FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness taxis & Wheelchairs

RiG

You should do a PM to lg Andrew, she would know of any.

My Missus's job involves caring for disabled folk and she is always moaning about the lack of taxi's to cater for wheelchair users. :007:

RiG, part of my job is to provide transport provision for the disabled and socially excluded. If I can be of any help give me a shout at... admin@intrans.org.uk    I have qualified MIDAS accessible drivers available to assist.

Caley100, ask your missus to contact me, there are other options available.

I notice DLM have a new wheelchair taxi. 01463 222403.  A small local company called PDS 01463 729666 also have some.  Best book in advance though as it is well documented that they are not too readily available on demand. 

We might yet. The problem with some taxi operators is that carrying disabled passengers safely means taking time to use correct wheelchair restraints etc, and few are prepared to take the time to follow correct safety procedures, hence a reluctance to take on these jobs. There is also a severe lack of training in these safety procedures. There are five community minibuses operating locally and these have trained drivers who do take time to transport disabled passengers using correct procedures.

If anyone is interested I run courses in Accessibilty driver training.