Too many long punts and a contentious penalty shout with County's right back having the best shot of the game. More or less sums it up but a point is a result im very happy with. Definite penalty, one of many decisions that Crawford Allan got wrong today. 

What is up with their pitch? Its like trying to play football in a sandbox;

Too many long punts and a contentious penalty shout with County's right back having the best shot of the game. More or less sums it up but a point is a result im very happy with. Definite penalty, one of many decisions that Crawford Allan got wrong today. 

Was it Crawford Allan because if I remember right it said the ref was Steve Mclean on the BBC text.

Was it Crawford Allan because if I remember right it said the ref was Steve Mclean on the BBC text.

Beg your pardon, It was McLean. 

Too many long punts and a contentious penalty shout with County's right back having the best shot of the game. More or less sums it up but a point is a result im very happy with.
Definite penalty, one of many decisions that Crawford Allan got wrong today. 

Beg your pardon, It was McLean. 

Should be naming and shaming the linesman who was right in front off it. PURE SHOCKING!!!

• Agree 1

East stand side linesman was terrible throughout not just that incident.

He certainly didn't seem to understand that to be offside you must be beyond the last man when the ball is kicked, not when you look across a second or so later.

I wanted to share the thoughts of a neutral. My impression of the game too. Heavy Whalley, who's from Ayr lives in Burghead is a legend of Scottish Mountain Rescue. Apart from not being to tell his Derek Adams from his elbow he makes some encouraging comments on the future for football in the Highlands. His daily blog is superb and well worth following. http://heavywhalley.wordpress.com/2013/03/03/observatory-ridge-27-years-on-the-highland-derby-great-afternoon-in-dingwall-much-safer-for-an-old-guy/

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/reports-2012-13/ross-county-v-inverness-ct-report-r1030

Full match report published now

"Not quite El Kessocko, more like El Floppo as both sides bludgeoned out a pretty drab no scoring draw.  One man did his best to keep the score level and that was the clown that officiated this encounter.  A painted face and a pair of oversize shoes were all that was missing from referee Steve McLean as he went about his routine........... :joker:

• Agree 2

The condition of the pitch combined with the shocking condition of the pitch meant that this was never going to be one for the purists.

The number of mis-kicks from both teams reflected this and neither defence sought to take too many chances.

Looked like a penalty to everyone except MacLean and Adams, though to be honest this was just one of many poor and inconsistent decisions. Can't remember which county player took a dive in the first half however there was no card shown yet he takes a different path for Shinnie.

Ritchie clearly was not fully fit. Billy ran out of steam after about an hour and we seem to lack a replacement or at least someone who Butcher thinks can consistently replace him.

• Agree 1

Not convinced it was a penalty to be honest. The worst decision was to penalise Nick Ross for a fantastic challenge on Lawson (I think) where he toed the ball away but a foul was given against him.

Overall I thought it was a poor game and both teams were set up to stifle each other and aside from the chances that people have already mentioned there isn't really too much else to add. I would have taken a point before hand but I'm a bit concerned as we haven't created much over the last couple of games going by standards set earlier in the season.

We've not been playing well while C(o)unty are on fire. Cownty are much improved since the transfer window and winning is the best cure for anything. But as the home team they never really created much.

I thought the first half was a bit like the cup game. We probably shaded it and looked the more composed side.

Also like the cup game, Cownty got right in our faces second half from the off. Our defence stood firm and were never really stretched but midfield to front we seemed to think the game only lasts 45 mins. We seemed to sit off them in midfield and Brittain was getting time to spray these passes left and right, although he's not got the class to make killer passes anyway.

Graeme handled Sproule well but he never did much against us anyway even in his prime.

Pitch was awful, both teams made loads of unforced errors but it seemed to affect our flair players Shinniesta and Doran worse than others. The ball wouldn't run for Jones either. Some people's distribution was even worse - yes that's right Dave the Rave, we mean you!

Back in the summer everybody was saying how Cownty's park would be better than ours.

I did warn you that Viccy Park would become the Global Energy Library - was I right or was I right?

Travelling back over the Kessocko isn't our place a sight to behold? No contest. Bring on the 16th.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 3

You've got to love some of the nonsense from Over The Bridge -

Rene, I haven't looked at their sleepy wee board for ages. Deleted it from my faves. Back in the day it was good to go there for a bit of banter and a wind up especially since every second thread is about us anyway.

A few decent posters but too many bitter wee chippy guys. You know there's a problem when some people seethe too much to even say our name - they call us 'THEM' or 'The Scum' instead! Of course maybe it's just Adams signing up under a dozen usernames......

Edited by TheMantis

A valuable point was all that mattered. A difficult game at Dens then three against fellow top six aspirants so boring draws are one way of making the top 6. Two more boring draws and we will be there but obviously we could do with better to sustain this four game unbeaten run.

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3

Terrible game but happy with the point. I was very worried before the game. The back four were superb and handled the County threat well (get Raven signed up!!!) We controlled midfield in first half and County controlled it in second.

A draw was a fair result. Great craic with my ICT and County friends pre and post match. I have been very angry at the state of Scottish football - but thank feck for the Highland derby. I hope it‘s here to stay in the top flight for a long time. Dingwall away is definately my favourite away day. Roll on the 16th... and here‘s hoping we both make top six.

Edited by CapitalCaley

Poor game tbh but as mentioned the pitch didn't help that. Decent day out but can't believe how quiet the County "fans"were.

A lot of fuss was made about selling out the whole library stadium. Both the East and West Stand had empty areas at the corner flags, nearest to us, could easily be 100 seats each. Also the wendy house had a couple of dozen spaces. OK I suppose it's normal for a few people to buy tx then not turn up.

Caley100 and i just sat anywhere as we couldn't actually find our seats in row D. Mine was D159 (Caley100 might have had D160) but i sat in D144 in an aisle seat. The last block nearest the wendy house had less than 16 seats in a row (I counted but I forget now) so 159 and 160 couldn't have existed.

There was a RCFC fan and his girlfriend on the Innes Bar bus and they said their seats in the East Stand didn't exist either.

http://caleythistleo...ct-report-r1030

Full match report published now

"Not quite El Kessocko, more like El Floppo as both sides bludgeoned out a pretty drab no scoring draw.  One man did his best to keep the score level and that was the clown that officiated this encounter.  A painted face and a pair of oversize shoes were all that was missing from referee Steve McLean as he went about his routine........... :joker:

Video clips now added to report