FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Billy Dodds

Ronaldo

Why does the whole world assume Celtic will walk the league. I've seen nothing so far that suggests they will. Lennon hasn't done anything to show that they will. We, on the other hand, are capable, on our day, of beating every other team in the league. We have a decent squad and we can shock a few. IMO this season is the chance for a few teams to win the league and they will be trying. We could just as easily be one of those teams though realistically I see us finishing around mid table.

Why does the whole world assume Celtic will walk the league. I've seen nothing so far that suggests they will. Lennon hasn't done anything to show that they will. We, on the other hand, are capable, on our day, of beating every other team in the league. We have a decent squad and we can shock a few. IMO this season is the chance for a few teams to win the league and they will be trying. We could just as easily be one of those teams though realistically I see us finishing around mid table.

I tend to agree with Alex here, and I'll see if we are right at 4.45 on saturday. Celtic won't walk this league, they haven't been able to reinforce their gang of one status enough since the untimely demise of their sister. Funnily enough, they might be the side that suffers most. After drawing with Dinamo Moscow, I'm inclined to think that Dundee United will prosper this year, as might Aberdeen. Motherwell have shown nothing to suggest that they are any great shakes, Dundee and our near neighbours are unknown quantities (but Dundee are really weak) so that leaves us to battle it out with St Mirren, Killie, Hibs 'n Hearts and Perth Saints. Given the relative states of the clubs, we can get results against most. St Mirren look particularly weakened this year, as do Killie and Hearts juniors may or may not cope.

So I think that this might be one of the most open SPL's in years, with the accent on beating those around us instead of not losing, and our traditional ability to win way from home might be more important than ever. Improve on the home form, get the crowds back in and our world could be a little bit rosier next May.

Celtic will win the league but it will not be by the gap some people have been saying. The gap between 2nd and 3rd last year will be much more than 1st and 2nd this year. Last season M'well lost 4 games to the huns, the teams trying to challenge will not loose as many points to the OF (cos 1 half is in the 3rd) therefore the gap will be smaller and hopefully the league a bit more exciting.