FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Signings in January

TopSix

I read in the P&J the link with Arsenal could see one or two more players coming up on loan which would be decent. I note with interest a young lad called Steven Ross scored for our feeder club today. Hope he's well on our radar.

So you don't think he will be transferred back to England because that might Blight-y his future success with ICT?

Oh, that's good to hear, because the Pimple family thinks that's why Terry will stay in Inverness despite tempting other offers that will soon come his way due to the brilliant success of Inverness Caledonian Thistle--the ***** of the North. :thumbup:

If we can keep those we have, then I honestly don't see any need to add to the squad in January.

The current team are playing out of their skins, we have as strong a bench as we could ever hope for at the start of each game, there's a number of young lads chapping at the door for more regular inclusion and still a few to come back from injury.

• Agree 3

Agree with C D. Why bring in just for the sake of it. If Roberts stays, and no serious long term injuries, there is no need to add to squad. With Foran comming back, then Hogg, King and Ross to return in the new year, that will be like 3 new signing there.

Indeed, the real question is not about who we will sign but who we can keep hold of.

The likes of A Shinnie and Draper have been attracting an awful lot of attention. Let's enjoy them while they are here, anything beyond this season is a bonus.

I'm happy with what we have, would rather see any money that is aside (if at all) for Jan signings put into the pot for getting players on longer term deals. We need to keep all or at least most of what we have.

Also want to see early scouting to pick up some freebies in the summer, especially for positions we know we could be left short after the summer.

Sad to have to think about players leaving and the squad for next season but given the financial state what choice do we have - hopefully a cup final will boost the funds for next year ;)

• Agree 1

is there another shinnie we could sign?

Mrs Shinnie? :D

Mrs Shinnie - the ICT youth production line!

Valid points, if it ain't broke don't fix it. And at the moment it most definitely is not broken.

Also would rather any money was put toward rewarding those who deserve it.

If any serious injuries crop up then maybe we should look to strengthen but im happy with what we have at present. Club need to look at retaining the majority of this team for next season. Dont want a repeat of last summer in terms of the mass exodus we suffered.

I have it on good sources that Arsenal are happy to let Roberts stay and the final decision is down to the man himself.

I'd imagine he was given a 6 month deal in order to prove himself and earn a longer deal. He's been unlucky that continuity in the squad hasn't presented him with the opportunity for first team action, but his performance in reserves and, I believe, in training has been good. On that basis then I'd be surprised if he wasn't given the option to extend his stay.

Wow! how the wind has changed.

I used to read stuff like get new players in, get rid of so and so, bring back someone called Tokeley and Munro we cant do withiout them :cry: sack the manager.

Nowit is refreshing to read things like We dont need any new signings, happy to keep, dont need any, Butcher should be manager of the month

Aaahhh sublime .....contentment in the ranks at last...Long may it continue........... :clapoverhead:

• Agree 3

Stop being so content, positive and optimistic. Lets be feckin realistic. We simply havent' got the finances. We are going to suffer injuries and suspensions, we are going to get hammered by County in the cup, we are going to get hammerred by Midden in the League cup, we will lose all our good players in the winter break and we will be fighting out relegation with Dundee on the last day of the season.The old legends are so historical that sum peeple cant spell their names properly, Butcher didnt get manager of the month. At least my brief DBT intervention with TB appears to have mellowed the narcisstic traits. :wink:

That's why one must keep a calm seough. Never get upset, never cheer, never clap yer hands, or lose yer temper. Be even in yer emotions and never show them and never ever express an opinion, especially a controversial one... :laugh:

Reap the benefits--you never have a heart attack, never experience any joy or sadness and stop being alive,

Not my cup of tea, chums, so I am going to continue being a red- hearted Pimple with red face and lovely red lips, rolling my "r's" and rending my red cloak , mumbling and bumbling and stumbling and tumbling and sometimes fumbling with my round belly rumbling.

Hoping that someone nice will tell me that in their life I'm the spice and never put lice in my rice...well.... at least, not twice. :wave: