FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Memorable moments 13/14

Yngwie

Signing the manager that's taken us the furthest ever in a major cup tournament and secured the highest premiership points tally ever.

Have a word with Charlie Christie about that.

Signing the manager that's taken us the furthest ever in a major cup tournament and secured the highest premiership points tally ever.

Have a word with Charlie Christie about that.

See my reply to RiG.

When did we get Craig Brewster back?  :wink:

To my knowledge....Brewster never managed us in the Premiership :lol:

splitting hairs there Don. He did manage us in the highest league available and between him and Charlie amassed our highest points total in the top flight. 58 points in 05/06. Charlie also had a remarkable record of 5 wins in the post-split games that season where we did not concede a single goal. 3 x 0-1 away wins and a 1-0 and 2-0 win at home. 

I will concede however that last year and this year might be regarded as 'better quality' finishes given that we had 57 this year (and 54 last) but it was in the top six so competing against far stronger sides. Its a lot easier to be the 'best of the rest' like some previous seasons than it is to be in the top six. 

04-05: 44 : Robbo --> Brewster 

05-06: 58 : Brewster --> Charlie Christie

06-07: 46 : Christie

07-08: 43 : Christie --> Brewster

08:09: 37 : Brewster --> Butcher

09-10: not in SPL : Butcher

10:11: 53 : Butcher

11-12: 39 : Butcher

12-13: 54 : Butcher (achieved in top 6)

13-14: 57 : Butcher --> Hughes  (achieved in top 6)

• Agree 1

Whooosh central on this thread.

I clearly made my remark very carefully to include the word "premiership" in full knowledge that some people would jump on the fact "we got 58 points in 05/06"

Obviously the Cup semi-final was tops as a one off game. But being the only other team apart from Cellic to have topped the SPFL is worth shouting about!

• Agree 1

But being the only other team apart from Cellic to have topped the SPFL is worth shouting about!

Good point! Were we top all the way to October?

The cup semi-final was THE moment for me. It was just incredible, and anyone who was at it (well, apart from the Hearts fans obviously) will have come away from the ground absolutely buzzing with one of the best feelings you'll ever get from a sporting occasion. It's the one game from this season that we will still remember and talk about in 10 years time, and it surely has a place in any ICT fan's top 5 games ever.

• Agree 2

Yeah, but by that measure, here's another true but astonishing fact.

Terry Butcher has just guided Hibs to their highest ever points haul in the Scottish Premiership!

Absolutely.

Let me make it totally clear.....my post was made with a little tongue in cheek!!!

The semi final. Will never forget the emotion of Nicks goal and the pens. Perfect day topped off with a chat with Deano, Nick and Graeme at the Social Club!

Lights out at Dingwall.

The Titanium sing along at the final and the 3-0 drubbing at Dingwall.

Taking Mikey Diamonds flag up to the top tier at the final. Felt very emotional looking down on the stadium.

Ladies Day! You had to be there....lol

Hibs away the day Butcher sat in the stand. Atmosphere in away end was electric. Everyone sang for 90 minutes with an air of defiance and had goosebumps when everyone young and old stood near the end to stand up song!

Stranraer. Best away trip by far .....

Er,  is Terry B still at Easter Road, guys?

Stranraer ----we did well to get past them didn't we? A real plucky side...eh? :laugh:

For me , what a season!

Hanging on every comment from those who were there but somehow I managed to find a live video of the semi final and THAT was  a thrill and a half. Nick's goal was such a thrill and my wife was asking "What was all that screaming about S P?" I tried to explain but I could see the eyes glassing over so I changed the subject darn quick (P.S. I think she knew very well though.. He! He!)

And, again,  I manipulated the computer until I found a live video of the game--what a lucky break that was too. :cheer01:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...