FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Richie Foran

I have to agree with most of what has been said, Foran should lead and set an example not spent most of his energy chasing the ref giving him verbals he sets himself up to get sent off. We should see how we get on without him in the next few games I am sure given his record they will come down hard on him. It could be we could invest his, wages in another player come the transfer window.

We are supposed to stretched for cash we will now have probably our highest paid player baby sitting for the next few Saturdays. His display has probably convinced me not to invest in a season ticket, simply pay at the gate.

The other thing 3 games 2 red cards We used to be a team that would only get two red cards in a season.

I just don't get this Richie bashing. He made a mistake. It happens.

As fans we expect, and demand, 100% commitment, as well as leadership on the park. We get bagloads of both from Foran. One foolish challenge, perhaps unlucky to be given a straight red from a ref whose competence is highly questionable, and he's getting as much stick on here as OTJ did for an act of mindless aggression.

:shrug02:

• Agree 2

What is angering a few folk is the fact that he is just back after suspension and from the word go he was in the refs face and heading for a booking. The tackle itself was debatably a red, certainly a yellow, but it let down the fans, the team and himself.

He really should know better, but he still carries on like this and will be top of our yellow card list come the end of the season......... unless he turns over a new leaf.

Take the armband off him and fine him, along with Jones.

It was a show of complete petulance from a player who is meant to be an experienced professional and someone who should know better. Plus he is the captain of the team! Just like Jones last week he should be hammered for his indiscipline.

You can never doubt his enthiusiasm but his skill levels are not great at times.

Couple this with his age and fiery temperament = yellow and red cards!.

Last season most of his games were poor. If he gets on this season do you think things will improve?

Two weeks on the trot, so called senior pros have let us down, so called captain should not act in this manner.

But as many have said already, he seems to be a Butcher favourite and cant put a foot wrong.

He needs to serve his ban and then not come back in straight away

Benching him doesn't do any good for the team nor for him as if you do when he is allowed back in the team he'll be even more pumped to get involved more and these things will happen again.

This is part of his make up as a player and I think the only thing that TB can do is remind him forcefully of his duty as a captain and leader and try and curb that temper (if you want to call it that) is it isn't helping him, the team nor does it set a good example to the younger players in the team.

I said in the matchday thread that it wasn't good enough from him and he should have known better, which I stand by, he'd have been off anyway as it was a yellow card offence at least so with that in mind he needs to start being more sensible.

There's no doubting his passion and commitment to the team BUT if he can't keep a cool head when we're 2-0 down then this kind of thing will happen again and again.

Got to give huge credit to the rest of the team for knuckling down and putting on an incredible performance in the 2nd half to pull it back with 10 men against one of the strongest sides in the league.

I hope Foran learns a lesson from that, he has been shown up by the younger lads on how to keep your heads together and get the job done.

Also it would do Butcher a favour to recognise this and see how his captain can potentially ruin our chances of getting the results.

Has it crossed anyone's mind that one of the reasons we kept going and got a result yesterday could be because of the total commitment and never say die attitude instilled in the team by the captain? Just a thought.

• Agree 1

Whatever positives that Foran does instill in the team doesn't take away from the fact that he struggles to keep a cool head when we're in the sh!t.

I'm hoping he can learn from the rest of the guys attitude.

Not his fault that we had a dodgy ref yesterday but he payed the price for getting wound up by decisions going against us, i doubt he would have fouled the boy like that if he kept it together.

He is always going to have a fiery temperament and a mouth on him but it's all about using that as a positive by urging his team on not mouthing off at the officials, getting stuck in without going over the top and making daft two footed lunges in front of the ref.

Some right girls on here sometimes. In all my years watching and playing football that was a mistimed tackle if I have ever seen one although in super slow mo it looks much slower. A few weeks ago folk were bigging him up as the messiah. Now he is a very naughty boy. He is a half decent player with passion who may get sent off occasionally but he does care about the club.

Bring on the Sellic - Richie can enjoy a well earned rest and come back stronger for the next game.

Having now seen the red card incident on TV, it was a bit more of an intensional lunge than I had initially thought from the stand, so he does deserve a bit of criticism.

However we shouldn't go overboard, as he's only had 1 red card all season......

None of the reports I have seen are indicating that he was on a Yellow Card, and Foran himself is claiming he wasn't....confused.

I already queried that in a post as I couldnt remember him being booked previously. Really not sure where this has come from. Maybe mistaken identity? Confused also...

No mention of a previous yellow on BBC. I don't know if this one is really worth appealing but please get this into context. If, as IHE rigtly says, you take the aggression out Foran, you end up with half the player. Anyone remember what he was like when he was younger? Pussycat nowadays. As for OTJ, it's entirely different. Never been sent off or suspended before, he lashed out like a laddie genuinely concerned about another injury. Neither of these indicate a discipline problem at the club. Just a couple of episodes of daftness.

• Agree 3

We are likely to see inconsistency amongst referees every year. Last year Richie was subjected to a very dangerous over the top tackle at Hibs in the 1-1 draw yet I do not recall the player being booked. It was cringeworthy to watch the tackle. If all referees took the Bobby Madden line on Saturday we would have many more red cards for tackles. As Richie is reported as saying, Bobby Madden had a poor game by his usually high standards. The tackle possibly warranted a yellow from TV evidence. It would be interesting to see the referee's report.