FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Manager of the Month?

Yngwie

Terry must be in with a good chance of being awarded SPL MotM for October.

ICT, Aberdeen and St Johnstone all got 2 wins and a draw in the SPL, a better record than anyone else. Lomas got the award for September so I doubt he'll get it again.

Its an SPL award so I don't think League Cup results are meant to be taken into account, but I'm sure our victory at Ibrox will be noted by the judges. The manner of our victories and the attractive style of football must also count in our favour.

So whilst I think these awards are a bit of nonsense, I reckon Terry will be claiming the champagne (or whatever he gets) for the first time since October 2010...shortly after which I think our season started to go dramatically downhill.

Any of our players in with a chance of an award?

Quote from the Bran Seer - dated October 2nd 2012 :wink:

Exfeckinactly - one swallow does not a summer bring - but it is nice to see a swallow rather than a fat feckin seagull.What we have to aim for now is consistency. October 2012 could be our most defining month in years. There are nine potential league points a begging and that tally would really consolidate our position in the Top Six and give us the breathing space needed from the relegation zone. It could also herald the much needed fan boost of a cup semi-final appearance. And could land Mr Butcher his first Manager of the Year award in yonks..

Will be very surprised if he does not get it! It would be a nice double if one of the Shinnies gets the player of the month which would be well deserved.

herald online quote from killie manager

Shiels said: "They have the best player in the SPL at the minute in Andrew Shinnie. He is one I would recommend for Scotland if I had anything to do with it."

Will be very surprised if he does not get it! It would be a nice double if one of the Shinnies gets the player of the month which would be well deserved.

herald online quote from killie manager

Shiels said: "They have the best player in the SPL at the minute in Andrew Shinnie. He is one I would recommend for Scotland if I had anything to do with it."

totally agree.

looking through the rest of the spl whos playing as well? griffiths? mcginn? nah they have had nowhere near the same impact on recent games as shinnie, hes such a talent. he can turn games for us, and despite everyones efforts they cant handle him. itll be interesting to see how he does against celtic, 1 on 1 against wanyama will be a big step up, hell be going up against a epl quality enforcer, if he plays well surely itll win him a scotland call up soon.

hes been instrumental in our new get it down and play style along with doran and otj for me.

Edited by lukemackay

Well the cursed award went to Craig Brown, whilst Aberdeen also got both of the best player prizes.

Since the matches which earned them the award, they have been knocked out of the cup by St Mirren and then lost to County.

• Agree 1