FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

I certainly don't envy the board in board in their search for the next manager of ICT. None of the names I've seen/heard bandied about grab me as being a stand-out candidate, and some even fill me with dread !! :crazy:

What I think worked really well with TB & MM was the name 'Terry Butcher' attracted players to come to Inverness that would otherwise not have given us a second thought! While MM concentrated on coaching the players and getting them fit.

IMHO another 'name' as manager, to attract new players, with a sidekick to coach the team, is the way to go?

It's difficult to put into words how much I detest Sheils and his attention seeking, rent-a-gob, media persona. People on here seem to have short memories with regard to the constant pops he had at our temerity to be based out with the central belt. I trust The club will be laying on daily flights to the sneck as part of his deal. Pro-Sheils apologists hang your heads in shame.........

• Agree 4

I still kinda want Levein but this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24946618

Suggests we might get one of these two as they are the first people to be publically mentioned, Shiels has won a League Cup and has a good reputation with the youth developments and that but I'm just not sure if we can afford him getting match bans and getting the club fined as that did happen at Killie. I would like him as manager if I'm honest but just not sure about his attitude and what he says because he wasn't careful at Kilmarnock and it cost him his job in the end so mixed emotions on that one for me. Also I haven't really got a good memory of how good/bad John Hughes was at Hibs and haven't heard about him for ages so not sure on him either.

It's difficult to put into words how much I detest Sheils and his attention seeking, rent-a-gob, media persona. People on here seem to have short memories with regard to the constant pops he had at our temerity to be based out with the central belt. I trust The club will be laying on daily flights to the sneck as part of his deal. Pro-Sheils apologists hang your heads in shame.........

I don't think he will manage to come all the way up the A9 for an interview, it's to far!

this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24946618 Suggests we might get one of these two as they are the first people to be publically mentioned,

"But it is believed that Inverness have already talked to Shiels about the vacancy at Caledonian Stadium."

This is actually true.

- Ah, good morning Mr Cameron, it's Kenny Shiels here, I'd like to....

- FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, STOP CALLING US!

• Agree 2

George Burley said in the sun that he is interested in the job, also the Alloa chairman said that he wouldn't stand in the way if we approached them for Paul Hartley.

Very promising that we have so many people interested!

Also spoke with Alloa chairman Mike Mulraney who said he wouldn't stand in Paul Hartley's way if Caley Thistle came in for him

Spoke with George Burley today who says he is interested in the Caley Thistle job. Read in Friday's Scottish Sun. #caleythistle

Guest Mahonio

Seems like board listen to you guys on here  :smile:  :smile::ictscarf: :ictscarf:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/443094/Caley-Thistle-bid-to-keep-Richie-Foran.

Quote from above article: "Express Sport can reveal talks are set for next week with the offer of a new contract and even a coaching role in any new-look management team".

Edited by Mahonio

Shiels once led a Kilmarnock side that let Tade score not 1 but 2 goals in a football match...yes, he let that happen.

In all seriousness I wouldnt be opposed to him but he has criticised us in the past in different aspects. It will take a bit to win me over.

• Agree 1

Update on club's Facebook page: 

News update from ICTFC:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC have had applications from as far afield as Italy, Spain and South America as they pursue a managerial appointment.

Club chairman Kenny Cameron said: “The update to keep our supporters informed is that we have been inundated with applications for the job. Contrary to suggestions, there is no deadline for applying.

"The board has decided to take its time and no one has been contacted yet about the vacancy. We will focus on drawing up a short list at some point next week before setting about conducting interviews.

"It now appears unlikely that this process will be completed in time for the game with St Johnstone at Inverness next weekend. That being the case, then former Scotland player Duncan Shearer and fellow youth coach Scott Kellacher will take charge in that game.

"We're pleased with the calibre of applicants but our priority is to make the right appointment and that will take time."

It is an indication of how far ICT have come that we have 4 of the last 5 Scotland managers deemed by bookies and media to be in contention, to varying degrees. Levein, Burley, McLeish and Broon.  Just need Berti for the full set of all Scotland's managers since ICT was formed!

Mind you, it also perhaps says a bit about the national team.