FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The case of Torbjorn Agdestein

Hansylanzy

We play with one forward and, of course, it's McKay. Adgestein has been recruited to be his first substitute. It's his role, I think, and what's why we see him only few minutes per game. But I hope he will have more minutes in Cups ties.

If we can find a good striker to bring in I don't see why we need Toby

The chances of finding a 'good striker' (for free) in January I'd say are pretty much zero. We need to keep him at least until the end of the season as cover for Billy.

The chances of finding a 'good striker' (for free) in January I'd say are pretty much zero. We need to keep him at least until the end of the season as cover for Billy.

If we can get a decent loan cover (nothing like Roberts) then we could do Without him.

If we can get a decent loan cover (nothing like Roberts) then we could do Without him.

I personally would rather have one of our own younger players (read Toby) as cover opposed to a loanee. Makes more sense in the longer term to develop one of our own players rather than someone else's and nobody that comes in is ever going to be first choice over Billy anyway.

You might be right but I think it would be stupid to let him go in January especially because as you say Allen is yet to feature which would suggest he isn't up to the required standard. The chances of getting a really good loanee willing to come up knowing that at best they are going to be second choice would be very difficult and I therefore doubt we would be able to get anyone better than Toby. He has shown flashes and performed well in U20 games and I just think we should give him a chance of a contract until at very least the end of the season. 

• Agree 1

Come on you lot! He is very much part of our winning squad, don't lets start breaking that up you know what happened when the boy took his thumb out of the hole in the dam.

He is nearly always on the bench so he must be rated and fits in with the Team.

I don't see the point in bringing someone else in to play cover for Mckay, Toby is more than capable of doing that so i would keep him.  Chances are he's not going to get much game time though so if he's still happy with that then keep him on.

So I am just wondering what you guys think of him. Will he get an extension on his contract? Will he go in january?

How do you feel about him after what you've seen this season?

Is this you Toby ?-  Yer alright , maybe hang about a bit longer!

The strikers situation will be one of the first 'problems' the new manager will have to address. Does he offer Toby an extension? Does he release Curtis Allen?

He'll no doubt have some fending-off to do from interested parties for Billy, throughout January. It's almost a cert that offers will be coming in.

I know we've got a new manager and all that but I think we would of heard by now if he was going to extend his contract, last year GBH was given a contract in August and it was supposed to be 6-month but he left in December, Toby was given one in July so I can see him leaving at the end of this month, he has made little more contribution than that of Oswell and Oswell was released early

Jury out on Toby IMO. I am hopeful we can bring through some goal getters from the U20s tho. Ferguson, Christie etc

Could not agree more. Release Curtis Allen and Toby and get the young boys feeling like they are close to the first team. It is working for other SPFL sides with boys like Ryan Gauld and Cammy Smith and more. The youth boys have been performing better than the two senior players so I dont see why not. We always have Foran as well if need be. 

• Agree 2

Toby would be easier to release due to contract expiry but Im not sure Allen would agree to an early release, would he agree to be released by mutual consent due to not playing a game yet? Or would he just enjoy being a pro player and take the money and not play? Agreed however, need to get Christie and Ferguson more chances

• 4 weeks later...