FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Classic Clips on YouTube

Caley

Well I finally got round to transferring some VHS stuff from the 90s onto the pc and then uploaded it to YouTube.

The first 2 games on my CaleyClips channel are:

Stenhousemuir 0-1 Caley Thistle, Scottish Cup Feb 1996.

ICT 2-0 Ross County Nov 1996 (2nd game at the new stadium)

A full 25 minutes of the Scottish Cup tie v Rangers at Tannadice in 1996 will hopefully be added soon!

Enjoy it here.

• Agree 5

great mention of "billy wilson" in the commentary for the stenhousemuir game.. i remember the stadium announcer giving the motm award to "billy wilson" as well, prompting a shake of the head from the legendary barry wilson!

great mention of "billy wilson" in the commentary for the stenhousemuir game.. i remember the stadium announcer giving the motm award to "billy wilson" as well, prompting a shake of the head from the legendary barry wilson!

We had "Ian" Hercher playing against Stenhousemuir too!!

11 games uploaded now, all from the 90s.

• Agree 1

Great to see these clips. It is good to see the clips of Ian Stewart showing what a class act he was. His chip against County may not be spectacular but the skill level to do that is unreal. Wonderful also to see the typical uninhibited enthusiasm of Pele in the post match interview.

Many many thanks. I've really enjoyed watching these clips over and over again. Happy memories - of Telford Street especially!!! and the terracing. Oh, the memories of changing ends at half time, to keep being behind the opposition goalie, to hopefully be there to see "our" goals going in - imagine changing ends nowadays!! Only "golden oldies" (and maybe IHE) can recall that.

Edited by lizi

loved the caley - county one from 1996. That was my first Highland Derby in Inverness. didn't even know there was highlights of that game. brought a tear to my eye as i was 7 at the time. great to see TCS with terracing also (how it should be!!). what i remember most about that game was the fans shouting "SUMO" at the county keeper, "Dig a hole" when a county player flopped over and how after King Stewart scored that beautiful winner somehow the county fans quickly disguised themselves into concrete steps, amazing!

Just wondering if you or anyone have any more vids from the early 2000s in the first division? pics of the old Enclosure? the hearts 2002 cup highlights? and the dundee united 1998 replay? would be much appreciated!

Just wondering if you or anyone have any more vids from the early 2000s in the first division? pics of the old Enclosure? the hearts 2002 cup highlights? and the dundee united 1998 replay? would be much appreciated!

Didn't really record anything after we went up to the first division as we were on tv every week by then. Before that it was a rarity to be on tv so I usually recorded it when we were.

I have the cup game against Dundee Utd at Tannadice in 1998 but don't have the replay. I used to have the first ever league game v Arbroath but can't find it now.

If anyone's got any games on tape that they would like to share on YouTube I would happily upload them if you post me a copy of the tape, which I would return of course. Stick to pre SPL days. It would be great to build a comprehensive archive of footage from our days before we joined the big league, available for ICT fans the world over to enjoy. PM me if so.

Can'i do it by software alone unfortunately, you need some hardware to convert the AV output from the video recorder into a format that YouTube can use, an AVI file in my case.

I can show you what you need to buy to do the conversion yourself or you can send the tape to me and I'll upload it to the YouTube channel. Happy to do it either way.