SPL fixture list

Yngwie

The SPL fixtures come out tomorrow, which is always a good sign that the start of the season isn't too far away. Any preference for our first fixture? I would love to see us get off to a winning start, so a winnable home fixture would be good. Although we are better away from home, so maybe not. Ach who cares, we have to play everyone at some point.

Apparently Rangers will not appear in the fixtures, but an unnamed 12th club will be there instead, who may or may not turn out to be the Rangers Newco once the vote is taken.

The SPL fixtures come out tomorrow, which is always a good sign that the start of the season isn't too far away. Any preference for our first fixture? I would love to see us get off to a winning start, so a winnable home fixture would be good. Although we are better away from home, so maybe not. Ach who cares, we have to play everyone at some point.

Apparently Rangers will not appear in the fixtures, but an unnamed 12th club will be there instead, who may or may not turn out to be the Rangers Newco once the vote is taken.

I will be checking carefully to see if any of Club 12's home matches clash with Celtics home matches. Somehow. I don't think they will.

I will be checking carefully to see if any of Club 12's home matches clash with Celtics home matches. Somehow. I don't think they will.

You will be right on that one!

I bet they both have a home game on 11th August....one which will be rescheduled to allow for "lucrative friendlies".

No clash with Celtic home fixtures, unsurprisingly. But Club 12 does clash with Dundee Utd's home games, which coulod turn out to be a problem.

Quite happy with that, always enjoy visiting Midden park...no doubt the Celts will have something to say about 2 trips to the Highlands within a week in August :fingers:

Edited by ajsict92

celtic conspiracy, spl must hate them, two highland trips in a row.

off topic, but wonder how C*unty will get on with postponements this winter, they always seem to get hit as caravan parks dont have much drainage

No clash with Celtic home fixtures, unsurprisingly. But Club 12 does clash with Dundee Utd's home games, which coulod turn out to be a problem.

Interesting. If Dundee are promoted, the SPL will need to re-jig the fixtures.

Happy with Midden away on first game of the season. One of my favourite away days.

Interesting. If Dundee are promoted, the SPL will need to re-jig the fixtures.

Happy with Midden away on first game of the season. One of my favourite away days.

I would imagine they'd do as they do now. If fixtures clash one moves to a sunday.

Eh? Both Celtic and Club 12 have home fixtures on the 2nd week, Saturday 11th August.

At a very quick count, I think I spotted no fewer than nine occasions when Dundee United and "Club 12" are both playing at home at the same time, so if Club 12 were to become Dundee, then that would mean substantial disruption possibly for both Dundee teams. On the other hand there are no "Club 12 - Celtic" clashes, now that Celtic aren't playing on August 11th.

Nine clashes is just about statistically what you would expect for two teams being drawn H - H if their fixtures had been set out completely independently of each other (it's actually 8.25 - a quarter of the 33 games - but you can't have 0.25 of a game).

What would seem to have happened is that the SPL fixtures will have been made up, starting possibly as long ago as it became known that Dunfermline were down, and when there was no serious risk of the now ex-club which was formerly Rangers not being in the SPL so they jigged them to keep what would now have to be called "The Split New Firm" apart. The more recent introduction of serious doubt about the final composition of the SPL has then possibly resulted in "Rangers" being replaced game by game by "Club 12" on the list at a much later stage.

On the other hand some may prefer to adopt the conspiracy theory......

Edited by Charles Bannerman