FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Captain in Foran's absence

Sneckboy

No! I'm not starting a premature thread on Foran joining Butcher at Hibs! That hopefully won't happen...

But our captain, Richie Foran, is suspended for the Scottish Cup game against Morton. He got booked in the replay win against County and picked up another yellow in the next round in our defeat to Kilmarnock. Seemingly this has triggered a one-match ban.

So, who should captain Inverness in Richie's enforced absence?

Ryan Esson is no stranger to the captain's-armband - he may get selected as it's a cup fixture - depends what the new manager thinks. If there is one by then! Shearer and Kellacher may still be temporarily in charge.

Graeme Shinnie's also previously been captain. I think Gary Warren would definitely be a good candidate.

EDIT: I was typing this before the news broke that Foran had signed-up for another 3 years...so my line "...that hopefully won't happen..." should now read, "...that DEFINITELY won't happen..."!!! Great decision Mr Foran.

Edited by Sneckboy

I think Raven was the captain of the British universities team at some point as well. Having so many leaders in key positions is definitely a major reason behind why we're doing so well.

Edited by Guest