than going to football!

And me doth think you exhagerate somewhat by stating im "forever" telling yous why i dont make many games. I think it has maybe been mentioned a couple of times over about 10+ years that i been on these forums! But i will make allowances, since its you!

and for the record, i have probably seen about a dozen or so ICT games this season, either in person on TV (in full). But I dont purport to be an UBER-FAN of ICT.. . especially these days

Considering there 26, 24 and 18 I dont think I need to put them second to anything.

In my opinion, we are still one win away from safety and that status is far from guaranteed after a frankly disappointing season when we have definately gone back from where we were this time last year.

We are fortunate that the Pars have been even less reliable in defence than ourselves and that Hibs are at sixes and sevens.

We have similar resourses to St Johnstone and, in comparison with them, have definately under achieved.

• Agree 1

In my opinion, we are still one win away from safety and that status is far from guaranteed after a frankly disappointing season when we have definately gone back from where we were this time last year.

We are fortunate that the Pars have been even less reliable in defence than ourselves and that Hibs are at sixes and sevens.

We have similar resourses to St Johnstone and, in comparison with them, have definately under achieved.

In reality our season last year was made falsely better by a good start and a good finished. We barely picked up a point from November to March.

• Agree 1